Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The PSO is not a carbon tax, it a obligation on consumers to support greener technologies such as wind and solar for example.
    If FG didn't agree with the PSO they could have scrapped it.
    Genuine question can you please tell me the difference between FF and FG?

But we are told carbon tax is coming in for the reasons you tell me the PSO Levy is there already?

This is something I feel we are been conned about.

The difference between FF and FG?

Probably not a lot to be honest, only FF has got us into deeper **** then FG have.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,753 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It’s funny people say FG don’t care about the poor or vulnerable yet they have been looked after better than anyone else during their tenure!!!

How is that Siteserv investigation going?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,753 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

But we are told carbon tax is coming in for the reasons you tell me the PSO Levy is there already?

We are non since FG made Data Centres strategic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Waterford man here.
    Not a hope of Fine Gael getting anyone elected here next year.
    John Deasy was elected last time.
    Not one ****e has being given by him since.
    He is another Dara Murphy, Enda Kenny.
    Add to that how Simon Harris and leo have treated the lack of cardiac care issue for the south east.
    Major bug bear for everyone down here.
    I pity their candidates who will have to knock on people's doors.
    Talk about lambs to the slaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The difference between FF and FG?

Probably not a lot to be honest, only FF has got us into deeper **** then FG have.

Considering the waste FG has overseen since 2011 I think it's naive to be believe had FG been at the helm before the crash things would have been different.
    We as a country are poorly served by the quality of politicians we have. Their only interest seems to be self enrichment of themselves and their friends. It's fascinating how well D O'Brien business interests do under a FG led government just as an example.

• Advertisement

Waterford man here.
    Not a hope of Fine Gael getting anyone elected here next year.
    John Deasy was elected last time.
    Not one ****e has being given by him since.
    He is another Dara Murphy, Enda Kenny.
    Add to that how Simon Harris and leo have treated the lack of cardiac care issue for the south east.
    Major bug bear for everyone down here.
    I pity their candidates who will have to knock on people's doors.
    Talk about lambs to the slaughter.

Haven't you guys got a junior minister down there who ran on the platform of the Cardiac care unit? He didn't exactly fulfill his mandate either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Considering the waste FG has overseen since 2011 I think it's naive to be believe had FG been at the helm before the crash things would have been different.
    I agree wholeheartedly. But wouldn't it be equally naive to think the FF will doing anything differently to solve the current mess if they get elected. or indeed any hodge podge of the other cranks, skanks and planks that constitute the rest of the political field?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I think an issue is across the board here, people have an insane fear of doing anything that would upset the apple cart, be contentious. There is no direction for the country. How can I rock the boat as little as possible and still get re-elected, that is their sole dilemma!

for example and I am fairly sure this is the case, only long term unemployed get the Xmas bonus, not someone who has recently lost their job, now this to me is immoral and bizarre and sums up the insanity of how things are run here. can you even imagine for one second ANY party here proposing to reverse that situation? LOL! LOL! meanwhile in the uk, they will be getting their ten pound xmas bonus around now and yes , yes, ten pounds...

I agree wholeheartedly. But wouldn't it be equally naive to think the FF will doing anything differently to solve the current mess if they get elected. or indeed any hodge podge of the other cranks, skanks and planks that constitute the rest of the political field?

Probably is naive, but FG have shown themselves to be incapable of dealing withthe present issues. New perspective needed wherever that comes from.

yes, there is a very good chance, that given they are all spoofers and wafflers, or untested, that this would be the case. BUT , BUT could it really get any worse than the **** FG have delivered over the past nine years? I'd like to find out!

I absolutely do not want another confidence and supply sham marriage arrangement! I hope the electorate wont tolerate it either!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

yeah i'd probably go along with that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

FG and Labour have/had the same woes. They did not look out for their core adherents.

As for an alternative, I don't know yet. Does anyone? FF for example? ok maybe they deserve another try at bankrupting us again. OMG. At the very least we are now at so called full employment under FG. But that means nothing come an election when many FG core voters are seen to be paying for everything.

Anyway, FG better watch out. They are toast IMV now anyway. Purely because they only looked after the birds, ahem not the females lol, just the cuckoos and vultures geddit.

They have taken their eye off the ball, and mark my words they will be punished, problem is who is worthy of an anti FG vote now. I dunno, Greens maybe?

how often do we hear "its the economy, stupid" ? Varadkar must have taken it at face value, well as they are learning,"its (also about) society, stupid"

I am mind blown here, mind blown here by their arrogance and lack of empathy for citizens! The people that run for public office here, are nothing but full titime piss takers, they are robbing a living! Is this unique to a financially first world country like ireland? I cant imagine anywhere else would have to suffer or accept such appalling delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FG and Labour have/had the same woes. They did not look out for their core adherents.

As for an alternative, I don't know yet. Does anyone? FF for example? ok maybe they deserve another try at bankrupting us again. OMG. At the very least we are now at so called full employment under FG. But that means nothing come an election when many FG core voters are seen to be paying for everything.

Anyway, FG better watch out. They are toast IMV now anyway. Purely because they only looked after the birds, ahem not the females lol, just the cuckoos and vultures geddit.

They have taken their eye off the ball, and mark my words they will be punished, problem is who is worthy of an anti FG vote now. I dunno, Greens maybe?

Fcuk no, they are just a party of plonkers, as far as Ryan and co are concerned there's not a single issue nor problem in the state that cannot be solved by simply throwing a levy on it.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    BUT , BUT could it really get any worse than the **** FG have delivered over the past nine years? I'd like to find out!

Invent a time machine and go back to 2005-2008 and you'll see what can happen. I say build a time machine, because lots of people seem to have developed amnesia and building a time machine seems more plausible.

the green movement in general is important, but this is the irish version of the green party, they oppose four floor buildings in dublins suburbs etc, this is the gang that brought you dieselgate. Eamon ryan has done his utmost, to set the dublin metro project back, by getting out his crayons and dreaming up pie in the sky stuff!

Now luck, Id prefer to have them in there, propping up a government , rather than the parish pump mercenaries or the likes of the independent alliance gob****es etc!

Invent a time machine and go back to 2005-2008 and you'll see what can happen. I say build a time machine, because lots of people seem to have developed amnesia and building a time machine seems more plausible.
    the eu now vet out budgets, we have masses of state debt we didnt have then. Some citizens have learned their lessons and are far more cautious now. The insane perfect storm that came together last time round, is very unlikely to repeat itself any time soon in my opinion...

for example the Central bank is refusing to increase what it lends to first time buyers etc and the mortgage rules remain strict and rightfully so. I am sure there will be another recession along in a while, it was lunacy to think "ireland is special" "but we are different " etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

I'm not a huge FG fan, but I would be horrified if FF were back in power. Martin may have rebuilt the party, but the front bench is no match for FG. They need more people like Stephen Donnelly, Michael McGrath and Lisa Chambers.

FG have some very talented people, notably Simon Coveney, Paschal Donohoe, Richard Bruton, Helen McEntee, and actually Heather Humphreys, Joe McHugh. They also have some very promising back benchers who show tremendous promise, notably Noel Rock and Kate O'Connell.

I'd vote for an FG-Labour government. With people like Jan O'Sullivan, Alex White, Alan Kelly, and Brendan Howling, it would be a competent government.

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    I'm not a huge FG fan, but I would be horrified if FF were back in power. Martin may have rebuilt the party, but the front bench is no match for FG. They need more people like Stephen Donnelly, Michael McGrath and Lisa Chambers.

FG have some very talented people, notably Simon Coveney, Paschal Donohoe, Richard Bruton, Helen McEntee, and actually Heather Humphreys, Joe McHugh. They also have some very promising back benchers who show tremendous promise, notably Noel Rock and Kate O'Connell.

I'd vote for an FG-Labour government. With people like Jan O'Sullivan, Alex White, Alan Kelly, and Brendan Howling, it would be a competent government.

competent is a strecth! the bar is set so low here, that all you have to do is 1) not crash the economy 2) not be absolutely ****, a pretty **** performance will likely get you over the line. FG issue is number 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'd vote for an FG-Labour government.
    With people like Jan O'Sullivan, Alex White, Alan Kelly, and Brendan Howling, it would be a competent government.

We had one, from 2011 - 2016, it was shyte and rightfully got annihilated at the polling booths when they tried to get back in.

Keep the recovery going me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Wonder would Labour get enough votes to elect those you mention.

TBH if it were so, I would agree that FG/LAB might work, but the problem is many of the electorate are sick and tired of paying for everyone else now, who seem to coast through life on the scratch or with luxury apartments at worker's expense.

I just am baffled, and don't know what the solution is now.

So you don't remember the 2011/16 government? The Labour cohort were shown to be a bunch of unprincipled liars as soon as they got ministerial seats.

We had one, from 2011 - 2016, it was shyte and rightfully got annihilated at the polling booths when they tried to get back in.

Keep the recovery going me hole.

I think the labor hate is really over the top. they managed to stop FG getting a majority, which I thought a load of you here would love? Labour of Frankfurts way? come on, delusuional doesnt do it justice "give us what we want or WHAT? threatening those with the money and power ? and what, they turn off what funds ireland's gravy train?

I mean there was talk of the savage cuts, we have two hundred odd billion euro debt now, at one stage before the recession, it was like 40 billion! We would have seen proper savage cuts, if they didnt bail us out, of course they bailed themselves out in the process. But I didnt think labour set out to deceive, they were just totally delusional and it was a good sound byte!

I mean after ridiculous amounts of abuse , joan burton dares speak the truth about those protesting about paying a few cent for water, sporting the latest i phones, fashion made in bangladesh for cents, that they pay a fortune here for... the worlds busiest dominos and krispy kreme branch in the world in west dublin, the heartland of these protests in dublin, in all fairness, something doesnt stack up, she isnt saint joan! How she managed to bite her tongue for so long, baffles me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Are you being serious when you describe Heather Humphreys and Noel Rock very talented? Did you mean cringeworthily embarrassing? Rock, the anti ticket touting TD who tours the FAI for tickets. Humphreys of Mc NultyGate controversy who says that Mercusor is a good deal. People have very short memories indeed.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Haven't you guys got a junior minister down there who ran on the platform of the Cardiac care unit? He didn't exactly fulfill his mandate either.

He won't be running next year as he knows he doesn't have a hope of getting elected too. Despite all his hot air, at least he tries though unlike Deasy who is just another Dara Murphy, Enda Kenny type figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭bmc58

Idbatterim wrote: »
    lads, I would like to compile a list of FG poor performance, to be used on boards and elsewhere, as a reference to the **** show they and many of their td's have provided us with. This will be particularly useful in the run up to the GE

In the roughly nine years they are in power, can we start compiling a list? I know Matt , Johnny Doggs and the usual suspects will be along shortly to assist :D

Dara Murphy
    Maria Bailey
    NCH
    NBP
    health crisis
    housing crisis

Hopefully you have an hour or so to help me massively expand this list lads! I will give FG credit for telling RTE to live within their means, which will still be outrageous means, but some credit where it is due :rolleyes:

Dont thin we can really blame FG for the printer scandal either?

Add,James "Lorigthimita mathemitical progressionl" O'Reilly for the placing of a health care facility in his constituancy and Phill " I'll turn your water down to a trickle" Hogan and Francis "I done nothing" Fitzgerald.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why would FG look after foreign vulture funds???

I don’t get it, like what benefit is it for them as a party?

It’s bad press but how are they benefitting?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,927 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Wonder would Labour get enough votes to elect those you mention.

TBH if it were so, I would agree that FG/LAB might work, but the problem is many of the electorate are sick and tired of paying for everyone else now, who seem to coast through life on the scratch or with luxury apartments at worker's expense.

I just am baffled, and don't know what the solution is now.

So rinse and repeat from just 3 years ago!

FG/Lab gave us the Irish Water clusterfcuk.
    Labour won seats in 2011 on a promise of guard dogs that would keep Fine Gael from going power mad. Soon as they got their backsides on cabinet seats they turned into lapdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fine Gael did something with the mental health budget in this country which had, and still has, very mentally ill people on the streets. Suddenly a new category, called something like behavioral issues was deemed as not a mental health concern. This led to murders by those released from psychiatric units which should never have happened. Of course the public didn't hear much about this because in a lot of cases there was no trial as those who committed the murders were then considered not mentally fit to stand trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,927 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Why would FG look after foreign vulture funds???

I don’t get it, like what benefit is it for them as a party?

It’s bad press but how are they benefitting?

Who knows.

They did get bad press from the awarding of a mobile phone licence on the actions of the then Minister from the 2011 Moriarty Tribunal
    report. A report that may yet put a major dent in State finances from an on-going court case.

Not that the bad press seems to have bothered them too much.

The same individual is involved in another inquiry into the sale of Siteserv..

Advertisement