Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

thats been there at least since his trial.

I hope they have the decency to scrub it off when he's released. I also hope a great big truck comes along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Those Tommy Robinson fans really are fond of criminal activity, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Northbound on the M50 (between J11 and J10), someone has literally sprayed "Free Tommy Robinson" on all three lanes of the road. Disgracefully, they've not only put themselves in danger, but have also endangered the life of whichever Bantersaurus Rex eventually feels compelled to add "in every box of cornflakes" to it.

That joke was funny when Nelson Mandela was in prison and it is still funny now.

This exchange has honestly put me in great form. Well done to both of you :pac::pac::pac:

I hope they have the decency to scrub it off when he's released. I also hope a great big truck comes along...

Well it is the calling card of the Islamist freaks (as seen in Nice and Sweden) so probably a possibility that you get your wish! Although they tend to target places packed with innocents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well it is the calling card of the Islamist freaks (as seen in Nice and Sweden) so probably a possibility that you get your wish! Although they tend to target places packed with innocents.

https://youtu.be/kUBXRSK0osI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭kubjones

Apparently

Theme of this thread. Lot of accusation, no evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kubjones wrote: »
    Theme of this thread. Lot of accusation, no evidence.

Evidence of what? He plead guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That joke was funny when Nelson Mandela was in prison and it is still funny now.

I really, really want to spray that now.

Evidence of what? He plead guilty.

Not about his reporting outside the courthouse.

More so the "quotes" that he has said, the calls of racism, a lot of little nuggets of truth littered with accusations with no basis.

Not a big fan of the guy, but I know a lot about him through an acquaintance that works quite closely with him.

He's none of most of what people claim him to be. What he's doing is important, despite the fact I disagree with the direction he plans on following. It's important for people to know about just how bad things are getting over in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

More so the "quotes" that he has said, the calls of racism, a lot of little nuggets of truth littered with accusations with no basis.

Not a big fan of the guy, but I know a lot about him through an acquaintance that works quite closely with him.

He's none of most of what people claim him to be. What he's doing is important, despite the fact I disagree with the direction he plans on following. It's important for people to know about just how bad things are getting over in the UK.

I find it amazing how many people who't say they support him but will defend him. It's like they're semi closeted racists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Tommy Robinson is a bit like Bros in the 80s. Nobody admitted being a fan, but a lot had the posters up in their bedroom wall. What are you embarrassed about? If you love him come straight out with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Grayson wrote: »
    I find it amazing how many people who't say they support him but will defend him. It's like they're semi closeted racists.

So if a neighbour of yours was a racist and got a heart attack, would you not help him or her for fear of being branded a closet racists.

There's a lot of different ways of supporting people, just because someone supports someone it doesn't mean they share their views. ...

Can you ask your mate why Tommy robinson/Stephen Yaxley-Lennon doesn't want to pay any attention to the number of pedophiles in the EDL that he previously founded?

Grayson wrote: »

"Your opinion is diffidernt du my opinuern. Yer racist."

I agreed with a lot of what Nelson Mandela has to say.

Not a fan of putting tires around political prisoners and setting them on fire though.

Mad that you can both agree with something somebody has to say, while not agreeing with their practices. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He got arrested for violating his suspended sentence. He pleaded guilty.

nthclare wrote: »
    So if a neighbour of yours was a racist and got a heart attack, would you not help him or her for fear of being branded a closet racists.

There's a lot of different ways of supporting people, just because someone supports someone it doesn't mean they share their views. ...

Most of us are secure enough in our own skin that we don't give two fcuks what some eejits think we are or aren't.

Tommy's (non) fans seem particularly precious for some reason.

Most of us are secure enough in our own skin that we don't give two fcuks what some eejits think we are or aren't.

Tommy's (non) fans seem particularly precious for some reason.

Sounds like something a racist would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

He got arrested for violating his suspended sentence. He pleaded guilty.

he also committed to violation in front of the judge and videod it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"Your opinion is diffidernt du my opinuern. Yer racist."

I agreed with a lot of what Nelson Mandela has to say.

Not a fan of putting tires around political prisoners and setting them on fire though.

Mad that you can both agree with something somebody has to say, while not agreeing with their practices. :confused:

While mandela was guilty of many crimes in his life setting political prisoners on fire was not one of them. That is his wife you are thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Billy86 wrote: »
    Can you ask your mate why Tommy robinson/Stephen Yaxley-Lennon doesn't want to pay any attention to the number of pedophiles in the EDL that he previously founded?

Because he doesn't care about the victims of abuse, he's using the issue as a convenient springboard to expand the rise of the European far-right into British politics and he's doing a handy job of it. If he genuinely cared about victims he wouldn't be trying to jeopardise the conviction of their abusers and wreck their anonymity so he could plaster himself all over Facebook. The amount of nonces involved in the British far-right, including organisations he was a part of or led - and close associates of his - is actually pretty high.

• Advertisement

Tommy Robinson is a bit like Bros in the 80s. Nobody admitted being a fan, but a lot had the posters up in their bedroom wall. What are you embarrassed about? If you love him come straight out with it.

You don't have to love him and you don't have to hate him. You shaming someone into choosing is what has people going against the left nowadays. If you're not A, you're automatically B. Fcuk off with that. You can agree with some things people say without thinking the sun shines out of their arse. Shades of grey exist.

You don't have to love him and you don't have to hate him. You shaming someone into choosing is what has people going against the left nowadays. If you're not A, you're automatically B. Fcuk off with that. You can agree with some things people say without thinking the sun shines out of their arse. Shades of grey exist.

He supported a child molester in his own group and tried to damage cases against child molesters. I think it's fair to call anyone who supports him whatever you want on that basis alone.

He supported a child molester in his own group and tried to damage cases against child molesters. I think it's fair to call anyone who supports him whatever you want on that basis alone.

Everything he's ever said is null and void is it? Issues that have been raised are rendered irrelevant because of other factors? Separate the person from the points that are being made or just ignore them, whichever. Point is, dickheads can make sense from time to time whether you like them or not.

Everything he's ever said is null and void is it? Issues that have been raised are rendered irrelevant because of other factors? Separate the person from the points that are being made or just ignore them, whichever. Point is, dickheads can make sense from time to time whether you like them or not.

True, but with people like Robinson, only by getting lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Hopefully the Britain he is fighting for is the one that will emerge in the next 50 years, where people of all colours have shared values, a respect for freedom of Speech and believe themselves to be British first as opposed to an Islamic state of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ruled by backwards sharia law, that is not a neighbour I would want next to me.

Hopefully the Britain he is fighting for is the one that will emerge in the next 50 years, where people of all colours have shared values, a respect for freedom of Speech and believe themselves to be British first as opposed to an Islamic state of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ruled by backwards sharia law, that is not a neighbour I would want next to me.

Unclear if satire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

If Tommy Robinson is such a racist why doesn't he speak out against Sikhs ?

Do you not see what you're at yourself, labelling anyone that despises the paedophile loving convicted fraudster as part of the 'left'?

I'm not shaming anyone into anything. I'm not getting het up over someone else thinking I may or may not be a Yaxley Lennon supporter. You don't have to tell me that nothing is ever black or white.

Why are the self proclaimed 'right' so insecure about what others think of them?

Unclear if satire.

Hopefully it is, but sure with the number if extremists in this thread who knows at this point.

• Advertisement

True, but with people like Robinson, only by getting lucky.

What does that even mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement