Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blueface phones locked?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 phoneranger

Rgb.ie you are a legend.

Just bought 20 of these and as mentioned Blueface wanted €50 a pop to take them off their network

I owe you a pint!

Phoneranger

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LegalEngineer

Mr. G wrote: »
    I can confirm the above works as I have tried it. Just one thing changed above.

Regarding the configuration of the Panasonic UT-series phones, here is how to set it up from the default settings. This might be useful for posters who are having difficulty configuring these phones. However, it is surprisingly simple to configure them.

Login to the web interface using admin/adminpass.
    Click the VoIP tab on the top menu
    Click Line 1 under SIP Settings
    Enter the SIP username as Phone Number
    Registrar server and proxy server should be the sip server (e.g. sip.goldfish.ie,cust.ie.blueface.com, PBX IP Address). The port is 5060 for most providers, you ca use 8060 for Goldfish.
    Authentication ID is the SIP username
    Authentication Password is the SIP password
    Click Yes to Enable DNS SRV lookup
    Everything else can be left as default.
    Click Status > VoIP Status > You should see Line 1 is Registered.

I have a 3 Panasonic KX-UT123 phones and two DECT handsets with Blueface.

Blueface are still refusing to give out passwords unless you pay €50 per device. They have a term in their T&Cs under Hardware saying they lock phones and will not unlock them.
    This does appear unethical and also environmentally unfriendly? (How many perfectly usable phones have been discarded because of Blueface's stance?)

I would discourage anyone from going with Blueface until they change their policy.

I also liked to use a softphone on PC, which was possible when we first moved to them but they removed that option after 2 years, they said they were working on a softphone for PC but after over 2 years of waiting still no sign of one. They refused to give us the SIP logon details for 3rd party soft phones.

The good news
    the above procedure by Mr. G still works for the KX-UT123 handsets, I can now reset the phone and move to a new provider. It took me a while to find this thread, so I thought I'd add a reply to make it more easier to find.

I have not had a chance to check the DECT phones yet.

#resetting provisioned Panasonic IP phones to factory default
    #auto provisioning Panasonic IP phones KX-UT preventing factory reset
    #Blueface review
    #Blueface unfair terms and conditions
    #Blueface not recommended
    #Blueface locking in customers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nbod

I am answering this way late. Just putting it online if anyone needs this fix. I rang Blueface and they couldn't do it.

If Blueface locked your Panasonic phone. I have a Panasonic KX-TGP550.

Blueface sell them locked and preconfigured so You cannot get into web admin and you will not have "settings" option in the IP settings on your base phone.

Google for the Administrator Guide for more info.

The work around is

1. IP reset to factory default by pressing menu then #730. THe phone will restart.
    2. Reset default WebID and Password by pressing Menu on base. The #739. The phone will restart.
    3. Go to IP settings on your menu. Make sure DCPH is set to on and auto. Go to IP address and type the address into your browser. (nothing will happen unless you have web admin turned on). Go to EmbeddedWeb and turn it on.
    4. NOTE: the default username is admin and password is "adminpass". If you type type this in now it will refresh and not accept. You will have to go and turn on EmbeddedWeb again each time. THis is the wall blueface put in.
    5. The workaround is to go in as username: customerserviceid and password: cspass
    6. Go in and do a firmware update. Check the back of your base unit and find the model number... IN my case it was kx-tgp550t01....Do a google search for the appropriate firmware download. it and upload to your web admin when prompted. Your phone will restart.
    7. go back in and find your IP address for the phone base. Put into your browser. Make sure embedded web is ON. Load the ip in your browser and enter default username: admin and password: adminpass. Now you should have access to your panel.

Hope this helps someone.

Advertisement