Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options
  • 05-12-2019 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭

lads, I would like to compile a list of FG poor performance, to be used on boards and elsewhere, as a reference to the **** show they and many of their td's have provided us with. This will be particularly useful in the run up to the GE

In the roughly nine years they are in power, can we start compiling a list? I know Matt , Johnny Doggs and the usual suspects will be along shortly to assist :D

Dara Murphy
    Maria Bailey
    NCH
    NBP
    health crisis
    housing crisis

Hopefully you have an hour or so to help me massively expand this list lads! I will give FG credit for telling RTE to live within their means, which will still be outrageous means, but some credit where it is due :rolleyes:

Dont thin we can really blame FG for the printer scandal either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jesus, do we need another FG thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Boggles wrote: »
    Jesus, do we need another FG thread?

I'm sorry, but yes, I am being totally genuine here. I want tens of thousands of people to see this list on social media, the journal, boards etc. These rats take nearly one hundred k a year from me in taxes, through my business and personal taxes. At this stage, I am prepared to even put up sponsored ads on social media! Whats a few thousand, when I am getting done for over a hundred thousand a year?

Its unbelievable that no new credible party can emerge, when its an open goal. Media complicit in the bull****. the people wont force change. When they start getting specifically targeted on social media etc, given that all they care about retaining power, their image etc, this might work. I see the face of these morons on my local paper this morning, more propaganda. They should spend less time splashing their faces across papers and more time delivering. Nine years, a booming economy and the place is a farce! With health, housing going backwards! Third world dublin infrastructure etc.. I dont want to start compiling another list that will take me days :rolleyes:

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but yes, I am being totally genuine here. I want tens of thousands of people to see this list on social media, the journal, boards etc. These rats take nearly one hundred k a year from me in taxes, through my business and personal taxes. At this stage, I am prepared to even put up sponsored ads on social media! Whats a few thousand, when I am getting done for over a hundred thousand a year?

Its unbelievable that no new credible party can emerge, when its an open goal. Media complicit in the bull****. the people wont force change. When they start getting specifically targeted on social media etc, given that all they care about retaining power, their image etc, this might work. I see the face of these morons on my local paper this morning, more propaganda. They should spend less time splashing their faces across papers and more time delivering. Nine years, a booming economy and the place is a farce! With health, housing going backwards! Third world dublin infrastructure etc.. I dont want to start compiling another list that will take me days :rolleyes:

But you think Peter Casey is going to make it all better?

Also didn't you vote for Fine Gael?

Just save your money and vote for someone else in the Spring - anyone on here who is going to vote for someone else will, and anyone that will vote for Fine Gael will.

A 13th thread about them isn't going yo make any difference.

But you think Peter Casey is going to make it all better?

Also didn't you vote for Fine Gael?

Just save your money and vote for someone else in the Spring - anyone on here who is going to vote for someone else will, and anyone that will vote for Fine Gael will.

A 13th thread about them isn't going yo make any difference.

a vote for FG is already a vote for the left in my opinion. So my other options are parties further to the left? yes previous FG voter, I mean they said they work reward workers, I idiotically took them at their word. Peter Casey would get a mass amount of media attention which would be priceless, I reckon if he started a new party before this GE and had candidates in place, he could win around the ten seat mark! Which would be very significant here!

As if I think peter casey is a messiah, but he is one person, who resonated with a lot of people. Isnt a professional liar like the others. He expressed an interested in politics and went from less than 1% to low 20's in the presidential election, because of speaking the truth on a single topic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Peter Casey can barely string a sentence together, fair play to him for being a successful business man but he’s not a politician.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

So you're advocating readers to vote against FG without making any suggestion as to where their votes should go?

In other words, effectively you're saying that every other voting option is better than FG?

Really?

a vote for FG is already a vote for the left in my opinion. So my other options are parties further to the left? yes previous FG voter, I mean they said they work reward workers, I idiotically took them at their word. Peter Casey would get a mass amount of media attention which would be priceless, I reckon if he started a new party before this GE and had candidates in place, he could win around the ten seat mark! Which would be very significant here!

As if I think peter casey is a messiah, but he is one person, who resonated with a lot of people. Isnt a professional liar like the others. He expressed an interested in politics and went from less than 1% to low 20's in the presidential election, because of speaking the truth on a single topic!!!

You think Casey is a straight shooter shouting out populous incoherent nonsense?

I'd rather have Inda and his fables back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

a vote for FG is already a vote for the left in my opinion.

FG are left?! Pull the other one, mate. Thought you lot called them “fascists”?

Which is it?
    yes previous FG voter

Sure you were.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And people think there is some paid FG network working here.

Let’s be honest there is posters operating here full time by political parties to lay into FG everyday.

Not one thread about FF and the way they are keeping them in power and are hypocrites of the highest order.

I put up an article of how FF blew 10 billion in 10 years with overspend and unfinished projects and seems no one cares about that.

FG are making a mess of things but there is no balance here and seems a concentrated effort to just have it all about them.

How many threads have been started yesterday and today?

EDIT- just heard the central bank boss saying seems people and banks are forgetting how bad the country was through Austerity caused by wreckless lending.

Why is that National Concert Hall on that list

• Advertisement

Let’s be honest there is posters operating here full time by political parties to lay into FG everyday.

Not one thread about FF and the way they are keeping them in power and are hypocrites of the highest order.

I put up an article of how FF blew 10 billion in 10 years with overspend and unfinished projects and seems no one cares about that.

FG are making a mess of things but there is no balance here and seems a concentrated effort to just have it all about them.

EDIT- just heard the central bank boss saying seems people and banks are forgetting how bad the country was through Austerity caused by wreckless lending.
    but jingle, we are talking about FG. They said they would represent taxpayers, they lied. they are the only party to claim they would, so I am left with nobody. You can then go onto the piss poor performance. I dont think another confidence and supply should be tolerated by the public. Given its going to be another joke of a dail, with the same morons. I just hope its the greens, who are also comedians, propping it up, if they need a few extra seats to form a government. I mean they are the irish version of the greens , so total hypocrites. from dieselgate, to banging on about sustainability, while objecting to four floors in dublin suburbs etc, but at least they offer something on the environment etc. better than the Independent alliance fools!

FG were in power with labour, before this current shambles of an arrangement came into place. FG always talk about time, it takes time, how long do they want? another century? The other options are blatant comedy, worse probably! But I cannot sit back and be lied to by Lieo etc again, about rewarding work etc. the luxury apartments in dundrun they are handing out, is an insult, to working people I know in the area, sleeping in converted garages! their arrogance is offensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

2 things,

1 id be surprised if they are taking it from you specifically.

2 this should be done for all parties and independents in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Cost of children's hospital could jump by €50m https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1205/1097221-childrens-hospital/

FG are left?! Pull the other one, mate. Thought you lot called them “fascists”?

Which is it?

Sure you were.

emmet, do FG preside over an outrageous welfare state? Do FG hit workers with an obscene rate of marginal tax, over a pittance of an income? now , if that isnt left, what is?

Of course on housing they are the other extreme, gouge you every last cent, assuming you are a worker and wont be handed out a free house or one for a pittance of "rent"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

OP do you ever think that the reason no party or politician represents you is that your views are too extreme and not shared by the majority?

Would op have been a supporter of the PDs?

Suckit wrote: »
    Cost of children's hospital could jump by €50m https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1205/1097221-childrens-hospital/

cant face reading another link! sure 50 million is pittance in the scheme of that farce! is it 50,000,000 a day over run? for a printer? changing the colours of the internal walls?

Would op have been a supporter of the PDs?

yes the pd's a centreist party. Pity they wound down, the way this place is gone, they wouldnt even have to bother canvassing anymore! Shows you how left this country is. I was in the states months back, get chatting to people as you do! I would be deemed a bleeding hearty leftist over there!

yes the pd's a centreist party. Pity they wound down, the way this place is gone, they wouldnt even have to bother canvassing anymore! Shows you how left this country is. I was in the states months back, get chatting to people as you do! I would be deemed a bleeding hearty leftist over there!

The PDs were fiscally extremely right of centre for Ireland.

The USA is a hugely right wing country with barely concealed racism rampant and plenty of examples of lack of government support causing societal issues. I'm right wing here and happy with it but I'd be a proud Lefty in the states, they are mental regarding political discourse since they are a two party system.

The PDs demise was the fact that they didn't walk out of government when McDowell had the chance. They should a lack of a spine and had a small base.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/what-is-the-truth-about-paying-tax-in-ireland-1.4101097

the truth about paying tax in ireland, higher paid get slaughtered, what a total shocker!

• Advertisement

emmet, do FG preside over an outrageous welfare state?

Bang, you've just lost the argument.

A Welfare state is an absolutely tremendous thing, unfortunately Ireland is not one of them.

The PDs were fiscally extremely right of centre for Ireland.

The PDs demise was the fact that they didn't walk out of government when McDowell had the chance. They should a lack of a spine and had a small base.

Correct.

Mad Dog McDowell was really enjoying being Tanaiste and Minister for Justice so, when the minor issue of Bertie's dodgy dig-outs cropped up, he completely copped out. Talked big, but when the opportunity came for him to show the Irish electorate that the Pee Dees genuinely stood for a different sort of politics, he was found lacking. I was delighted by his hissy fit when he lost his seat in the subsequent election!

Bang, you've just lost the argument.

A Welfare state is an absolutely tremendous thing, unfortunately Ireland is not one of them.

free travel, medical cars, the lot, over 20,000,000,000 for a country with 5 million people!

How much is the uk giving out for their welfare bonus per person? care to guess?

171170 wrote: »
    So you're advocating readers to vote against FG without making any suggestion as to where their votes should go?

In other words, effectively you're saying that every other voting option is better than FG?

Really?

Bumped this up.

You've been on this thread since I asked you, but haven't bothered - or aren't able - to answer a pretty straightforward question.

Now, put up or shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its easy to compile a list of mistakes a political party has made when they have been in power.

No-one gets its right.

Especially easy to slag if you're a supporter of a party that'll never have to worry about making the difficult decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

TBF, you pre-empt quotes from Leo the day before they appear in the press. You raised Frances Fitzgerald yesterday in defence of Dara Murphy, and lo, Leo was cited doing same today. Coincidence....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its easy to compile a list of mistakes a political party has made when they have been in power.

No-one gets its right.

Especially easy to slag if you're a supporter of a party that'll never have to worry about making the difficult decisions.

People loosing their marbles over the printer yet FF wasted 50 million on e voting machines.

We are paying 1.5 billion a year debt due to FF.

The Children’s hospital will be around 800 million over budget.

A disgrace but the debt we pay back in one year is twice that overspend.

Yet FF will be back in power next year.

Very short memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

171170 wrote: »
    Bumped this up.

You've been on this thread since I asked you, but haven't bothered - or aren't able - to answer a pretty straightforward question.

Now, put up or shut up.

I'd say yes. Every other voting option is better even Fianna Fail and I think they should be made an illegal organisation based on past actions.

free travel, medical cars, the lot, over 20,000,000,000 for a country with 5 million people!

Which in terms of money is about 14th on the list in Europe

Your "list" of grievances in your opening post wouldn't exist in a welfare state.

Obviously you show the same level of nuance as Peter Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

lads, I would like to compile a list of FG poor performance, to be used on boards and elsewhere, as a reference to the **** show they and many of their td's have provided us with. This will be particularly useful in the run up to the GE

In the roughly nine years they are in power, can we start compiling a list? I know Matt , Johnny Doggs and the usual suspects will be along shortly to assist :D

Dara Murphy
    Maria Bailey
    NCH
    NBP
    health crisis
    housing crisis

Hopefully you have an hour or so to help me massively expand this list lads! I will give FG credit for telling RTE to live within their means, which will still be outrageous means, but some credit where it is due :rolleyes:

Dont thin we can really blame FG for the printer scandal either?

Direct Provision
    Irish Water

Advertisement