Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2020-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Tenger wrote: »
    Jack1985 is a long term poster who has repeatedly shown that they have pretty reliable EI info

Yeah I can see that from all the other threads he posts in but unless he is an employee I would take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Lockheed wrote: »
    Had a talk today with the head of training who said that cabin crew recruitment is still going on full steam - maybe good news for those unsure?

That’s some good news thank god. Did you phone them?

Just heard on RTE News that Aer Lingus have offered employees to go part time or unpaid leave due to the virus ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

popers98 wrote: »
    Just heard on RTE News that Aer Lingus have offered employees to go part time or unpaid leave due to the virus ☹️

Only certain sections of the company so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

You may not like what Jack1985 has posted, but airlines are very fickle especially at times like this. Do not quit your present job if you can avoid it.

If an outbreak occurs in Ireland, the whole of the EI transatlantic market will be destroyed, even now VirginAtlantic are saying that their bookings for March are down 40% on last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

smurfjed wrote: »
    You may not like what Jack1985 has posted, but airlines are very fickle especially at times like this. Do not quit your present job if you can avoid it.

If an outbreak occurs in Ireland, the whole of the EI transatlantic market will be destroyed, even now VirginAtlantic are saying that their bookings for March are down 40% on last year.

Jack is always very knowledgeable and I don’t think it’s anything personal against him, the problem here is people have handed in their notice to current employers as they’re due to start in a month or less, a close friend of mine has done so, they contacted Aer Lingus HR/recruitment and were basically told everything is fine and going ahead! This is a stark contrast to the rumour mill, and the longer it’s left before cancellations are announced the worse it gets. Cancelled courses at the last minute will undoubtedly leave people’s personal lives in tatters, the fear and anxiety is totally understandable.
    A decision should be made and stuck to.

Locker10a wrote: »
    Jack is always very knowledgeable and I don’t think it’s anything personal against him, the problem here is people have handed in their notice to current employers as they’re due to start in a month or less, a close friend of mine has done so, they contacted Aer Lingus HR/recruitment and were basically told everything is fine and going ahead! This is a stark contrast to the rumour mill, and the longer it’s left before cancellations are announced the worse it gets. Cancelled courses at the last minute will undoubtedly leave people’s personal lives in tatters, the fear and anxiety is totally understandable.
    A decision should be made and stuck to.

YES EXACTLY. Finally someone who is speaking some sense! What about us who haven’t received our contracts yet but also have to get a months notice to or current jobs?? We are in serious limbo here

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

YES EXACTLY. Finally someone who is speaking some sense! What about us who haven’t received our contracts yet but also have to get a months notice to or current jobs?? We are in serious limbo here

Absolutely in limbo, and even with a “contract”it’s not a contract of employment so it’s worthless

United Airlines cancelled a pilots class with 3 days notice, they are all hurting.

I just received my contract this morning. It is dated from a few weeks ago so since then things have changed regarding the virus. It also states that it can be terminated at any time due to unforeseen circumstances..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

I assume airlines will ride it out for a couple of month and hope things normalise.

This situation could however lead to a mindset shift in both companies (business travel) and personal travel.

Also the whole carbon flight shaming thing, the whole industry could take a long term turndown, driven by these factors, and possibly others.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

easypazz wrote: »
    I assume airlines will ride it out for a couple of month and hope things normalise.

This situation could however lead to a mindset shift in both companies (business travel) and personal travel.

Also the whole carbon flight shaming thing, the whole industry could take a long term turndown, driven by these factors, and possibly others.

Possibly, but flying is becoming more efficient all the time, travel and business drives the economy too. And also Irish people have a bit of disposable income generally, we won’t be spending our holiday in the wet and rain when we’ve become accustomed to a holiday abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

That’s some good news thank god. Did you phone them?

Came in for a talk at DCU and took a few questions
    Yes it seems like great news he was very optimistic for the future

Slight thread drift, just got an email that Etihad Airways will be conducting cabin crew assessments in Dublin.
    Our Cabin Crew are truly global citizens who share a collective passion for caring for our guests, inspired by the traditional Arabian hospitality found in our home, Abu Dhabi. Our Cabin Crew aspire to surpass our guestÂ’s expectations and inspire our customers through innovative hospitality whilst ensuring the onboard safety of each of our guests. We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team of award winning Cabin Crew. If you have a desire to provide world class in-flight service whilst travelling the world, we encourage you to apply for one of these truly amazing positions.

EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE

Minimum High School certification or any higher education
    Fluent English verbal and written comprehension; another language is an additional benefit
    Must be at least 21 years old on the date of joining
    Confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device
    Able to reach 212 cm without shoes
    No tattoos or body piercing (exception for one earring in the lower lobe of each ear for females only) that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted)
    No criminal record
    Excellent personal presentation, style and image
    Willing to serve alcohol, including during the holy month of Ramadan
    Willing to comply with UAE and GCAA visa, medical and health screening requirements

SKILLS

Communication Skills - Excellent
    Customer Orientation -Excellent
    English Language skills - Excellent

I assume that more details regarding how to apply will be on their website.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Lockheed wrote: »
    Came in for a talk at DCU and took a few questions
    Yes it seems like great news he was very optimistic for the future

Can I ask what day this was?
    Guessing it was a prepared talk from him with Q&A afterwards?

Has anyone gotten a response to their email yet?

Has anyone gotten a response to their email yet?

Aer Lingus just called and terminated my contract was due to start in April

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

Oh no so sorry to hear that..that's ****!

I'm sure I'll be getting a call aswell. Due to start in May.

Did they say if they would take you on later in the year when things calm down??

suzycat wrote: »
    Oh no so sorry to hear that..that's ****!

I'm sure I'll be getting a call aswell. Due to start in May.

Did they say if they would take you on later in the year when things calm down??

No just keep details on file that’s it

Hopefully they will offer us a contract in the next recruitment phase..the least they could do.

Especially after such a long drawn out process!!

Anyway best of luck with whatever you do next. Stay safe

• Advertisement

Hopefully they will offer us a contract in the next recruitment phase..the least they could do.

Especially after such a long drawn out process!!

Anyway best of luck with whatever you do next. Stay safe

They haven’t they have terminated the offer of employment

Just got the call��

Just got the call��

So sorry to hear, I’m gutted finish up in my job yesterday

Just got the call too.
    Second year in a row this has happened to me

I work for a Middle Eastern airline, at least 1,000 of our flight attendants got told to take unpaid leave, so it’s not just EI that are getting impacted by this.

Hang in there, we all hope that the economies start to rebuild in the summer and airlines will have to recruit again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Indeed. Norwegian are planning to temporarily lay off 1/3 of their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

All training has been suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

Just got the call too.
    Second year in a row this has happened to me

I know how you feel! Hope your ok! It’s a terrible time for everyone x

LauralB wrote: »
    I know how you feel! Hope your ok! It’s a terrible time for everyone x

We’re in this together I remember you from last year too x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Unfortunately EI will be stopping all recruitment as a result of the implications on bookings because of COVID-19.

As things change quickly in aviation I would strongly recommend applying again or submitting an expression of interest toward future recruitment campaigns in the coming years.

It’s terribly disappointing for those who started training or were expecting to commence it.

Unforuntely it brought no great pleasure to have to submit that information over a week ago, but it has been requried, in the interests of the future of Aer Lingus that strong measures be taken.

It has not been limited to new employees, existing employees are being asked across now all departments to take special leave (unpaid, part time etc) to support the airlines future.

Hopefully this whole nightmare, what has been an unforseen event, will be over soon and a recovery will begin to take place but what is required is patience and number one to ensure your own health.

Best of luck to you all, hopefully the EI family will be in a positon to welcome you in the future.

Advertisement