Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-12-2019, 14:23   #16
emy

I am looking to switch the provider, now I am with Electric Ireland both gas and electricity. On bonkers Iberdrola seems to be the best for both fuel options.
Advertisement
21-12-2019, 17:33   #17
Fred the ferret

I joined Iberdrola in August as the offer looked good. The website never seemed to work properly and I had to ring in my meter readings each time. There was no emailed warning of a bill asking for a meter reading and they have no provision for on-line payment. The bills never came in at the same time interval and although my account states that the next bill is now due in February I know there is another for this month which hasn't been posted yet. What's the point? On each occasion any enquiries were handled by Scottish Power, which they also own, and despite being very pleasant it became increasingly evident that Iberdrola had set up the IE. end of things with the minimum of backup. Finally emailed them in utter frustration with the dismal service only to receive the initial response in Spanish. When I did get an IE. answer there was no apology, instead a suggestion that I had been using the ES. website instead of IE. (I know the difference) and that they were "proud of being an international company". Maybe, but that butters no parsnips and have now fled to SSE Airtricity who offer a cheaper deal at the moment and doubtless they will take their €50 cancellation fee regardless. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
(3) thanks from:
22-12-2019, 09:05   #18
CoffeeBean2

I just switched to them a month ago. The per unit price is the cheapest, but the standing charge is high. Still works out cheaper for me. I didn't factor in a cash back as I didn't know about it. I have higher than average usage as my heating is electric, so the cheap per unit cost suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the ferret View Post
have now fled to SSE Airtricity who offer a cheaper deal at the moment and doubtless they will take their €50 cancellation fee regardless. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Were you not locked into a contract? If so, how did you get out?
02-01-2020, 17:24   #19
Aingeal17

Awful Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the ferret View Post
I joined Iberdrola in August as the offer looked good. The website never seemed to work properly and I had to ring in my meter readings each time. There was no emailed warning of a bill asking for a meter reading and they have no provision for on-line payment. The bills never came in at the same time interval and although my account states that the next bill is now due in February I know there is another for this month which hasn't been posted yet. What's the point? On each occasion any enquiries were handled by Scottish Power, which they also own, and despite being very pleasant it became increasingly evident that Iberdrola had set up the IE. end of things with the minimum of backup. Finally emailed them in utter frustration with the dismal service only to receive the initial response in Spanish. When I did get an IE. answer there was no apology, instead a suggestion that I had been using the ES. website instead of IE. (I know the difference) and that they were "proud of being an international company". Maybe, but that butters no parsnips and have now fled to SSE Airtricity who offer a cheaper deal at the moment and doubtless they will take their €50 cancellation fee regardless. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Agree with all of this - avoid this company at all costs. They are impossible to communicate with. Three weeks ago I called and was told they’d call me back ASAP. Called them today, only two lads in the office and neither could help - seems they only answer the phone. Was told the manager was away and not sure when she’d be back! Sounds like a very slack doss house tbh!
02-01-2020, 19:10   #20
Ubbquittious

Do they actually generate anything in this country? Gas how some strange company can just waltz in and start taking MPRN's and billing people
Advertisement
02-01-2020, 21:41   #21
the_syco
Subscriber

From their site, they seem to offer a discount for the 1st 12 months. For example, with the "Dual Fuel 23" plan, you'll have a 23% discount for 12 months. Seems the discount will go to 9% after the 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBean2 View Post
Were you not locked into a contract? If so, how did you get out?
from their website;
Quote:
If you cancel either your Gas or Electricity Tariff with us by switching to another energy supplier, with the transfer fully completing 49 days or more before the End Date ie 12 months from your supply start date, we will apply exit fees of €50 (inc VAT) for the fuel you have switched.
26-01-2020, 08:32   #22
jon ish

Rubbish service

I signed up because they were cheap, but the seem to billing quarterly and not a fixed monthly dd. So I am going to get billed for the December, January and February - two fuels in one go. Cant wait for my year to be up.
26-01-2020, 16:08   #23
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbquittious View Post
Do they actually generate anything in this country? Gas how some strange company can just waltz in and start taking MPRN's and billing people
Yes, they have substantial wind installations in Donegal and possibly other places.
26-01-2020, 16:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon ish View Post
I signed up because they were cheap, but the seem to billing quarterly and not a fixed monthly dd. So I am going to get billed for the December, January and February - two fuels in one go. Cant wait for my year to be up.
I signed up yesterday.

From what I'm reading (wish I had seen this thread first), I should avail of my 14 day cooling off period and cancel the switch.

I don't mind submitting readings I take myself, I had to do similar before with Airtricity, but quarterly billing isn't okay with me
Advertisement
26-01-2020, 22:24   #25
theboringfox

I signed up. No issues so far. Your gas and electricity readings taken by the network anyway. I just want the cheapest rate and they were it even when taking into account offers. I agree though their setup seems to be super basic but I remember being with flogas and was similar. I can see not having monthly billing could be an issue. Mine seems to be every 2 months which would seem standard enough. But agree outside of price this is absolutely no frills stuff.
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 22:51   #26

I don't need frills
Just value
Thanks from:
27-01-2020, 18:48   #27
mean gene

bonkers telling me move from energia dual fuel to electric ireland for electricity and flo gas for gas-whats the story just do it through bonkers is it or are ya better off going to the companys your going to
27-01-2020, 20:22   #28
zell12

Either way
Make sure to include cashback
Bonkers does not include the SSE cashback in comparison, check if it is cheaper
https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/
28-01-2020, 08:31   #29
CosmicFool

Was just looking at joining them and noticed that the people giving out are new so I'm not sure are they actually true or not
28-01-2020, 08:34   #30
CosmicFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits View Post
I joined them back in September as they were cheapest for our usage. No issues so far. Just got first bill.
Have you had any trouble with Iberdrola since joining?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion