Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2020-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

SLR9000 wrote: »
    Nothing here yet

The wait is painful, two weeks 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

I got a call this morning to say I got it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

I got a call aswell. Start training on the 4th May😯😂

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

Got the call too starting in April :) well done to all x

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

This thread has gone very quiet. What happened to everyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lilac.sky

I’m still waiting for an answer...
    Congrats to all who made it!!

Does anyone know what’s involved in the Medical?

I got an email from them today. They're having problems getting in touch with some of my past employers for the background checks! It's such a long process.

Also I have a medical on the 21st of January.

Does anybody know how they work the roster for cabin crew? What are the hours like??

suzycat wrote: »

Does anybody know how they work the roster for cabin crew? What are the hours like??

You normally tell them where you'd like to fly to and then they roster you. Make sure to tell them you like time off as well :rolleyes:. Seriously ? ? You got to this stage in the process ? And you don't know "what the hours are like" ?

Enjoy the 4 AM briefing in T2 on a cold winter morning :rolleyes::rolleyes: I hope you can come back and tell me this was a joke.

You normally tell them where you'd like to fly to and then they roster you. Make sure to tell them you like time off as well :rolleyes:. Seriously ? ? You got to this stage in the process ? And you don't know "what the hours are like" ?

Enjoy the 4 AM briefing in T2 on a cold winter morning :rolleyes::rolleyes: I hope you can come back and tell me this was a joke.

God you sound a delight😒😒
    Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

suzycat wrote: »
    I got an email from them today. They're having problems getting in touch with some of my past employers for the background checks! It's such a long process.

Also I have a medical on the 21st of January.

So legally cabin crew in Europe can work a max of 900 hours per year, this is time actually onboard an active flight. It doesn’t include duty hours before a flight or on turnaround. Aer Lingus cabin crew regularly work every legal hour in a year. So you’ll likely fly 900 hours or close to it.
    The roster is flexible, so you could work 6 days one week and 4 days the following week, you could have random single days off or a couple days off together. You can bid for certain flights and certain days off if you need them. I think this is based on seniority so when you’re new in the company you can expect to be the bottom of the pecking order. Duty days can easily be 10/12 hour days doing either 2/3 or 4 flights in a day.
    Obviously when you start long haul it’s different

Locker10a wrote: »
    So legally cabin crew in Europe can work a max of 900 hours per year, this is time actually onboard an active flight. It doesn’t include duty hours before a flight or on turnaround. Aer Lingus cabin crew regularly work every legal hour in a year. So you’ll likely fly 900 hours or close to it.
    The roster is flexible, so you could work 6 days one week and 4 days the following week, you could have random single days off or a couple days off together. You can bid for certain flights and certain days off if you need them. I think this is based on seniority so when you’re new in the company you can expect to be the bottom of the pecking order. Duty days can easily be 10/12 hour days doing either 2/3 or 4 flights in a day.
    Obviously when you start long haul it’s different

Thanks for that👌

Hey!

does anybody knows how many people each training group has?
    and/or how many people they are recruiting this year?
    thank you!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

From memory and from recollections from some EI mates each training group is maybe 12-16.

No idea how many being recruited.
    It was said to me that over the last 3 years they gave taken in 200-300 new entrants each summer.
    Some get asked to return the following summer.

Apparently the current story is that a large group of previously trained (other airlines) people have been hired.

Thank you to both!
    I believe this year they are recruiting more.
    But it’s only a guess...

lilac.sky wrote: »
    Thank you to both!
    I believe this year they are recruiting more.
    But it’s only a guess...

Apparently fuel quantity issues with new craft mean certain proposed routes cant go ahead. So not all the expected recruitment will be going ahead. Sounds just like last year. :rolleyes:

Apparently alot of ex Norwegian staff have been recruited for the long haul flights

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

Apparently fuel quantity issues with new craft mean certain proposed routes cant go ahead. So not all the expected recruitment will be going ahead. Sounds just like last year. :rolleyes:

How do you know? Do you work for Aer Lingus that you have inside information? I haven’t seen anything about this anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

More to do with delays in delivery

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/delays-in-airbus-aircraft-delivery-slowing-aer-lingus-expansion-says-chief-1.4046875
    Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 20:40
    Aer Lingus has two of the new A321s in service and is expecting six more, but the delivery of five of those has been put back to between February and December 2020, when they should have begun arriving this year.
    Mr Walsh pointed out that craft would arrive after the peak summer period, instead of before, when the airline would ideally want to receive them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SLR9000

Has anyone heard anything more about start times etc? I'm due to start on 10th of Feb but haven't heard anything more about uniform fitting or start time of training on that day.

A lot of those who have been recruited are ex Norwegian staff and they will be but into TA flights straight away.

Does anyone know how much you get paid for the training?

SLR9000 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything more about start times etc? I'm due to start on 10th of Feb but haven't heard anything more about uniform fitting or start time of training on that day.

Going on memory training will start at 8am or maybe 9am.

Feb10th is supposed to be the first day of the new uniform

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Tenger wrote: »
    Going on memory training will start at 8am or maybe 9am.

Feb10th is supposed to be the first day of the new uniform

Like with everything now, EI squeeze max productivity and efficiency from staff and assets, they run 2 classes per day, one starts at 6/7 am until about 1pm then a second class from 1.30/2pm that afternoon until 8/8.30pm.
    Essentially and “earies” and a “lates” class run at the same time

Bloody hell

Locker10a wrote: »
    Like with everything now, EI squeeze max productivity and efficiency from staff and assets, they run 2 classes per day, one starts at 6/7 am until about 1pm then a second class from 1.30/2pm that afternoon until 8/8.30pm.
    Essentially and “earies” and a “lates” class run at the same time

Yep my class starts at 6am

popers98 wrote: »
    Yep my class starts at 6am

You'll be ready for the 4.30 am briefings after training :D:D

Has anybody received their contracts yet?

popers98 wrote: »
    Has anybody received their contracts yet?

I got an email today saying my contract will be out next week. When are you starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Laurenquinn0

Has anyone gotten a reply from Nobox recruitment for Aer lingus yet since the recruitment day?

Advertisement