Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-07-2008, 11:56   #1
Enda89

eircom - NAT Type MEGATHREAD! How to make it NAT 2 or 1?

Hi,

Cutting a long story short... I changed from Perlico to Eircom recently and hooked up the Eircom router last weekend. Since then playing online has become somewhat of a nightmare. Getting into games takes ages and I rarely stay in them for more than a few minutes.

I found the problem there this morning, in the PS3 connection status menu it lists my NAT Type as Type 3 where it was Type 2 before.

How do I configure my new router to get it to type 2 NAT? It's a silver netopia one:

Appreciate the help.

P.S. I've tried setting the routers firewall to Low or else Off completly and this made no change

Last edited by F1ngers; 11-02-2011 at 16:25. Reason: Making a megathread
Advertisement
06-07-2008, 12:25   #2
Plascebo

Enda89, try the link below. I am using the eircom netopia and had my heart broken trying to open ports, get a static ip etc. I followed the instructions on the video and got everything working online and even got NAT1

It didn't work first time, kept getting username/password errors but I just kept repeating it over and over and eventually got it. It is worth a try!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055268262
06-07-2008, 12:33   #3
Enda89

EDIT: never mind I just pasted the topic no. in

watched the youtube vid and.... it worked!!!

cheers, that chap in the video is a legend. I was getting a headache with port forwarding, this chap just does it in 2 mins lol, brill!

Last edited by Enda89; 06-07-2008 at 12:42.
01-10-2008, 13:47   #4
hoekie

Send a message via MSN to hoekie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enda89 View Post
Hi,

Cutting a long story short... I changed from Perlico to Eircom recently and hooked up the Eircom router last weekend. Since then playing online has become somewhat of a nightmare. Getting into games takes ages and I rarely stay in them for more than a few minutes.

I found the problem there this morning, in the PS3 connection status menu it lists my NAT Type as Type 3 where it was Type 2 before.

How do I configure my new router to get it to type 2 NAT? It's a silver netopia one:

Appreciate the help.

P.S. I've tried setting the routers firewall to Low or else Off completly and this made no change
easy to do everyone to change you can even get a nat type 1 with this setting! set up a network connecttion wired or wireless on custom go to the PPPoe and it asks for a user name and password for eircom its broadband 1 and the password is the same broadband 1 and away you go nat type 1!
01-10-2008, 14:39   #5
Stuxnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekie View Post
easy to do everyone to change you can even get a nat type 1 with this setting! set up a network connecttion wired or wireless on custom go to the PPPoe and it asks for a user name and password for eircom its broadband 1 and the password is the same broadband 1 and away you go nat type 1!
it does go back to nat2/3 tho after a while, dont know why, mines does anyway, usually 3
Advertisement
01-10-2008, 14:48   #6
hoekie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBY View Post
it does go back to nat2/3 tho after a while, dont know why, mines does anyway, usually 3
there is another way of getting nat type 2 but you must log into your router
http://192.168.1.254/ and it shows the main ip address that the router uses which is different from your ps3 ip change that to the ps3 ip and it should get you a nat 2 also unp is enabled! ive done this for my brother on perlico though it may differ for eircom! so check out on you tube on how to change from nat3 to nat2! hope i was some help let me know how you get on!
16-01-2009, 20:43   #7
jayoomufc

anyone no password for perlico to get nat type?
19-01-2009, 18:16   #8
hoekie

HOW TO CHANGE NAT TYPE WITH EIRCOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enda89 View Post
Hi,

Appreciate the help.

VERY EASY WITH EIRCOM ALL YOU DO IS GO TO YOUR INTERNEYT CONNECTION SETTINGS AND AND WHEN YOUR SETTING UP YOUR CONNECTION GOTO PPPOE AND USE THE USERNAME EIRCOM@EIRCOM.NET
AND THE PASSWORD IS BROADBAND1 AND YOU GET A NAT TYPE 1 EVEN BETTER THAN TYPE 2 HIT ME BACK IF YOUV'E ANY PROBLEMS
20-01-2009, 13:40   #9
Liam2590

Quote:
VERY EASY WITH EIRCOM ALL YOU DO IS GO TO YOUR INTERNEYT CONNECTION SETTINGS AND AND WHEN YOUR SETTING UP YOUR CONNECTION GOTO PPPOE AND USE THE USERNAME EIRCOM@EIRCOM.NET
AND THE PASSWORD IS BROADBAND1 AND YOU GET A NAT TYPE 1 EVEN BETTER THAN TYPE 2 HIT ME BACK IF YOUV'E ANY PROBLEMS
Everytime I enter these settings it just says 'the attempt to obtain an ip address timed out'. Can anybody help me?
Advertisement
20-01-2009, 16:05   #10
knuth
Subscriber

Make sure your wifi password is correct IF you are connecting via wireless.
22-01-2009, 00:48   #11
jayoomufc

im stuck ineed the PPPoE username n passwordfor perlico has anyone got any idea what it is..
29-01-2009, 21:27   #12
Mmcd

Same happens for me
Does eircom have any other password/username combos?
29-01-2009, 21:30   #13
Jarrath

Why is it when I test my PSP connection setting I get NAT 2 but when I test my PS3 connection I get NAT 3?

All settings are set to automatic... Anyone else noticed this??
30-01-2009, 10:38   #14
finno

Quote:
I done this and got nat type 1 thanks mate
02-02-2009, 11:59   #15
sean11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam2590 View Post
Everytime I enter these settings it just says 'the attempt to obtain an ip address timed out'. Can anybody help me?
I have the very same problem. I cant play matches on FIFA 09 online. This whole NAT TYPE thing is driving me mad!! I've tried all the eircom passwords etc. the Keep it Carlow Video, ports opened and still no joy. All other game I can play fine. And why is it that I can play matches the odd time??!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion