Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom - NAT Type MEGATHREAD! How to make it NAT 2 or 1?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,862 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im sorry to bump this thread but k1nk33 if I could kiss you I would

thanks to you I finally got open nat on my ps3, thanks alot

sorry to rebump this thread but im having a slight problem

I still have open nat but Im getting alot of dns errors when starting up the ps3

I usually turn off the ps3, restart the modem and restart the ps3 and sometimes that works

so as you can see that's a ****ing pain in the hole, this couldnt be right, could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

a year or two ago i used to always get dns errors when i turned on the ps3 but it never affected gaming
    i wouldnt worry about it

actually eircom changed DNS since then, the first one is 83.70.93.244 and the second is what you have as the first
    you could use openDNS either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i spent months, (cloose to a year) searching forums and googling about how to get NAT type 1 or 2 even, no success until i finally came across this on youtube, i have same router too, this should work

guil wrote: »
    a year or two ago i used to always get dns errors when i turned on the ps3 but it never affected gaming
    i wouldnt worry about it

actually eircom changed DNS since then, the first one is 83.70.93.244 and the second is what you have as the first
    you could use openDNS either

that dns doesnt work

• Advertisement

thats the one used on my router anyway

thats the one used on my router anyway

and since iv tried that dns I cant seem to get my old one back

its really pissing me off at the moment

pppoe is a pain in the arse to set up half the time, it fails on obtaining an ip a lot
    just have to keep trying it

Im able to get an ip address but its keeps saying dns server fault

man im really cross about changing my setup in the 1st place

save the settings and restart the ps3 and try sign in

• Advertisement

I thought I got it going but the next time I turned off the ps3 and restarted it

Cant get it going

**** that "83.70.93.244 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Did u try open dns headshot ?

266. Something something . Quick search will throw it up . On my phone now

Here it is . Use for both primary and secondary dns

Never gives me trouble

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Did u try open dns headshot ?

266. Something something . Quick search will throw it up . On my phone now

Here it is . Use for both primary and secondary dns

Never gives me trouble
    the second one is diferent

i suggested he use those but some people wont look anything up themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

the second one is diferent

i suggested he use those but some people wont look anything up themselves

Cool, I prob didn't input a secondary DNS. /lazy

Use those two ip addresses Headshot. Should sort out your problems

I got it sorted last night

I just used automatic dns instead of manual and its been perfect since (touch wood)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dooleygj89

Okay, so I got into my router settings and into NAT, where do I go from here?... I will attach the two pages as a pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

My NAT Type is 2 on my new ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 v3 Router yet Black Ops is telling me i have a moderate nat type. My friend is NAT Type 1 with Open NAT Type. Its a Sunday so I cant get through to eircom support and they are crap anyway so it would be good if somebody could tell me what to do in order to get an open nat type please :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

bump

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DavidMc92

How do you change the NAT Type on PS3 on Eircom, I cant play any games online and it's really annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

DavidMc92 wrote: »
    How do you change the NAT Type on PS3 on Eircom, I cant play any games online and it's really annoying

Here you go;

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone have a full list of ports for black ops, i've used every one i can find online and it's still moderate (ps3 lists it as 2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheDogsBolox

Welll I have been using that broadband1 video and it WORKED like a charm fr the past 7-8 months. about half an hour ago it just suddenly stopped. Telling me it couldnt find an ip address. i even tried eircom as a pppoe user name still nothing. ive tried them both so many times now its not going to work. there must be another way to get nat type 1 because i am not settling for nat type 3
    somebody help me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Welll I have been using that broadband1 video and it WORKED like a charm fr the past 7-8 months. about half an hour ago it just suddenly stopped. Telling me it couldnt find an ip address. i even tried eircom as a pppoe user name still nothing. ive tried them both so many times now its not going to work. there must be another way to get nat type 1 because i am not settling for nat type 3
    somebody help me

Same thing happened me 2 weeks ago, had nat1 for years and suddenly changed to nat 3. The PPoE username and password always failed on the ip address test. I took it to my gfs house to see if it was my ps3 ( Kinda knew it was though cause i could connect nat 3 wirelessly ) and used her router which is the same netopia as mine. It worked at nat 1 immediately.

When i brought my ps3 home and reconnected it , it picked up nat 1 no problem. Cant explain what happened but i was happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

same thing happened me just there now how frustrating..

Advertisement