Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

age old question??? who would win in a fight

Options
  • 06-05-2008 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

ok lads 2 big hero films this year so lets see everyones taughts on this

. who would win in a fight iron man or batman????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

Ah come on now Jiz that's easy...By the time Batman had even fired off 1 of his Boomerang iron man would have annihalated him...Your talkin Slap of a metal head like...Yup or Dat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jiz-fiz

Sudsy86 wrote: »
    Ah come on now Jiz that's easy...By the time Batman had even fired off 1 of his Boomerang iron man would have annihalated him...Your talkin Slap of a metal head like...Yup or Dat...

id agree 100% i hate batman but remember he did beat superman

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Given both are fictional characters whose fate and destiny is determined by a bunch of writers then either could win.

faceman wrote: »
    Given both are fictional characters whose fate and destiny is determined by a bunch of writers then either could win.

ok il rephrase the question.

who in your opinion do you think the writers would choose to win due to there ability batman or iron man???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Iron man obviously.
    id agree 100% i hate batman but remember he did beat superman

He must have cheated by using that stuff Superman is susceptible to. Or thrown sand in his eyes. How could Batman beat Superman? That's like saying who'd win in a fight, a slice of cheese versus a blender.

• Advertisement

Iron man obviously.

He must have cheated by using that stuff Superman is susceptible to. Or thrown sand in his eyes. How could Batman beat Superman? That's like saying who'd win in a fight, a slice of cheese versus a blender.

lets not bring up the question cuz cheese is indestructable cuz it can melt and reform itself the blender dont stand a chance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jiz-fiz wrote: »
    ok il rephrase the question.

who in your opinion do you think the writers would choose to win due to there ability batman or iron man???

hmmmm, probably neither cos they are both very bankable at the moment!!

Then again, look what Freddy vs Jason did to those franchises!

Batman was always my favourite btw.

cheese is indestructable

I totally agree...

But batman beating Superman...Are you sure that wasn't the episode where batman was stook in a dream cause i couldn't believe it other wise...Come on like...

I totally agree...

But batman beating Superman...Are you sure that wasn't the episode where batman was stook in a dream cause i couldn't believe it other wise...Come on like...

no its true . obviously he used kryptonite and in the paticular instance where he beat him superman turned bad. they were crimefighting partners for a while before this

I still thing regardless of Batmans Sneakyness Ironman would still win do...Come on like He could turn one of Batmans toys into a weapon of mass destruction by lookin at it...When it comes to being able to blow **** up ironman takes the cake...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sigh....

Batman defeated Superman in the Millar Graphic Novel, "The Dark Knight Returns".

There is a perception amongst DC fans that Batman will win any fight because "hes smartR than every1 and he wud always hav a plan".

In reality, Batman's intelligence is part of his character, and letting him be outsmarted often would damage the character (a big no no for a comic company.)

Logically, if Batman was unprepared, Tony'd HAMMER him. the latest Iron man armour is supposed to lift nearly 100 tonnes over its head (class 100, as they call it in marvel.)

If he was prepared, batman would no doubt make an iron bat suit or some such (like the dark knight returns!) and win.

A far more interesting fight would be batman V wolverine... calculation vs beserker fury.

[/nerd]

SDooM wrote: »
    Sigh....

Batman defeated Superman in the Millar Graphic Novel, "The Dark Knight Returns".

There is a perception amongst DC fans that Batman will win any fight because "hes smartR than every1 and he wud always hav a plan".

In reality, Batman's intelligence is part of his character, and letting him be outsmarted often would damage the character (a big no no for a comic company.)

Logically, if Batman was unprepared, Tony'd HAMMER him. the latest Iron man armour is supposed to lift nearly 100 tonnes over its head (class 100, as they call it in marvel.)

If he was prepared, batman would no doubt make an iron bat suit or some such (like the dark knight returns!) and win.

A far more interesting fight would be batman V wolverine... calculation vs beserker fury.

[/nerd]

wasnt tony stark voted one of the smartest wealthiest men in fictional history?

Leaving out the whole writer stuff...I wanna know who Sdoom would pick...Who would ya like to win???...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

wasnt tony stark voted one of the smartest wealthiest men in fictional history?

Yes, but so was Bruce Wayne. :) they're virtually the same character, save that Bruce PRETENDS to be a wealthy playboy, whereas Stark actually is.
    Leaving out the whole writer stuff...I wanna know who Sdoom would pick...Who would ya like to win???...

I actually said- you can't just say "who would win." If Batman's uprepared, he's brown bread. Otherwise, he'd win.

EDIT: I can't believe Im actually having this conversation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

Batman would obviously win... Iron man has one suit to play with, whereas Batman has a load of different things, like a car, boat, utility belt, bike and whatever else he can come up with.

spoon wrote: »
    Batman would obviously win... Iron man has one suit to play with, whereas Batman has a load of different things, like a car, boat, utility belt, bike and whatever else he can come up with.

ok thats just ludicrous . iron man has a suit that flys and has way more gadgets that are alot more powerful that batmans "belt" and why on earth would u need a car or boat when u can fly at fighter jet speed. tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Batman always wins. Always.

scalded...Absolutely scalded...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

ok thats just ludicrous . iron man has a suit that flys and has way more gadgets that are alot more powerful that batmans "belt" and why on earth would u need a car or boat when u can fly at fighter jet speed. tut tut

i'm guessing the technology for the Batmobile/Batplane is just advanced as what's in the suit. The only way iron man would beat Batman was if he wasn't ready for him.

spoon wrote: »
    i'm guessing the technology for the Batmobile/Batplane is just advanced as what's in the suit. The only way iron man would beat Batman was if he wasn't ready for him.

iron man is the only guy who is powered by a nucleur chest . i doubt the batmobile has that power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*sigh* if you're gonna do a thread about who would win in a fight in the film forum, at least pick characters who are primarily film characters and not comic book characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    *sigh* if you're gonna do a thread about who would win in a fight in the film forum, at least pick characters who are primarily film characters and not comic book characters.

Ok then - Blitzkrieg or Monkeyfudge?

Oh wait...

u do realize they are in films yeah 2 of the biggest films of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

yes but they are still based on comics and the comic nerds will come from the comics forum and start pointing out how illogical the whole thing is given one is from Marvel and other DC and the chances of them ever having a fight is zip..........not that I'm one of the comic nerds

ztoical wrote: »
    yes but they are still based on comics and the comic nerds will come from the comics forum and start pointing out how illogical the whole thing is given one is from Marvel and other DC and the chances of them ever having a fight is zip..........not that I'm one of the comic nerds

arent all films based on a story whether its comics or true life or anything like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I believe Mr. Kreig knows... I agree with him though. People are going to start using some comic book references rather than using information from the films.

This thread will be best served by moving it to Comics.

PS Iron Man ftw!

cus Batman is smarter. Iron man is all about the tech but Batman is physically at the peak of human ability in dozens of areas, notably martial arts, acrobatics, strength, and escape artistry. Rather than simply outfighting his opponents, Batman would just use cunning and planning to outwit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

the hulk would squash batman and iron man.Imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Aw c'mon, what about the Incredible Hulk? He has a movie out this year too y'know. Does he not get to join in this fight? Is it because he is green? Racist:D

• Advertisement

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Aw c'mon, what about the Incredible Hulk? He has a movie out this year too y'know. Does he not get to join in this fight? Is it because he is green? Racist:D

we can add Hellboy as well then

Advertisement