Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ telethon - 3D movies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

bonerm wrote: »
    Did you get that from the Irish Times archive? I don't have access myself but I think if you have access the answer might be on page 27 of Saturday October 29th 1988 edition under "Television Highlights"

No old fashioned went into the library and got a microfiche

Tables in boards do I just put [ TABLE ] [ / TABLE ] around what I have because it wasn't working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Elmo wrote: »
    No old fashioned went into the library and got a microfiche

Fair play.

I'd get the Irish Times archive myself if it was reasonably priced , but it's not worth €400 a year to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoc2

I seem to remember a 3D experiment on RTE, might have been during a People in Need telethon. It involved Gerry Ryan running around in an orange jump suit ? Remember thinking the 3D effect was not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ruadhri44

I do remember in about Halloween 1987 or 1988. RTE did show a number of 3D films and made a big deal about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MrFoorery

ruadhri44 wrote: »
    I do remember in about Halloween 1987 or 1988. RTE did show a number of 3D films and made a big deal about it.

Yeah, I remember that Halloween. A lot of those films were in black & white, if I remember correctly. I definitely remember a Three Stooges 3D film & watching it using the 3D glasses we got in the RTE Guide. Ever since then, I always kept an eye out for RTE to do something similar, but they never have.

It's also kinda weird that it was so long ago now & quite low tech compared to the 3D films in the cinemas recently. Good times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i remenber this ,

you had to be in a dark room and of course the sun was splitting the stones. we had pillows in the windows to try and keep the sun out.

i think it was 3 films.

one on during the day. not sure what film it was.

one had some sort of magician in it.

thing the last one might have been a horror

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

irishgeo wrote: »
    i remenber this ,

you had to be in a dark room and of course the sun was splitting the stones. we had pillows in the windows to try and keep the sun out.

i think it was 3 films.

one on during the day. not sure what film it was.

one had some sort of magician in it.

thing the last one might have been a horror

In October?

Advertisement