Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-09-2007, 13:53   #1
Bluefrog

Send a message via Yahoo to Bluefrog Send a message via Skype™ to Bluefrog
Current Status of X-Series & Unlimited Broadband on 3

I'm trying to get a sense of the current state of the X-Series and unlimited broadband services on Three at the moment. Specifically I would be greatful if people could tell me the following.

1. Which addon are you using - unlimited broadband or X-Series?
2. Do you have unresticted access to all websites (tinytube included)?
3. Do you have full access to real streams and are you experiencing cut-outs?
4. Does Orb work for you - please detial which services function if any?
5. Do third party apps work for you - skype, voipbuster sms sender, gmail etc. If so, which ones?

Awaiting your responses with interest.
Advertisement
09-09-2007, 15:29   #2
Cyrus

i have the 250mb add on on pay monthly

only apps that make use are opera mini and system 7 push email

opera mini works

system seven doesnt!

and i really need it, rather move to voda or o2 so i can get a sim that would allow me use blackberry connect
09-09-2007, 21:00   #3
quintron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefrog
I'm trying to get a sense of the current state of the X-Series and unlimited broadband services on Three at the moment. Specifically I would be greatful if people could tell me the following.

5. Do third party apps work for you - skype, voipbuster sms sender, gmail etc. If so, which ones?

1- unlimited broadband 100MB bundle (POSTPAY)
2- it would be best to post a list of sites people have problems with in this thread so others can test them. tinytube does not work. "This web page is unavailable to view"
3- never used real streams, again links here would be useful in this one thread if op could slot some in for testing in main post, I’ll try them (or anyone else in a subsequent post).
4- don't use it at present.
5- Most 3rd pary apps work e.g. Gmail, Worldmate, Resco News, Vox
Others do not, namely Fring which used to work fine for me before.

Sorry I cannot be of more help as this thread is useful to report the current status of 3's "unlimited" offering and these latest ridiculous limitations everyone is experiencing. If everyone can put up the links, apps, etc that are problematic I will gladly test them in my browser.

Its obvious they have recently blocked ports and its not on frankly.

If they were blocked from day 1 that would be in breach of their unlimited offering (in a way similar to Vodafones current blocking on their 50MB daily allowance for 99c, but then again they never claimed it was "unlimited"!) BUT to have had access to sites and apps (like Fring) and then have that taken away, well thats just a kick in the head and unfortunately for 3, everyone has noticed. Just look at the amount of 3 issues in recent posts. Not on.

Last edited by quintron; 10-09-2007 at 11:44.
09-09-2007, 22:25   #4
tdkeaveny

1. X-Series silver 14.99 a month
2. none that i notised before, but tinytube did not work. got a 3 page saying i could not be accsessed
3. radio streams seem to wor (bbc ones)
4. sorry never tried
5. only ones i have working are opera (but very slow on conecting), im+ skype (uses my skype out min when poeple call me.

ps. please help me out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055148134
10-09-2007, 11:30   #5
WezzyB

1. Which addon are you using? unlimited broadband
No certain sites blocked for no good reason, i.e. dailymotion.com
No, tried both rte and bbc, works fine on wifi
Haven't tried it
No, just on wifi
Advertisement
10-09-2007, 12:08   #6
Terrontress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefrog

1) X-Series Gold
2) No! Tinytube is blocked. I get the same "unavailable" page as if I were to try to access an adult site. Even very tame adult websites such as FHM magazine which is available in every newsagent in Ireland.
3) Access through bbcradio.mobi. Cuts out between 1 and 5 minutes
4) Have been having trouble at my side so uninstalled it from PC.
5) AFT, Gmail work fine. Opera Mini worked on broadband unlimited but not on X-Series. MSN messenger is very slow.
10-09-2007, 12:48   #7
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
1. Which addon are you using - unlimited broadband or X-Series?100MB
2. Do you have unresticted access to all websites (tinytube included)?Can access tinytube, not sure what it is though? I couldn't access dailymotion though
3. Do you have full access to real streams and are you experiencing cut-outs?BBC streams appear to be working perfectly fine
4. Does Orb work for you - please detial which services function if any?Not tried it
5. Do third party apps work for you - skype, voipbuster sms sender, gmail etc. If so, which ones? Fring - No, Gmail - OK
10-09-2007, 13:31   #8
scary

1. Which addon are you using - unlimited broadband or X-Series? Unlimited
2. Do you have unresticted access to all websites (tinytube included)?Can access tinytube and no issues acessing other sites aswell
3. Do you have full access to real streams and are you experiencing cut-outs?I stream through windows media on my smartphone and can access bbcradio.mobi with no issues
4. Does Orb work for you - please detial which services function if any?Not tried it
5. Do third party apps work for you - skype, voipbuster sms sender, gmail etc. If so, which ones? cant access gmail through pop, resco radio, slingbox or octrotalk, not tried anything else.

My brother didn't have at data add on and i could access the above using his sim card, he since has upgraded to unlimited and is experiencing the same issues as alot of us.

Corm
10-09-2007, 16:52   #9
quintron

Cannot access bbcradio.mobi through real player at all!
Advertisement
12-09-2007, 11:33   #10
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintron
Cannot access bbcradio.mobi through real player at all!
Yesterday it was working perfectly for me, today the streams keep on cutting out after about 3 minutes.
12-09-2007, 15:22   #11
Terrontress

Yeah, after several good reports I decided to try it again after I had abandoned it.

Of course it cut me off after 3-5 minutes. Just as BBC Radio LDN was getting interesting!
12-09-2007, 17:24   #12
Bluefrog

Send a message via Yahoo to Bluefrog Send a message via Skype™ to Bluefrog
Google "X-Series Ireland"

I note that this thread is now the fifth link on Google if you search for "X-Series Ireland".

I would urge all of you to link to this page in any comments you make elsewhere on line to get us to the top position. The more links we have into the page the higher the ranking on Google.

I am convinced that if we raise the profile of these issues then we will start getting some reasonable response from Three.
12-09-2007, 22:51   #13
postie

1. Which addon are you using - unlimited broadband Pay monthly
2. Do you have unresticted access to all websites - No
3. Do you have full access to real streams - No access whatsoever-perfect on phones WiFi
4. Does Orb work for you - NA
5. Do third party apps work for you - skype-no, voipbuster-no, Fring-no, gmail-yes, VOIP-no, Skype-No but may be a WM6 Problem, Opera-mostly
POP3 email doesn't work either on most common smtp's

Last edited by postie; 13-09-2007 at 08:14.
13-09-2007, 09:30   #14
Damo2k

1. Which addon are you using - Pay as you go - 100MB addon
2. Do you have unresticted access to all websites - Yes
3. Do you have full access to real streams - Yes
4. Does Orb work for you - Dont have it, I flashed unbrabded firmware, so the Orb icon is gone of the phone.
5. Do third party apps work for you - These all work, Msn, MGTalk, Wireless IRC, Opera, PuTTY-Symbian, Gmail and any other Application I have tried that requires internet access.

Seems that the pre pay has better iternet access than the bill pay.
13-09-2007, 11:53   #15
quintron

^^ Question for Damo2k above, have you listened to a streaming show continously for more than 10 minutes?
Does Fring work on your handset?
I don't think anyone has issues with Gmail et al, but Fring and a couple of other apps are fried.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion