Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iberdrola energy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I joined them in October, I'm getting billed, and it seems reasonable etc, but I've been unable to get online access to my account and I only received a bill via email when I queried how they could take payment without giving me sight of a bill first.
    As others have said, they seem to be attempting to serve the Irish market with little or no backup.
    I probably wouldn't have signed up if I had known this, but I'll stick with them for the 12 months and review then.

OK thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any more opinions on these guys? Look to be cheapest Dual Fuel option for my usage.

As long as the bills go out accurately I don't ask for much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Hmm, I had a chap knock on our door last night. Pleasant enough guy and showed us the offers. Spoke about the company.
    We are with Electric Ireland with both gas and elec but out of contract so decided to do the switch.

I got the email about logging into my account, which I did.
    Some observations already:
    * Chrome is telling me the site isnt secure because the certificate authority isnt valid. I dont particularly like seeing that.
    * Most of the pages have 404 including the privacy policy and terms & conditions to name but two.

I understand my current provider needs to contact me to ensure I want to change. Suffice to say, Ill see what they'll want to offer me and then stick with them as this is not great to see from a provider at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Christ there website is shocking, Got there bills when i log in and try to view/download the bill and keeps coming up "Something went wrong when trying to download your bill, please try again later" then it starts duplicating the bill download button on screen which other links doesn't work.

I also can't give in my gas meter reading as the website and app is not accepting it (And its 100% correct) so i got a estimate which was higher than it should be.

If you like fully functioning websites or apps stay clear for the time been.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Their website is comically bad

Got an email two days ago about an electricity bill. Logged in to check if the estimate was accurate (it was within about 80 units, so good there - but I think that's Networks estimating anyway!) and it initially said my account was still being set up. I moved months ago.

Logged out and in again and I could get the bill to check. Could see the headline price on a gas bill, but couldn't open it

Got the email about that bill today - its due to be taken from my account on Monday. I'm fairly certain that breaks direct debit rules to only be informed about it at that short notice (albeit I knew it was going to be coming and roughly what it was). And I still can't open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 sigfridb

I registered with Iberdrola back in November for dual energy, the switching process was easy and the price was good... The experience goes down hill from here.

The technical issues:

The app and website are a joke and never work, I'm 5 months with them and still can't download any bill from the website, getting an error each time. On the app, it's "slightly" better, I get to see a bill from time to time after trying numerous times.

Submitting the readings is near impossible, getting an error each time. I managed to submit one electricity reading successfully so far.

Impossible to submit screenshot or photos through the app support section, the app crashes every time.

Billing

I first contacted them because I still had no bills and it was past the date that the system was saying I should be billed. Eventually I got the electicity bill, a bit late but that was fine. The Gas bill took some time to be generated because of various reason given by their Customer Support.

To my surprise I got another Gas bill 3 week after the first one, even though bills are supposed to be every 2 months according to their "Code of practice and T&Cs. And 2 weeks after that bill I just got yet another gas bill!!! That's 3 Gas bills in the space of 5 weeks! Total non-sense.

The customer service

For the endless number of issues, I've contacted the support over the chat. To my surprise I got a pleasant answer extremely quickly from them (Scottish Power staff I believe), however I never got anything resolved. The agents trieds their best but they were also experiencing technical issues and unable to tell me what I was looking for.

After a while, I've filed a complaint and was told I'd get a call back from the Customer Service Manager the same afternoon or next day.
    A week later, still no calls, I've contacted them again, they asked me for my availability the next day or 2.... still no calls.
    After 2 or 3 week, I eventually got a missed call, unfortunately I was in a meeting. Got an email from the manager asking when she could call back, to which I replied instantly, it then took almost 2 week to eventually get that call.

I was given various reason to the technical issues I listed above, not very convincing but at least that was a start and I wrongly assumed it would be the end of it. My billing issues as listed above continued and I've been emailing the manager on a weekly basis for the past 3 weeks and haven't got a single response yet.

Next step: Complaint to CRU since I'm getting nowhere.

I've dealt with difficult customer services in the past (Sky, UPC, Three to name a few) but this is just unreal.

if you don't care about when you are being billed, don't submit readings ever, enjoy the cheap deals, but you won't get more than that as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

sigfridb wrote: »
    I registered with Iberdrola back in November for dual energy, the switching process was easy and the price was good... The experience goes down hill from here.

The technical issues:

The app and website are a joke and never work, I'm 5 months with them and still can't download any bill from the website, getting an error each time. On the app, it's "slightly" better, I get to see a bill from time to time after trying numerous times.

Submitting the readings is near impossible, getting an error each time. I managed to submit one electricity reading successfully so far.

Impossible to submit screenshot or photos through the app support section, the app crashes every time.

Billing

I first contacted them because I still had no bills and it was past the date that the system was saying I should be billed. Eventually I got the electicity bill, a bit late but that was fine. The Gas bill took some time to be generated because of various reason given by their Customer Support.

To my surprise I got another Gas bill 3 week after the first one, even though bills are supposed to be every 2 months according to their "Code of practice and T&Cs. And 2 weeks after that bill I just got yet another gas bill!!! That's 3 Gas bills in the space of 5 weeks! Total non-sense.

The customer service

For the endless number of issues, I've contacted the support over the chat. To my surprise I got a pleasant answer extremely quickly from them (Scottish Power staff I believe), however I never got anything resolved. The agents trieds their best but they were also experiencing technical issues and unable to tell me what I was looking for.

After a while, I've filed a complaint and was told I'd get a call back from the Customer Service Manager the same afternoon or next day.
    A week later, still no calls, I've contacted them again, they asked me for my availability the next day or 2.... still no calls.
    After 2 or 3 week, I eventually got a missed call, unfortunately I was in a meeting. Got an email from the manager asking when she could call back, to which I replied instantly, it then took almost 2 week to eventually get that call.

I was given various reason to the technical issues I listed above, not very convincing but at least that was a start and I wrongly assumed it would be the end of it. My billing issues as listed above continued and I've been emailing the manager on a weekly basis for the past 3 weeks and haven't got a single response yet.

Next step: Complaint to CRU since I'm getting nowhere.

I've dealt with difficult customer services in the past (Sky, UPC, Three to name a few) but this is just unreal.

if you don't care about when you are being billed, don't submit readings ever, enjoy the cheap deals, but you won't get more than that as it stands.

I have been using Iberdrola since Nov'19 and have the exact same issues. It doesn't seem to be fixed soon though. I have yet to receive my gas bill eventhough cusomer service said my bill would be issued in Feb'20 back in Jan'20.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 efbeef

Shocking customer service....changed in October and totally regret it. They will not take my meter readings online, they didnt issue me a bill after 2 months I had to ask for it and it took days of correspondance before I got it, you have no idea when they will take the money. The list goes on. It is all starting again as was suppose to get a bill earlier this week and nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

efbeef wrote: »
    Shocking customer service....changed in October and totally regret it. They will not take my meter readings online, they didnt issue me a bill after 2 months I had to ask for it and it took days of correspondance before I got it, you have no idea when they will take the money. The list goes on. It is all starting again as was suppose to get a bill earlier this week and nothing...

I switched end of February so have still to get my 1st bill which is due 25th of this month.
    Found them good to respond to queries but have read a lot of negative reviews but knew this at the time of switching their price was good...

If I was having your problems I would record everything and date it and request that they release you from contract worst case scenario
    you will loose €50 for getting out of contract, if you getting no satisfaction make a complaint to https://www.cru.ie/ wheather they will do any good or not.
    Surely they have no leg to stand on if they not issuing bills as stated in their terms.
    You could always move cancel their Direct debit and pay them what they bill you on their final bill less breaking fee if they try charge you this.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

efbeef wrote: »

It is always easier to submit meter readings to Networks than suppliers (not that this fixes all the other issues Iberdrola have...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Interesting feedback here. I know you get what you pay for, Eir and Permanent TSB come to mind for awful customer support, very rude and unhelpful at times but they're cheap and they work.

I think I might spend a little extra to give Iberdrola a miss though, nothing bugs me more than having to deal with poor user experiences like a ****ty app, website or having trouble phoning.

Gerard93 wrote: »
    I switched end of February so have still to get my 1st bill which is due 25th of this month.
    Found them good to respond to queries but have read a lot of negative reviews but knew this at the time of switching their price was good...

If I was having your problems I would record everything and date it and request that they release you from contract worst case scenario
    you will loose €50 for getting out of contract, if you getting no satisfaction make a complaint to https://www.cru.ie/ wheather they will do any good or not.
    Surely they have no leg to stand on if they not issuing bills as stated in their terms.
    You could always move cancel their Direct debit and pay them what they bill you on their final bill less breaking fee if they try charge you this.....

After 2 months of battling with Iberdrola and getting nowhere, I’ve raise a complaint with CRU, which rejected twice because I didn’t complete the Iberdrola complaint process and they contacted Iberdrola who said that it was still under investigation.
    The thing is that I will never complete their complaint process because they don’t follow it and never responds. It took over a month, 5 emails and 2 contacts to the customer service to get an email back from The Customer Experience Manager, a one liner. “I’m suprised no updated were communicated to you, I escalated it”. The emails were addressed to her.
    They break every single rule of their Code of Practice for which they say they should pay €35.
    This is almost a scam.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Interesting feedback here. I know you get what you pay for, Eir and Permanent TSB come to mind for awful customer support, very rude and unhelpful at times but they're cheap and they work.

I think I might spend a little extra to give Iberdrola a miss though, nothing bugs me more than having to deal with poor user experiences like a ****ty app, website or having trouble phoning.
    Wise decision I think judging by the reviews on trustpilot and here they seem to be an absolute disaster, the mainstream competitors seem pretty close in price anyway for peace of mind and zero hassle worth it... I am sorry at this stage I switched so will be interesting to see how it goes for me

After 2 months of battling with Iberdrola and getting nowhere, I’ve raise a complaint with CRU, which rejected twice because I didn’t complete the Iberdrola complaint process and they contacted Iberdrola who said that it was still under investigation.
    The thing is that I will never complete their complaint process because they don’t follow it and never responds. It took over a month, 5 emails and 2 contacts to the customer service to get an email back from The Customer Experience Manager, a one liner. “I’m suprised no updated were communicated to you, I escalated it”. The emails were addressed to her.
    They break every single rule of their Code of Practice for which they say they should pay €35.
    This is almost a scam.
    What will you do next??
    My first bill is due next week so will be interesting to see how it goes.... I have submitted 2 x readings through ESB networks as the Iberdrola app only allowed me to submit 1 x reading....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

A customer since the 17th of January and still waiting on my first bill. App said it was due on the 13th of March. I contacted customer services who informed me that ESB only read it on the 18th of March and a bill would be generated in the coming days. Contacted them again in April as still no bill and the customer service guy I got hadn't a clue. Tried to fob me off saying they were waiting on a reading from ESB until I informed him he had one on the 18th of March. Then he changed his tune and was forwarding it on to a manager. Sill no bill and still no contact from the manager. I wont be listening to bonkers.ie in the future.

Avoid this company at all costs unless you like an annual bill by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

What will you do next??
    My first bill is due next week so will be interesting to see how it goes.... I have submitted 2 x readings through ESB networks as the Iberdrola app only allowed me to submit 1 x reading....

do you mean you submit your reading to the network rather than the supplier. And if I'm reading that right could you post a link to the network page you use to submit the reading please

Edit: I found it through the CRU website
    https://www.cru.ie/home/customer-care/energy/meter-reads/
    (I'm on a mobile so I can't put in a hyperlink)

do you mean you submit your reading to the network rather than the supplier. And if I'm reading that right could you post a link to the network page you use to submit the reading please

https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/meters-readings/submit-a-meter-reading

https://www.gasnetworks.ie/home/gas-meter/submit-meter-reading/

I have never used my operator page as they often ask for extraneous info that I don't have to hand; or just don't work like Iberdrolas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

L1011 wrote: »
    https://www.esbnetworks.ie/existing-connection/meters-readings/submit-a-meter-reading

https://www.gasnetworks.ie/home/gas-meter/submit-meter-reading/

I have never used my operator page as they often ask for extraneous info that I don't have to hand; or just don't work like Iberdrolas.

Thank you

Edit: I found it through the CRU website
    https://www.cru.ie/home/customer-care/energy/meter-reads/
    (I'm on a mobile so I can't put in a hyperlink)

Hi
    I see L1011 has put up the links so Thanks for that !

I see from today they have the option to make a payment to your account through Mybills.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Completely and utterly USELESS shower. Iberdrola is actually the worst company I have ever dealt with, which says a lot as I've had the pleasure of dealing with Eir in the past.
    I'm having the same issues regarding their useless website. I've been able to get around this, to some extent, by dealing with Gas Networks Ireland and Electric Ireland instead.

The same issues with billing. I've emailed them several times, but to no avail. They just don't reply to emails. I got a generic Coronavirus email on Wednesday saying that they would be contactable as normal and gave the same email address and a contact number. So I have called the contact number several times in the last few days. It's just a pre recorded message saying that their phone lines are closed and refers you back to the email address that they don't bother even checking or replying to.
    This has been going on since November, when I joined. Absolutely useless shower. As soon as I'm out of contract I will be gone like a shot, and advising every one I can tell to avoid this absolutely hopeless incompetent lot.

• Advertisement

My first bill was due to be issued around March 25th received this on the 8th of April could not open it from the website so got in touch with them and requested an email copy which they sent immediately and was also able to view the bill online later that day.
    D/D not due to be taken until the 28th May which is almost 3 x weeks from bill date.

So far no major issues with them, they are not the cheapest out there at the moment.... my contract is not up until next Feb so will see how prices are then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Just about to switch to this firm from Energia, until I read all this.

Back to Bonkers and Switcher.ie for me.

My first bill was due to be issued around March 25th received this on the 8th of April could not open it from the website so got in touch with them and requested an email copy which they sent immediately and was also able to view the bill online later that day.
    D/D not due to be taken until the 28th May which is almost 3 x weeks from bill date.

So far no major issues with them, they are not the cheapest out there at the moment.... my contract is not up until next Feb so will see how prices are then.

I'd consider late bills, late payment dates and the website not working to be relatively major issues myself!

What will you do next??

Apologies for the late reply. So I am now "Iberdrola free", I've moved on to another energy provider.

Further to my several attempts to raise a complaint with CRU, I have had feedback from Iberdrola to all my unanswered emails.

1- They have fixed some parts of their web portal, you can now view and download bills (and apparently submit readings, but I haven't tried that). The mobile app is still the same, pretty bad.
    2- They did credit me compensations for the breaches in process according to their Code of Practice and T&Cs.
    3- They have waived the early exit fees (€50 euro for each energy).

That said if you were to move now and pay the early exit fees, you could still save between €100 and €200 over the next 12 months with the current offers of other providers.

Apologies for the late reply. So I am now "Iberdrola free", I've moved on to another energy provider.

Further to my several attempts to raise a complaint with CRU, I have had feedback from Iberdrola to all my unanswered emails.

1- They have fixed some parts of their web portal, you can now view and download bills (and apparently submit readings, but I haven't tried that). The mobile app is still the same, pretty bad.
    2- They did credit me compensations for the breaches in process according to their Code of Practice and T&Cs.
    3- They have waived the early exit fees (€50 euro for each energy).

That said if you were to move now and pay the early exit fees, you could still save between €100 and €200 over the next 12 months with the current offers of other providers.

It is good you got sorted anyway and they addressed your issues...
    I am still with them have received my first bill and they have taken payment etc, will see how it goes over the 12 months and compare rates then.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Went with them - definitely low rate but a disaster in terms of service and billing. Got a recent bill for 4 times of what should be. I am in dispute with them about their estimated extravagant readings. Dont touch them.

Gamma1 wrote: »
    Went with them - definitely low rate but a disaster in terms of service and billing. Got a recent bill for 4 times of what should be. I am in dispute with them about their estimated extravagant readings. Dont touch them.
    Did you submit Meter Readings either through their app , online or ESB Networks ???
    My latest bill was issued with the latest meter reading I submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Did you submit Meter Readings either through their app , online or ESB Networks ???
    My latest bill was issued with the latest meter reading I submitted

I was given an estimate by them which they say came from ESB Networks and I had to photograph the meter (twice for day/night), send it to them, who in turn send to Networks. Iberdrola inform me it is unlikely to be settled by the pay date and to have enough money in my account to cover a bill for nearly half my years use.

Gamma1 wrote: »
    I was given an estimate by them which they say came from ESB Networks and I had to photograph the meter (twice for day/night), send it to them, who in turn send to Networks. Iberdrola inform me it is unlikely to be settled by the pay date and to have enough money in my account to cover a bill for nearly half my years use.
    How much of a difference is there between the estimate and the Meter ??
    Are you saying that the Current Meter Reading is lower than the Estimate or ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Gamma1 wrote:

Have you contacted ESB Networks for their side of the story?

Advertisement