Anyway, having a read of this I was suprised to read the last bullet, see below.
DOMS can be prevented by:
- Performing a thorough warm up and cool down
- Stretching after exercise
- When starting a new weight lifting routine start with lightweights and high reps (10-12) and gradually increase the amount you lift over several weeks
- Avoid making sudden major changes in the type and amount of exercise you do
- A recent study found that caffeine (equal to 2 cups of brewed coffee) could produce a large reduction in pain resulting from DOMS
Thoughts? I had a Starbucks earlier but still hobbiling around in agony.