View Poll Results: How many Prints will be submitted?
I will be submitting a print. 4 80.00%
I may be submitting a print. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

18-10-2007, 13:38   #1
Calina

the boards.ie photography exhibition wild plan I had

I was thinking more about this today.

I have set up a flickr group called boards exhibition. I was going to suggest that anyone who was interested could sign up and submit one photograph to the group and that we might use this pool as a demo idea of what kind of photographs are covered by the group. Someone suggested that local authorities occasionally have funding for this sort of thing and I think it might be possible to write a reasonable proposal to the arts officers perhaps to highlight the social and community building aspects of loose groupings like these.

One thing I would insist on is that each person interest only submits ONE photograph. One only. I'll leave it around as an idea for a few weeks while I start drafting funding requests and also identify potential locations and targets of this.

If you're not on flickr but are on pix.ie let me know and I'll see about making a tag. I don't think groups are set up there yet. What I could subsequently do if pictures are split across the two sites is host the final full selection on one of my own sites of which I have more than one anyway.

Last edited by Calina; 18-10-2007 at 13:40. Reason: forgot something.
Advertisement
18-10-2007, 13:55   #2
Paulw

Sounds like a very interesting plan.

But, maybe you should pick a topic - landscape, wildlife, people or something, otherwise, due to the very diverse nature of the photography here, you could have a very very mixed set of photos. A theme might be better.
18-10-2007, 14:09   #3

Nice idea. I agree that having set themes would also be good.
18-10-2007, 14:10   #4
City-Exile

Calina has her parachute-skateboarding-on-water thingy, I have the football, you have the rugby, Paulw, and others have gigs etc. Would having a specific theme reduce the chance of certain people being able to display what they believe to be their best work?
18-10-2007, 14:12   #5

You see, this is how a good idea gets hard to organise - lol.
Advertisement
18-10-2007, 14:14   #6
Paulw

I have what??? LOL. Yeah, right.

You could see some people on here have stunning work, in their specific area - Danny and his wildlife, city-exile and sport (soccer mostly), calina and kite-surfing, Julie and macro, etc etc.

This place is just full of really brilliant talent, there's no doubt about that at all. But, I do think some theme might just glue the exhibition together, rather than just a collection of boards photographs.
18-10-2007, 14:15   #7
City-Exile

Come back to us when you have a theme, Paulw.
18-10-2007, 14:20   #8

I'd be for diversity and no set theme myself.

Great idea.

I'd be one of those on Pixie and not on Flickr also.

Why not set up a user on Pixie (if Marcus agrees) and we PM you on Boards for the password to upload a shot?

T.
18-10-2007, 14:26   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covey View Post
I'd be for diversity and no set theme myself.
There we have it!! The theme is: Diversity.
Advertisement
18-10-2007, 14:31   #10
Third_Echelon

Sounds like a good idea, but for this type of thing, I think a certain theme might be a bit restrictive... As mentioned, everyone has their own certain area that they are interested in, and that's what makes good pictures on this forum...

If perhaps there could be a theme that is pretty generic that could span across all these areas then that might work.... But coming up with that theme is another thing
18-10-2007, 14:38   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
There we have it!! The theme is: Diversity.
Busy at work over there?
18-10-2007, 14:47   #12
Rojo

I think a theme would be great... even better if people go out and take a photo for the exhib because it'd be fresh!
18-10-2007, 14:58   #13
City-Exile

The exhibition could be "Boards Eye View" (boards.ie view) & the theme could be anything linked to this forum. A picture taken on a boards meet, a pitcure inspired by advice from other forum members or even a picture taken of forum members.
18-10-2007, 15:01   #14
magicbastarder

how about a picture which must feature a picture taken by another boards member somewhere in the frame?
the possibilities for infinite regress would be great.
18-10-2007, 15:09   #15
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

Love the idea, I'd like to do a showcase of the talent here ideally. So here are several easy ideas (I think).

1. Lots of different themes and let people put more then one photo up (why limit it to one photo each and miss out on a lot of great photos!)

2. One set for each user and let them display their best work.

3. Move the monthly Challenges there and widen the voting on it to all of boards.

I would love to do a physical exhibition too but I dont know anywhere that would allow us to and thats a lot more work!

For any costs in any of the above, Boards will pick up the tab.

DeV.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion