Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards doing sean kelly tour

Options
  • 19-08-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Someone suggested that we make a list of participants doing the sean kelly tour
    let me know and i can add more

1. E@gle. 160
    2.Quigs snr 160/100
    3. Blorg. 160
    4.72hundred 160
    5. irishmotorist 160
    6.Raam 160
    7.RobAMerc 160
    8.rapidoe 160
    9.hunnymonster 160
    10.barrabus 160
    11.Ledgecubed 160
    12.Caroline_ie 160
    13.penexpers 100/50
    14.DirkVoodoo 160
    15.Funkyzeit 160
    16.Cadex 160
    17.LDB 160
    18.barrabus 160
    19.showry 160
    20.SACH Central 160
    21.sy and his son 100
    22.ROK ON 100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

i am doing 160 so add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wow, thats a good old turnout! Proper club we are now :)

EDIT: Maybe we could do a little food and/or drink afterwards, assuming everyone isnt knackered. Ill be driving back but I wudnt mind hanging around and having a boardsie meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Taking the handy option and doing the 100km myself. (But will do the Seskin Hill Loop so I can say I rode up one hill!)

Number. 1382

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I'm down for the 160 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

I also doing the 160 too. Word locally is that they are expecting 1,500 on the day with about 500 names for the 160.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Had planned the 160 but my son wants to try the 100 so will have to stay with him(just turned sixteen). Might join King Kelly on that loop of Seskin Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Doing the 100 with the better half, its the one spin in the year we can do together, and I am under no pressure to go out there and murder myself for 160k to whip myself into shape for the Adare 2 day, as I packed in the racing at the weekend once I realised that the All Ireland final will be on the same day as the final race. I am not a big hurling fan but I may not get another chance to see another final, if they take as long as they did last time I will be 77 years old next time !!!

If the weather is bad and she who must be obeyed chickens out I will be dishing out the pain on the 160 instead !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am 160k number 94 RED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I'm only doing the 100k, or maybe even only the 50 if I don't find somewhere to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Jaysus! Great turn out. Cheers E@gle.

I'll be around Sunday after the cycle - ain't travelling home till Monday - so if anyone is around for a few scoops that night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

72hundred wrote: »
    Jaysus! Great turn out. Cheers E@gle.

I'll be around Sunday after the cycle - ain't travelling home till Monday - so if anyone is around for a few scoops that night...

I think thats my plan for a bit of beerage after aswell, i hear sean k himself is some man for the pints

If ya cant beat him up the hills ya can sure try and drink him under the table!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am ok for drinks on saturday.. sunday I will have to finish the 160 so you might already be well started on the drinks by the time I finish ...

And I can't even beat you on drinks ... I only drink rockshandy ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I'll be doing the 160. My father in law is doing the 100 so I'll probably spin along with him for a while, but I'll see ye there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I'm in for either the 100 or 160, depends on the weather and how I feel on the morning. Are the boardies going in groups and will it be eay to join one on the morning?

I'm in for either the 100 or 160, depends on the weather and how I feel on the morning. Are the boardies going in groups and will it be eay to join one on the morning?

i wouldn't worry about a groups there will be loads of them of all different abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

F*ck it - I've no training done - I've no interest in cycling anymore but I'm going to try do the 100 just to meet up with some of ye on the sunday !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

A meet up afterwards would be great. I've a 40 min run to do after the cycle so would anyone be willing to swap phone numbers with me so I can call to find out where everyone has ended up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

I'm also on for a meet up but will be driving back home so no alco bevvies (an oxygen mask will do me just fine....)

Cool, put me down for a pint of Miwadi after. Any good spots in Dungarvan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Cool, put me down for a pint of Miwadi after. Any good spots in Dungarvan?

The Anchor bar down on the quay is a good spot if the sun is shining...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Just checking out how I'm getting to Waterford from Limerick.

Rail is my preferred way. There's a chance that they mightn't take the bike though. [RANT] Which in this day and age with millions and millions being spent on the network is ridiculous! [/RANT].

Bus is second. I don't fancy it though as the thought of having the bike in the under compartment brings a lot of problems with it. Namely having the sh^t beaten out of it by bouncing up and down on the roads and secondly I could very easily get nicked, and that's even if it'll fit.

Think I'm just going to have to try hard to get the bike on the train in the first place.

Anyone have any experience with dealing Irish Rail and getting bikes on-board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It entirely depends on what kind of train it is. If it's a commter-style train then forget about it. If it has a guards van, they should take it.

Lets hope that this years t-shirts are not lime green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I just got a nice e-mail from the Sean Kelly people with info on the event. Nothing new in it really (apart from acommodation links for those who need it), but they tell me that they've even been sweeping the roads. They're also expecting 2000 people! That's a bit more than I though would be there.

Also, those feckers on the weather last night said that it will be nice today, a bit less nice tomorrow and raining and blustery on Sunday. I feel like taking up voodoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Raam wrote: »

aye i think the south-east will get the best of the weather at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

E@gle. wrote: »
    aye i think the south-east will get the best of the weather at the weekend

looks like it'll be ok according to the bbc and met.ie but maybe not as nice as they were giving it yesterday,

got this from the website re food stops as well

Where are the feeding-stations?
    ‘Kelly Cruise’- There will be 1 feeding station at Cappoquin Community Centre.
    ‘Kelly Legacy’- There will be 1 feeding station on this route in Clonmel at the 55km mark. There will also be a water/fruit stop at the Community Centre in Ballymacarbry in the heart of the breathtaking Nire Valley at 75kms.
    'Kelly Comeragh Challenge’- There will be 2 feeding stations. The first will again be in Clonmel (55kms.) and the second stop of the day will be in the scenic village of Rathgormack (known locally as ‘The Village’) at the 100km mark nestled in the foothills of the mighty Comeragh mountains. Rathgormack Hiking Centre will provide the backdrop for your stop-over. There will also be a water/fruit stop at the Community Centre in Ballymacarbry in the heart of the breathtaking Nire Valley at 75kms and at Kilrossanty Community Hall at 130kms.
    Toilet facilities will be available at all feeding stations.

If you look at the route map the feeding stations are the star on the map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi Eagle, any update on what your plans are yet ?

Advertisement