Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Episodes

Options
  • 25-09-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

I was in the x-files thread and i was thinking about perfect episodes most shows that get a good run have somewhere a perfect episode that is so good you remember it long after you have watched it.

I thought season 3 episode 4 of battle star called "Exodus Part II" was a perfect episode. Ive been trying to think of other shows but my mind is completely blank.

Anyone else able to think of perfect episodes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alias S02E13 (Phase 1) - SD-6 takedown, Syd & Vaughn, Evil Francie. Excellent. The pinnacle of Alias.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

'Pine Barrens' episode of The Sopranos. Pauly is just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Buffy, season 6 - The Body. Amazing stuff, could watch it over and over again other than the fact that its pretty emotional stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MuiriosaB wrote:
    Buffy, season 6 - The Body. Amazing stuff, could watch it over and over again other than the fact that its pretty emotional stuff.

This is a horrible piece of television. Brilliant but horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Every episode of the Wire! :D

More specifically in season 1,the short scene when
    Greggs is shot. A lot of shows to stories where a lead character is shot,especially cop shows. But this one was amazing,probably because by then the characters were known to me and the tune at the end credits of the Wire fit brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmmmm...

DS9 - "In the Pale Moonlight".
    Lots of others too but Avery Brooks (Sisko) really carries this one I think.

Enterprise - "In A Mirror, Darkly".
    The ONLY 2 episodes of this show I actually like (probably because the actors aren't playing the usual boring/wooden characters).
    Bonus points for the title sequence.

BSG - "Pegasus", and the two-parter that immediately follows.
    The music in these episodes (especially the track "Prelude to War") is great too

Scrubs - Don't know the name, but the one where Dr Cox's best friend Ben returns and the twist at the end.

X-Files - "Musings Of a Cigarette Smoking Man". Best episode of the show?

Simpsons - Complete rubbish for the last 6/7 years, but "You only move twice" (Homer joins the Globex corporation with it's charismatic CEO, Hank Scorpio, who turns out to be a pseudo-Bond super villain!) is brilliant!

.. and more I'll no doubt remember AFTER I hit the submit button :)

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Scrubs - Don't know the name, but the one where Dr Cox's best friend Ben returns and the twist at the end.
    Great choice... that was S03 E14 (My Screw Up). Brilliant episode....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The Shield - S02 E02 "Dead Soldiers". That beating at the end was the most perfect 5 minutes of television ever. The music was perfect and it was so violent for a tv show, definitely my favorite episode of the shield,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'll always love the very last episode of Quantum Leap (still brings a tear to my eye :( ) and also the last episode of Star Trek: TNG. It's funny how their best episodes are their last.

Actually, now that I think about it, I also really love the last Buffy and Angel episodes. Hmmm, maybe I only really like last episodes... They probably stick in my mind as they're the last remnents of shows I loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

some good episodes mentioned, Buffy i dont know the name but the best episode by far is the one where buffly almost gets killed by a regular vampire and then talks to spike and he tells her his story. Fantastic episode 10/10.

The sopranos episode where they are in the woods in the snow trying to kill a russian.

Star Trek - TOS - Balence of Terror
    TNG - Yesterdays Enterprise
    DS9 - The Die is the Cast
    VOY - Year Of Hell
    ENT - As mentioned In a Mirror Darkley is a good episode but i thought Anzati Prime and Twilight. i only know so many ENT because it watched it recently.

And heroes season 1: Five Years Gone

Thats all that poped into my head during lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

My So-Called Life, series 1 (there wasn't a series 2 unfortunately). Episode: "Weekend".

The parents get a loan of a pair of handcuffs, so as to spice up their sex life, but then forget them when heading off for a couples' weekend.

The kids, left behind in the house over the weekend, discover the handcuffs. One of them handcuffs herself to the parents' bed for the laugh, only to discover that the key is missing.

Of course Mother has accidentally taken the key with her while heading off for the weekend...

Pure class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I was just going to post the same episode, sheer class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The second last episode of series four of the Wire is uamazing. Anyone who does not have a tear in the eye when Randy shouts
    You going to look out for me at a heartbroken Carver has a hard heart and of course Bubbles loses his companion due to him swallowing stuff that was meant for Bubble enemy kills me. Heartbreaking stuff indeed

i didnt know the name of the episode utill i did a search but ye pine barnes, a few people in my work agree it is the best episode of sopranos ever and i think you are right is is one of the best episodes of telivison.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

take a pick of any episode of the simpsons between season 3 and season 8.

i thought season 6 was the first time they had a sing episode where it was just 20 mins of them singing and snake kept robing them cause the window was open or some such

Rjd2 wrote:
    The second last episode of series four of the Wire is uamazing. Anyone who does not have a tear in the eye when Randy shouts
    You going to look out for me at a heartbroken Carver has a hard heart and of course Bubbles loses his companion due to him swallowing stuff that was meant for Bubble enemy kills me. Heartbreaking stuff indeed

Ye that was a great scene,everyone of those kids were great actors. In the last episode as well when you see their names spray painted on the wall.
    looking back at how they started and now how they were all consumed by the street or the system with the unlikely exception of Namond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

The episode of Desperate Housewives in which there is a supermarket siege. A season 3 episode. I'm pretty sure it's entitled "Bang". I actually cried at the end, and I never cry at TV :eek:

As mentioned above, every episode of The Wire. Rome is also excellent. Loved every episode and I personally can't fault any of them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Some good 'uns from shows with a few seasons under their belt:

Buffy - "Hush" (a better example of a good Buffy episode than "The Body" which is more removed from the world of Buffy)

Curb Your Enthusiasm - "The Doll"

DS9 - "Trials and Tribillations"

Millennium - "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time is Now" for bringing in the kick ass apocalypse (shamefully retconned in the next season)

Stargate: SG-1 - "Forever in a Day"

The X-Files: "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man" or "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"

The Wire: Every episode. I think we need a new posting rule/law like Godwin's Law except we'll call it Omar's Law whereby every thread about good television on boards will inevitably end with myself, tvnutz, nialler24 and others going on about how 'The Wire' is the most perfect show :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Scrubs-My Musical
    perfect

Im glad to see im not the only person who is a big fan of musing of a ciggerate smoking man, i must actually watch it again, get a few people who havent seen it

I'm not a huge CYE fan, but I saw the Doll a few weeks ago on Channel 6 and I laughed alot.... very funny episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

TmB wrote:
    I'm not a huge CYE fan, but I saw the Doll a few weeks ago on Channel 6 and I laughed alot.... very funny episode.
    Brilliant episode :D

Seinfeld, The Spit. Think it's season 3 or 4, hilarious.

Also DarkPlace, the first episode.

The Office, Comic Relief episode.

The Mighty Boosh, The Nightmare of Milky Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TmB wrote:
    Alias S02E13 (Phase 1) - SD-6 takedown, Syd & Vaughn, Evil Francie. Excellent. The pinnacle of Alias.
    Agreed and...
    Daddio wrote:
    Seinfeld, The Spit. Think it's season 3 or 4, hilarious.
    "Back.. and to the left!" :D
    Agreed.. when he loses his shoe in the snow... Christ, i'm still laughing at it now!

Trying to think of some of my personal favourites and.. i'm coming up blank!

The only one that comes to mind is an episode of 'Freaks And Geeks' called 'The Garage Door'. Every episode is perfect but this was more memorable as the first one i ever saw and ends perfectly with practically Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Free Bird' in it's entirety! :eek:

Oh.. and the final episode of 'Undeclared' (Eric's POV) is probably the funniest episode of the excellent series. Memorable just due to Jason Segal's excellent performance,

PS - yeah, i'm on an Apatow binge as of late!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Can't believe nobody has mentioned that last episode of Season Two of The West Wing, "Two Cathedrals"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Can't believe nobody has mentioned that last episode of Season Two of The West Wing, "Two Cathedrals"

Indeed sir quite an oversight. But then there is so many fantastic epiosdes to pick from that glorious series.

Some of my favourites are:"Let Bartlet Be Bartlet"
    (the turning point for the administration in the 1st series)
    "Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail"
    (Big Block of Cheese Day number 2)
    "The Stackhouse Filibuster"
    (about a 22 hour filibuster from a senator with an autistic grandchild)
    "17 People"
    (where Toby finds out about Bartlett's MS)
    and
    "Twenty Five"
    (where John Goodman temoparily takes over as President after Zoey Bartletts abduction)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My bad - I was going to. It deserves it for the brilliant tribute to Ms. Laningham but even more so for that monologue. You know the one I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Rjd2 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. That scene in the hospital was heartbreaking. God I love that show so much.

• Advertisement

I know the same few bring up the wire,but when I hear the word perfect when talking about a tv show,the wire is there right away.

I also have to say the West Wing was another brilliant show. Top quality,especially the early years and while I think it lost it a bit in its final seasons it was still top quality tv.

My bebo flashbox is currently this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4C3Wlp1lM

It was funny as well as clever!

Advertisement