Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint and Indesit washing machine recall

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Quinnie

Did you try 0044818903281 ? It might work maybe ?

Yes - on numerous occasions. I get an engaged tone

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Has anyone got any information back from Hotpoint regarding the next step of the recall process?

Had a letter from whirlpool today, apology letter along with some stickers to put on the machine to remind me to use the cold cycle only.

No details on when they are starting the replacement roll out...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Had a letter from whirlpool today, apology letter along with some stickers to put on the machine to remind me to use the cold cycle only.

I dont get the 'use the cold cycle only' anolgy if the problems is that the electric door catch catches fire on the affected machines ?!? :confused:

what would be the connection of using the machine on cold fill and the door switch catching fire due to the thin contacts they have used in it?

Better they sent you stickers that said "Unplug this machine and do not use it!'

On Friday last, after many unsuccessful attempts at calling the so-called helpline, I again tried the Irish number and he advised me to use the online chat helpline on the Hotpoint web page. After a 10 minute wait, the rep I spoke to wasn't very informative only to say that they have started sending emails out, but don't have a specific time frame for customers. She stated that "we will be in touch very soon via email to invite you to select a date for us to deliver your free replacement washing machine"

I must say that I am so disappointed with the entire Hotpoint /Whirlpool customer service.

• Advertisement

Got an email from Whirlpool this morning....
    Dear Mr Manly Man (not my real name ;)),
    Thank you for registering your product as part of this recall with us.

We are working directly with partners in Ireland in order to arrange a replacement for your machine. They will contact you directly within the next couple of weeks in order to process this at a convenient time for you.

Kind regards,

The Whirlpool Customer Service Team

Quinnie wrote: »
    On Friday last, after many unsuccessful attempts at calling the so-called helpline, I again tried the Irish number and he advised me to use the online chat helpline on the Hotpoint web page. After a 10 minute wait, the rep I spoke to wasn't very informative only to say that they have started sending emails out, but don't have a specific time frame for customers. She stated that "we will be in touch very soon via email to invite you to select a date for us to deliver your free replacement washing machine"

I must say that I am so disappointed with the entire Hotpoint /Whirlpool customer service.

you may be disappointed ... but your getting a brand new washing machine replacement for free!

thats pretty good service considering many other manufacturers might have just replaced the faulty door switch that catches fire and not the whole machine ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I tried Whirlpool a number of times on Facebook and each agent I tried put me onto someone else. My chat with whirlpool is literally me giving my details to whirlpool a number of times.. I just give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

job seeker wrote: »
    I tried Whirlpool a number of times on Facebook and each agent I tried put me onto someone else. My chat with whirlpool is literally me giving my details to whirlpool a number of times.. I just give up!

Just go to their webpage and register your details there.

https://washingmachinerecall.whirlpool.ie/home?method=initRegistration&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

salonfire wrote: »
    Just go to their webpage and register your details there.

https://washingmachinerecall.whirlpool.ie/home?method=initRegistration&lang=en

Already did! Thanks though..
    job seeker wrote: »
    Just checked the parents washing machine there and it says at the Confirmation section of the process, that it’s not affected by the product safety issue.

Also when I was checking the code it had an extra “.M” on the end of the code I have. I got that code from inside the door! Not sure if I should chase this up or just leave it...

• Advertisement

you may be disappointed ... but your getting a brand new washing machine replacement for free!

thats pretty good service considering many other manufacturers might have just replaced the faulty door switch that catches fire and not the whole machine ..

To be honest, I would would be very happy with the door switch and a prompt service and a working washing machine!
    A 20 degree wash is not very practical. Launderette bills are mounting up.

Quinnie wrote: »
    To be honest, I would would be very happy with the door switch and a prompt service and a working washing machine!
    A 20 degree wash is not very practical. Launderette bills are mounting up.

20 degree wash? - whats all that about, must have missed something. a 20c wash will not stop the thin contacts of a door switch shorting out and catching fire regardless - i'm a bit miffed

Got a call from Powercity, saying they are acting on behalf of Whirlpool.

Should have my replacement machine by middle of next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

We got our call too - (nearly) like for like model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pjmn

Same thing happened when the dryers were recalled, but the service is great once the pressure on the site and helpline ease..

... service is great??? our dryer was subject of a recall late last July, got the replacement early January - worst service on the planet! a nightmare to deal with...

Due to be delivered and installed tomorrow morning...

Due to be delivered and installed tomorrow morning...

Very good. I still have heard nothing.:mad:

New machine was delivered and installed yesterday morning, bit of an upgrade to a A+++ machine which is nice....HOTPOINT NSWR 743U WK UK

I had looked at the old machine door switch that had been replaced previously, (same part number on replacement part), showing some signs of heat damage, sleeves of spade connectors had melted a bit, heat discolouring on the actual spade connector, so I would say it was only a matter of time before that switch could fail in the same way...

New machine was delivered and installed yesterday morning, bit of an upgrade to a A+++ machine which is nice....HOTPOINT NSWR 743U WK UK

I had looked at the old machine door switch that had been replaced previously, (same part number on replacement part), showing some signs of heat damage, sleeves of spade connectors had melted a bit, heat discolouring on the actual spade connector, so I would say it was only a matter of time before that switch could fail in the same way...

Good stuff! I hope you have many years of happy washing!! I did get the email yesterday from the Whirlpool customer service team. I had to choose location from a drop down menu, but the replacement machine offered is out of stock in every single county. They have indicated an approximate two week delay.

thats good - not a bad machine . about €380 to buy in currys at the moment.
    good luck with it.

• Advertisement

Well, how is everyone getting on with the replacements? Still no joy for me in getting a replacement. I've had numerous emails since 12th Feb. from Whirlpool, where I enter my reference number and postal code, and then get a reply saying "Delivering a recall of this scale is complex and a model that is the same colour as your existing model is currently out of stock and is expected to be available for you in approximately 2 weeks time.

We will send a further update to you to confirm that your replacement is now available to order and for you to select an appropriate date for this replacement to be delivered. If you would prefer not to wait for a replacement and instead would like us to arrange for one of our trained service engineers to repair your machine then please call us on 0800 316 1442.
    We apologise sincerely for the inconvenience and concern this will cause."
    Then, low and behold, on Monday last, I find a scrap of paper on the floor that had been put in the letterbox on the previous Friday evening, a hand written note, asking me to call this guy. When I called the number, I discovered that it was the machine delivery guy.Apparently, the local shop tasked with distributing the replacement machines were not given any contact details for the customers. The delivery guy could not give a commitment of when he would be back in the area. --- It might be Wednesday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

NSWM743UGG is what I got today, I thought they would have stopped with all the corona virus, but anyway lad was in and out in 5 minutes

billbond4 wrote: »
    NSWM743UGG is what I got today, I thought they would have stopped with all the corona virus, but anyway lad was in and out in 5 minutes

The only issue I've had so far with this 743 machine was water leaking from drawer.

If you have the small measuring piece in the drawer, it leaves an opening (it's a slot that you can store that piece) , the water can leak through when machine is filling.

billbond4 wrote: »

glad about you finally got the washing machine. I would have issues about a stranger coming to the house:

Did he wear a mask , did you wear a mask? did he touch any surfaces or door handles without any gloves on or hand sanitiser? - did he have gloves on ? - hope you did not shake his hand

has he been near anyone with Covid or Covid symptoms? - how can you be sure he hadnt been abroad to spain or Italy or other place in the last 14 days .. how could he be sure you are not carrying symptoms or Covid itself - did you keep 2 meters away at all times? - could he have brought covid into your house on his shoes or clothing?

5 minutes, 5 seconds , 5 milliseconds ,5 hours it doesn't matter - the spread of Covid has no designated time limits unfortunately

are you totally well - no coughs/colds/low immune system , underlying health issues, no breathing issues?

I know you most probably glad of getting your machine today , but would it might have been a little bit maybe better to wait a bit longer / ask to call back another time/later date - or am I just being a tad bit OTT here?

Advertisement