Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

I'd say yes. Every other voting option is better even Fianna Fail and I think they should be made an illegal organisation based on past actions.

You're living down to my expectations, Matt! Imagine endorsing a vote for the likes of the Healy Raes or Shane Ross!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

171170 wrote: »
    Correct.

Mad Dog McDowell was really enjoying being Tanaiste and Minister for Justice so, when the minor issue of Bertie's dodgy dig-outs cropped up, he completely copped out. Talked big, but when the opportunity came for him to show the Irish electorate that the Pee Dees genuinely stood for a different sort of politics, he was found lacking. I was delighted by his hissy fit when he lost his seat in the subsequent election!

I was hoping they would walk. Hoped they would be a catalyst for change in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

please, the internet isnt big enough to contain the list of useless sods in FG or the others for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Peter Casey can barely string a sentence together, fair play to him for being a successful business man but he’s not a politician.

Who cares. Trump can hardly string two words together and he's done wonders for Americans. Politicians all talk a good game that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,841 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Who cares. Trump can hardly string two words together and he's done wonders for Americans. Politicians all talk a good game that's the problem.

casey cant string two sentences together, but obviously did ok for himself in his personal life?... Now lets take a look at a smooth talker, who will we pick? how about king spoofer himself? Varadkar, that joke, that joke is the reason that I doubt many people care for these wafflers anymore, an expert on every ministry but his own! But yeah, lets get more spoofers in, exactly what the country needs :rolleyes:

given that varadkar had the answer to everything, how is it even conceivable that during a boom , with very low official unemployment, that they are in danger of playing second fiddle to the other unstoppable joke of a force in irish politics, FF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭zephyro

Idbatterim wrote: »
    These rats take nearly one hundred k a year from me in taxes, through my business and personal taxes.

If this is true, why don't you just change your tax residence to somewhere with less ridiculous taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

zephyro wrote: »
    If this is true, why don't you just change your tax residence to somewhere with less ridiculous taxes?
    Some crazy folk think there may be something worth staying here and fighting for. Hoping that one day we can remove corruption to almost zero levels and have a lot more transparency hopefully leading to a reduction in taxes. But as I said, that's just some crazy folks and their pipe dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

a vote for FG is already a vote for the left in my opinion. So my other options are parties further to the left? yes previous FG voter, I mean they said they work reward workers, I idiotically took them at their word. Peter Casey would get a mass amount of media attention which would be priceless, I reckon if he started a new party before this GE and had candidates in place, he could win around the ten seat mark! Which would be very significant here!

As if I think peter casey is a messiah, but he is one person, who resonated with a lot of people. Isnt a professional liar like the others. He expressed an interested in politics and went from less than 1% to low 20's in the presidential election, because of speaking the truth on a single topic!!!

How can they be left and not reward workers, that in itself doesn't work. The further right you go the more power workers as a whole lose.

Casey is one person, he doesn't have a party or more to the point lead a party so at this point couldn't be Taoiseach and can't run the country.

Re welfare. The majority of welfare spending is on pensions and disability/carers. Any party attempting to cut either majorly would be gone in 6 months. The strongest and most vocal voting segment in this country are pensioners. Ireland's population is aging so those segments will grow over next two to three decades. FG have also cut welfare everywhere they could. Rates now and in 2009 have remained the same, again not something a left wing party would do.

There is a constant crisis in our health department. Closing smaller hospitals emergency units much as Roscommon (again not a something a left wing party would do) has contributed to the crisis but Irelands population has increased by 1 million since 2002 with very few extra beds added and we had a health crisis in 2002 and 2007 https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/health/more-than-41000-on-waiting-lists-44215.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

This will be particularly useful in the run up to the GE

No, on its own it will be useless. You would need to do this for all parties you are considering voting for, given the poor standard of politics.

Although some idiots seem to think things can't get any worse, despite our neighbors making a dog's dinner their country with Brexit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Cervical Check scandal. Ongoing.

The expensive, bloated superquango that is Irish Water.

"Not Another Red Cent"...Negotiating a terrible deal with the EU for accepting private banking debt onto our national debt. Our national debt will cripple us in the next recession.

Insurance Fraud and Costs. Alan Farrell. Josepha Madigan.

Garda Corruption. Faking breath tests, penalty points, Maurice McCabe (to be fair Leo did the right thing there and I commend him for it) etc.

Seanad Reform.

Childrens Hospital saga.

Dodgy Expenses (I don't think we know the half of it)

Giving total failures like Phil Hogan and Dara Murphy big jobs in the EU.

Publishing the New Politics document and then ignoring it completely when in government.

The rehabilitation of Fianna Fail.

Fine Gael are the party of waste, corruption and fraud. And I voted for them for nearly 20 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Cervical Check scandal. Ongoing.

The expensive, bloated superquango that is Irish Water.

"Not Another Red Cent"...Negotiating a terrible deal with the EU for accepting private banking debt onto our national debt. Our national debt will cripple us in the next recession.

Insurance Fraud and Costs. Alan Farrell. Josepha Madigan.

Garda Corruption. Faking breath tests, penalty points, Maurice McCabe (to be fair Leo did the right thing there and I commend him for it) etc.

Seanad Reform.

Childrens Hospital saga.

Dodgy Expenses (I don't think we know the half of it)

Publishing the New Politics document and then ignoring it completely when in government.

The rehabilitation of Fianna Fail.

Fine Gael are the party of waste, corruption and fraud. And I voted for them for nearly 20 years!

And what are FF?

Waste- Check

Corruption- Check

Fraud- Check

And what are FF?

Waste- Check

Corruption- Check

Fraud- Check

2 wrongs don't make a right

2 wrongs don't make a right

Yes but my point is what is it that there is not one FF thread here when they do exactly the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Diceicle wrote:
    Direct Provision Irish Water

31 posts before Irish water is mentioned. It just shows what short memories we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,626 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yes but my point is what is it that there is not one FF thread here when they do exactly the same?

Jesus, go back to the time of the bail out you might find a few.

Boggles wrote: »
    Jesus, go back to the time of the bail out you might find a few.

Seems all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

rossie1977 wrote: »
    How can they be left and not reward workers, that in itself doesn't work. The further right you go the more power workers as a whole lose.

Casey is one person, he doesn't have a party or more to the point lead a party so at this point couldn't be Taoiseach and can't run the country.

Re welfare. The majority of welfare spending is on pensions and disability/carers. Any party attempting to cut either majorly would be gone in 6 months. The strongest and most vocal voting segment in this country are pensioners. Ireland's population is aging so those segments will grow over next two to three decades. FG have also cut welfare everywhere they could. Rates now and in 2009 have remained the same, again not something a left wing party would do.

There is a constant crisis in our health department. Closing smaller hospitals emergency units much as Roscommon (again not a something a left wing party would do) has contributed to the crisis but Irelands population has increased by 1 million since 2002 with very few extra beds added and we had a health crisis in 2002 and 2007 https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/health/more-than-41000-on-waiting-lists-44215.html
    Casey might be one person and have no party backing but what he has is honesty which is in short supply in Irish Politics and I admire him for that , this country is slowly becoming a country of freeloaders "why work or get out of bed for anything less then 200 euros a week and if your in Government your a lotto winner" The workers (which we are running low on I would say are rightly pissed of with the social welfare system in this country stay in bed and we will reward you and its not your fault that society has failed you and the worker has not paid enough tax over to youse. Great country if your not a worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

a vote for FG is already a vote for the left in my opinion. So my other options are parties further to the left? yes previous FG voter, I mean they said they work reward workers, I idiotically took them at their word.

I know you're not being truly self-deprecating here, but anyone with much political awareness would have recognized that stuff about 'rewarding workers' was just idle talk. FG face no serious competition to their right so they are inevitably going to be dragged towards more welfarist policies for fear of losing votes to FF and the soft-left parties.

Name the FF TDs that have been up to their neck in insurance fraud and dodgy expenses in the last 6 months.

I can name the FG ones for you.

Maria Bailey
    Alan Farrell
    Josepha Madigan
    Dara Murphy
    Enda Kenny
    Michelle Mulherrin (Senator now I know but she did the same when a TD in 2016 and somehow is still at it)

To be fair the Irish electorate fcuked most of the FF TDs out of the Dail in 2011 and with good cause (they only had 20 seats after GE11)

Enda and his diabolical leadership and Irish Water allowed FF make a mini comeback in 2016 (they rose to 44 seats)

Leo is making them looking like competent angels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Name the FF TDs that have been up to their neck in insurance fraud and dodgy expenses in the last 6 months.

Maria Bailey
    Alan Farrell
    Josepha Madigan
    Dara Murphy
    Michelle Mulherrin (Senator now I know but she did the same when a TD in 2016 and somehow is still at it)

Enda Kenny too.

Maria Bailey
    Alan Farrell
    Josepha Madigan
    Dara Murphy
    Enda Kenny

I am waiting Jingles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why is that National Concert Hall on that list
    This is the failing of acronyms, one needs to be in the know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

a vote for FG is already a vote for the left in my opinion. So my other options are parties further to the left? yes previous FG voter, I mean they said they work reward workers, I idiotically took them at their word. Peter Casey would get a mass amount of media attention which would be priceless, I reckon if he started a new party before this GE and had candidates in place, he could win around the ten seat mark! Which would be very significant here!

As if I think peter casey is a messiah, but he is one person, who resonated with a lot of people. Isnt a professional liar like the others. He expressed an interested in politics and went from less than 1% to low 20's in the presidential election, because of speaking the truth on a single topic!!!

Hell hath no fury like an ex-voter with a grudge!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fg, a vote for the left, hahaha, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,841 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fg, a vote for the left, hahaha, ffs

There is an obscene welfare state. Outrageous marginal rate of tax over a pittance of an income...

The tories in the uk could be described as centre right , so yeah , fg on many issues , could be described as left wing. Medical cards , free travel , tv license for loads of the population, its endless

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Idbatterim wrote:
    There is an obscene welfare state. Outrageous marginal rate of tax over a pittance of an income...

No there's not, have you ever actually spoken to people on welfare? Maybe there's a suppression of wages occuring?
    Idbatterim wrote:
    The tories in the uk could be described as centre right , so yeah , fg on many issues , could be described as left wing. Medical cards , free travel , tv license for loads of the population, its endless

Really, fg aren't left wing, fcuking hell! I suspect fg just aren't more conservative than you want them to be

• Registered Users Posts: 39,626 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

There is an obscene welfare state.

You don't have half a million waiting to see a consultant in a welfare state.

But you keep going ahead talking complete bollíx.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Boggles wrote: »
    You don't have half a million waiting to see a consultant in a welfare state.

But you keep going ahead talking complete boll

its a badly managed welfare state but its still a welfare state. a person in this country can be born, schooled, housed, clothed, fed, treated, have children, have their own cash, take holidays etc all without ever working a day in their lives. if thats not a welfare state, i dont know what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I suspect fg just aren't more conservative than you want them to be

And isn't he entitled to that view?

Advertisement