Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2020, 08:49   #31
byhookorbycrook

https://twitter.com/buailtin/status/...806935553?s=21
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 09:08   #32
whisky_galore

It was an ad for DINGLE BOAT TOURS all along.

Cute Kerry hoors, make up an obituary and stick an ad into it.
Thanks from:
16-10-2020, 09:21   #33
JasonStatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch Flat View Post
Ah jaysus. As if 2020 couldn't get any worse

https://www.facebook.com/12FungieForever12/

"15th October 2020... SADNESS.... We all have been knowing that one day the day would come that Fungie would not show up in his beloved bay.... For the past two days Rudi and I have been searching for Fungie everywhere. There is absolutely no sign of him. Today I raised the alarm and I deepfull have to thank Mary and Mick O'Neill from DINGLE BOAT TOURS who were so kind to take us on an very long search along the coastline and search in places we could not reach with our own small boat because of the waves.. Meanwhile two other boats started a long search as well. We cannot give you any more information than what we know.. Fungie is missing... The bay has been very quite this week... and on Monday morning we spent a wonderful couple of hours with Fungie in the tranquility of the bay.. I never expected that the film I made of Fungie that morning.. could be the last film I shot of him. We all keep hoping for a miracle.... but the bay feels really empty without him. As you will understand.. we are very upset for it looks like we have lost our best friend.. Fungie was part of our life for 29 years.. But Fungie was part of a lot of peoples lives. He was and is and will always be loved all over the world. Rudi and I feel priviledged that we were able to share so much of Fungie with friends who love him.... with people who wanted to meet him.. with people who seeked comfort by him... Fungie is special to so many people in so many ways. For Rudi and me he will always be a part of our life for the place he has in our heart is there FOREVER. We will continue the search for him... and we keep hoping.. As you can understand we are very upset at the moment and will not get into any speculations... or questions... nor do we appreciate any disrespectful remarks. We have shared our life with Fungie with you because we knew he would always put a smile on someones face... I am sure that this will come as a shock to many people... We cannot tell you for sure if he is alive or dead.. It is just as simple as that. If Fungie crossed the dolphinrainbow bridge... than he will leave a big empty space behind him for many.. Dingle will never be the same.. but keep Fungie alive in your hearts.. and he will live forever..."
Did he contract coronavirus?!?!
16-10-2020, 09:24   #34
Beechwoodspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgware View Post
They're busy in Kilgarvan pumping up a replacement
Fungie healey Rae has a nice ring to it
16-10-2020, 09:27   #35
Igotadose

Actually, I think the lack of boat tours for the last 8 months+ probably caused him to look for others to socialize with. He was getting 'something' out of the boat tours - he's not fed from boats. He's very sociable, swimming up to the boats and investigating.

He's an enormous dolphin, so if the fisherman says he recognized him, I believe it, Fungi would stand out in a crowd. The bay gets runs of young salmon and whatnot, and Fungi just hangs out and eats them. But, Dolphins are social, he was missing his daily visitors so he went out and found some new friends.

I think there's more of risk he doesn't return, if he's enjoying himself with his new pals.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 09:30   #36
KaneToad

All joking aside, never got the obsession with dolphins ...
16-10-2020, 09:30   #37
SEPT 23 1989

"If you think I'm bad, wait till you see what's coming after me"

Fungie, September 2020
16-10-2020, 09:38   #38
touts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch Flat View Post
Ah jaysus. As if 2020 couldn't get any worse

https://www.facebook.com/12FungieForever12/

"15th October 2020... SADNESS.... We all have been knowing that one day the day would come that Fungie would not show up in his beloved bay.... For the past two days Rudi and I have been searching for Fungie everywhere. There is absolutely no sign of him. Today I raised the alarm and I deepfull have to thank Mary and Mick O'Neill from DINGLE BOAT TOURS who were so kind to take us on an very long search along the coastline and search in places we could not reach with our own small boat because of the waves.. Meanwhile two other boats started a long search as well. We cannot give you any more information than what we know.. Fungie is missing... The bay has been very quite this week... and on Monday morning we spent a wonderful couple of hours with Fungie in the tranquility of the bay.. I never expected that the film I made of Fungie that morning.. could be the last film I shot of him. We all keep hoping for a miracle.... but the bay feels really empty without him. As you will understand.. we are very upset for it looks like we have lost our best friend.. Fungie was part of our life for 29 years.. But Fungie was part of a lot of peoples lives. He was and is and will always be loved all over the world. Rudi and I feel priviledged that we were able to share so much of Fungie with friends who love him.... with people who wanted to meet him.. with people who seeked comfort by him... Fungie is special to so many people in so many ways. For Rudi and me he will always be a part of our life for the place he has in our heart is there FOREVER. We will continue the search for him... and we keep hoping.. As you can understand we are very upset at the moment and will not get into any speculations... or questions... nor do we appreciate any disrespectful remarks. We have shared our life with Fungie with you because we knew he would always put a smile on someones face... I am sure that this will come as a shock to many people... We cannot tell you for sure if he is alive or dead.. It is just as simple as that. If Fungie crossed the dolphinrainbow bridge... than he will leave a big empty space behind him for many.. Dingle will never be the same.. but keep Fungie alive in your hearts.. and he will live forever..."
You're suspiciously certain he is dead after such a short period of time.

I take it you hit him with your boat.

Lucky for you there are reports he has been spotted outside the bay. You'd better hope he comes back in or the people of Dingle will hang you from the top of Eask Tower by your balls.
16-10-2020, 12:26   #39
Stovepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ippy View Post
https://twitter.com/SkipperEditor/st...361992705?s=20

Not dead, go away and shut up please.
More like, the skipper circled the same spot twenty times and annoyed the dolphin enough with his engine noise,that he came to the surface to see what the commotion was all about.
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 12:31   #40
barney shamrock

Hopefully all the "devastated" are feeling better now.
16-10-2020, 12:49   #41
Igotadose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
"If you think I'm bad, wait till you see what's coming after me"

Fungie, September 2020
Cthulhu, the Dingle Kraken!
16-10-2020, 12:54   #42
E mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneToad View Post
All joking aside, never got the obsession with dolphins ...
To be fair that dolphin probably paid for a lot of children's education and created a lot of employment in Dingle.
(4) thanks from:
16-10-2020, 16:18   #43
ablelocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by E mac View Post
To be fair that dolphin probably paid for a lot of children's education and created a lot of employment in Dingle.
a philanthropic and entrepreneurial dolphin!
(4) thanks from:
16-10-2020, 16:38   #44
WrenBoy

He was holding out until better contract extension conditions could be agreed.
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2020, 16:59   #45
topper75

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenBoy View Post
He was holding out until better contract extension conditions could be agreed.
Yeah anybody that knows dolphins and their greedy agents will easily get this. Take that Dusty up in Clare - was even hooring around France and Scotland before coming here. It's all about the fish, and the agent gets 10%. That is what the kids don't see.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion