Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Parawind wrote: »
    Sorry I meant gold 1 or 2, not 2 or 3 and its rank 1 or 2 in Div1 Div Rivals. Take the coins or tradable packs and sell everything. Use anything untradable in SBC for tradable packs.

Been doing it for weeks, just be patient with your pricing.

Coins for division 1 rank 1 is 80k, gold 1(20 wins ) is 50k, 130k total, over 100k from packs is hard enough got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Came to a realisation between work and everything I wasn't getting any more icon swaps. Had 8 tokens, went for the base icon pack. Roberto Carlos, could have been a hell of a lot worse and he's a great shot on him.

I'll finish Keane I hope with some of my high rated la Liga stuff after I pull Suarez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Coins for division 1 rank 1 is 80k, gold 1(20 wins ) is 50k, 130k total, over 100k from packs is hard enough got

Its what I generally come away with each week. It obviously varies a little depending on the pack luck, but its not much short of that even on a poor week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just need 3 more games with a la liga scorer for Suarez.

Playing now and come up against a guy who already has moments Suarez in his starting 11 and is clearly way down divisions to try get easy friendly wins.

He’s 3 up after 15 mins, watches every celebration, and kindly pauses for me to quit,I wouldn’t please him to quit.
    I manage to score after 20 mins with dembele.

I leave controller down, he can have his win but it’ll take him about 15 minutes and I got what I wanted :)

Ps. When I walk by the sitting room I pause it each time to annoy him more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Moments Dybala out now... for an assist? 84 and 85 squad, not bad but doesn’t fit my team and won’t re-jig it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

TOTY midfielders in packs - any one managed to pull one yet or is that a silly question lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bruno up at 5 million coins :S

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Vidic was my unsung hero this week, he stretches his legs out so far to intercept balls. Really didn't notice the pace too much, there were a couple of incidents were I knew I couldn't get back in time, the thing that got me was his weak foot, got me in trouble a few times until I got used to it.

Capture.png

FUTTrack.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

McT's assists stand out there :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Finished on 19 wins. Won't be continuing the 352 experiment. It is fun and when people can't deal with it, they really can't deal with it. But I really missed the out ball to full-backs when facing better players.

Overall, similar stats to the last couple of weekends but I really didn't play well, threw away winning positions and defended pretty poorly overall. Something to work on.

Chopped around the players during the weekend too. Dropping Upemacano for Prime Campbell, then switching back again. Also tried out an off chem defence of Klaiber, Mukiele and Mendy which didn't really work.

Sold Campbell and brought in Base Blanc to replace Khedira. He's a monster and was MOTM in his first 3 games, scoring every time but the 3* weak foot isn't great.

Defo enjoyed messing around with a new formation. Might try a different one again this week to keep things interesting.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    McT's assists stand out there :O

When I compared him to base Wijnaldum who played the same position/instructions last week he only got 4g 4a.

McT was everywhere!! Would love that TOTY Bruno to complete the team :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

This guy went through a lot of the top streamers and calculated how much money they spent on fifa points and how many blues they got. Good to see it laid out there :)

stephenl15 wrote: »
    This guy went through a lot of the top streamers and calculated how much money they spent on fifa points and how many blues they got. Good to see it laid out there :)

Also worth remembering for the bundes tots sbc last year when everyone started packing sancho they pulled the sbc, replaced it a while later and a lot less sancho’s were packed. So again, just prove that they manipulate the drop rates to whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Came back to play the game for the first time in many weeks.

Got the 14 wins in champs with a few to spare.

Also did POTM Bruno.

Rashford and Ronaldo up top doing the business.

That objective Suarez is a nightmare to play against.

Also had over 70 packs to open from doing SBC's, had ultimate packs and everything but no walkouts, pack luck has been dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Playing a game there and they randomly decided to swap my striker and CDM. Had to wait 20 in-game mins to swap them back as the ball never went out. Swapped them back, and they don't change. Paused again, they are back with my CDM at striker and my striker at CDM on the tactics screen. Swapped them for a second time. They still don't change.

Waited until half time, and once again they are lined up in the wrong positions on the pause screen. Third swap, still no difference. I paused a third time then at 75s, and make subs. Change them again, and finally they change when I'm 3-0 down due to having one CDM with a low defensive work rate.

So, finally my CDM and ST are playing in their correct positions. It would be too easy to have all my players playing where they should be so they decide to swap Rashford and my RB.

WTF is this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Was 10-4 on Friday, left it at 14 -11 tonight, fairly unbearable at times compounded by dodgy internet

Anyone have Zola is he any good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've no idea what's going on. First my team randomly changes position and refuse to actually swap, now they are playing like the Craggy Island Over 75s.

Lost 0-4 (no shots)
    Lost 0-3
    Lost 0-4 (no shots)

Said I'd play with a different team in friendlies....lost 1-6.

That Suarez card dribbles worse than my silver team CBs. Feels like I'm connected to an Australian server or something. The gameplay is feels unplayable. Can't do anything - all my players turn like elephants to the point where every single turn is tracked & anticipated with laser precision. I can't remember not having a shot on target in any game so far in FIFA 21, but just had it happen twice in 3 games. In the last game I was clean through with my striker and he shoots so wide, it wouldn't have gone in even if the goal was as wide as the 6 yard box. Maybe I'm just sh*te!

Also weirdly, every time I look at match facts, the name of the team appears as the first team that I played on this run.

Played a bunch more games tonight, still have 9 games remaining but I can't be bothered to put myself through it. Since I went back to it tonight the gameplay is even worse.

The AI (both defensive and attacking) is just completely broken because of the lag compensation. When I reached half time all of my attackers were still on 90+ stamina because they would just stay completely still and leave themselves marked. I also figured out that the reason everyone seems to just spam through balls when the gameplay is like this is because the RB/LB dribbling seems to take 2-3 seconds to activate and by that time you have either been forced to turn backwards, pass or have been tackled.

Did the Dybala SBC with some extra fodder, seems like an excellent value SBC. He is going to taking Messi's place on the bench.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Playing a game there and they randomly decided to swap my striker and CDM. Had to wait 20 in-game mins to swap them back as the ball never went out. Swapped them back, and they don't change. Paused again, they are back with my CDM at striker and my striker at CDM on the tactics screen. Swapped them for a second time. They still don't change.

Waited until half time, and once again they are lined up in the wrong positions on the pause screen. Third swap, still no difference. I paused a third time then at 75s, and make subs. Change them again, and finally they change when I'm 3-0 down due to having one CDM with a low defensive work rate.

So, finally my CDM and ST are playing in their correct positions. It would be too easy to have all my players playing where they should be so they decide to swap Rashford and my RB.

WTF is this game?

Had that happen me once about 2 WL ago, swapped Mbappe to CDM and Sanches to ST. It seems to be some sort of a extremely rare bug, as I had never encountered it before or again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Was 10-4 on Friday, left it at 14 -11 tonight, fairly unbearable at times compounded by dodgy internet

Anyone have Zola is he any good

Love Zola. His baby card is so much fun to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The pace of play felt really slow all weekend. Mental when the pre-match ping is showing < 24 for every game I'm joining..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Been looking through the number of packable cards in each league if they release the usual TOTY League Upgrades in the next few days:

Premier League: 4 TOTYs, 180 Rare Golds, 33 85+
    Bundesliga: 4 TOTYs, 110 Rare Golds, 8 85+
    Ligue 1: 1 TOTY(2 if Neymar is 12th Man), 60 Rare Golds, 6 85+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lads decided not to get sucked into FIFA this year and stick with PES, Got bored of PES yesterday and downloaded the 10 hour trial.

Out of my welcome pack pulled Reus and Kimmich decided to try rivals after the placement games managed to get Haaland with a hunter for feck all.

So built a 83 rated Bundesliga team and got placed in division 8 (placement games didnt go well). Was promoted to 7 after a few wins.

What I have noticed this year is a 83 rated team is plenty to be competitive in the lower divisions.

There is not division 3 players playing in 7 for objectives which ruined last years games for many people.

Gameplay is good, I play a high line with fast build up but try to keep possession in and around the opposition box. There doesn't seem to be the same emphasis on sitting back and hitting long balls.

Hopefully it stays like this as I am a casual player who likes to play maybe 10-15 games a week and dont really bother with trading or SBCS and dont see the point in paying for packs.

From the 9 or 10 games played I must say it's been a good Experiance for a casual player something that has been lacking the past 2 or 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

piplip87 wrote: »
    Lads decided not to get sucked into FIFA this year and stick with PES, Got bored of PES yesterday and downloaded the 10 hour trial.

Out of my welcome pack pulled Reus and Kimmich decided to try rivals after the placement games managed to get Haaland with a hunter for feck all.

So built a 83 rated Bundesliga team and got placed in division 8 (placement games didnt go well). Was promoted to 7 after a few wins.

What I have noticed this year is a 83 rated team is plenty to be competitive in the lower divisions.

There is not division 3 players playing in 7 for objectives which ruined last years games for many people.

Gameplay is good, I play a high line with fast build up but try to keep possession in and around the opposition box. There doesn't seem to be the same emphasis on sitting back and hitting long balls.

Hopefully it stays like this as I am a casual player who likes to play maybe 10-15 games a week and dont really bother with trading or SBCS and dont see the point in paying for packs.

From the 9 or 10 games played I must say it's been a good Experiance for a casual player something that has been lacking the past 2 or 3 years.

yep id agree, im the same boat, have a 84 rated EPL/La Liga hybrid in and around div 8 and i enjoy it pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gallee

My brother is 10 and he playes FIFA 21 on Xbox 1. He plays ultimate TEAM Div rivals but gets beaten often. He even plays lower divisions and gets beaten by better players. He can’t buy players with coins as he is a minor and is not permitted. Can anyone give us some direction on how he can improve. Apologies in advance as I am not a techie.

Gallee wrote: »
    My brother is 10 and he playes FIFA 21 on Xbox 1. He plays ultimate TEAM Div rivals but gets beaten often. He even plays lower divisions and gets beaten by better players. He can’t buy players with coins as he is a minor and is not permitted. Can anyone give us some direction on how he can improve. Apologies in advance as I am not a techie.

I don't think they would stop someone using coins to buy players in game, I think you may mean he can't use fifa points??

You get awarded coins for playing matches and selling players among many other ways.

Gallee wrote: »

For someone so young the best thing to do would be to go into the "Objectives" section in game. Look for any objectives that give you players or packs and specifically where it says that the objective can be earned by playing "squad battles". (That means he can play vs the computer over and over again until he gets them.)

Other tips:

He should make sure not to be playing slow players, try to check the pace on each card and make sure its 80+ where possible or close enough to it. (That would put him at a big disadvantage in games if he has slow players.)

Check the overall "Chemistry" of the team and get it as close to 100 overall as possible, even if he has some good players but they hurt the chemistry (then leave them out) its going to cause him more problems.

He might have done the above already, but I wouldn't want to throw more complex things at him until he has done that as a starting point. If you can get a photo of his current team and post it, we would probably be able to provide more guidance.

Lads I’d fully expect the 3 x 83+ midfielders pack tonight like we got the 3 x 83+ attackers the second day they were in packs.

If you plan on completing it, just get together an 83 squad together now as it’ll cost more when it drops.
    It was 4-3-3 last time with high enough chem so centre backs will be important

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Oh the sheer joy I get from beating losers who put out a stacked team in friendlies just to stop people from getting objectives.
    4-1 down as I was only pushed about getting a liga goa ll but decided to go for it just to spite the guy and won 6-5 in extra time. He was so gutted he shut off the Xbox straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Premier League commons are selling at a high price. Threw some of mine up for 4k and they sold instantly.

Advertisement