Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Push/Pull/Legs for Beginner

Options
  • 25-09-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Just started in a new gym with only about 8 weeks of experience in terms of devoted sessions to weights.

Was gonna use the attached as a beginner for the Push/Pull/Legs method.

Plan is to do this 3days a week - push Monday, pull Wednesday and legs Friday in addition to a spin class and a 5/10k each week as well with two rest days.

My goal is to tone my body overall and shift some stubborn fat - for the people who are more knowledgeable than me, does this look ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ladjacket wrote: »
    My goal is to tone my body overall and shift some stubborn fat - for the people who are more knowledgeable than me, does this look ok?

Your goal is dictated by diet not program.
    That's more of a bodybuilder program. I don't see the benefit in smashing area per day. IMO 3 days of balanced lifting would suit your better

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

yeah i would agree with Mellor, you would only be hitting each group of muscles once a week which wouldnt be ideal. Push/Pull/legs is a good idea and you should make some progress on it as a beginner but i think its more suited to someone training 5 or 6 days a week really.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

thanks!

what sort of balanced lifting would you recommend?

Advertisement