Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Wasn't mad about the anti hero line anyway. Very subtle.

Effects look quite rough at this stage but plenty of time to fix that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I thought someone had overdubbed it, like the guys from Bad Lip-reading, because Hardy sound silly and the dialogue is just terrible. I can't believe a person wrote it, and then it was never changed at any stage before making it on screen.

Visually it might be a bit of fun, so there's that. Maybe just mute it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Worst part of the trailer... Venom face.

Also... Is that how symbiote is pronounced?

How she pronounced it as Sim-Bye-Ote annoyed me way more than it should :pac: it's Sim-Bee-Ote FFS.

I liked the look of Venom but agree I don't like the anti- hero angle. I guess they figure that's how they will carry it without an actual hero in the film, setting up to be fighting Carnage hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Also, for some reason it seems like they lifted the music for the trailer directly from Infinity War.
    It's not just some coincidence. It's exactly the same, except maybe a key lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How she pronounced it as Sim-Bye-Ote annoyed me way more than it should :pac: it's Sim-Bee-Ote FFS.

Not entirely sure as I only watched it once this morning, but I think she said it both ways. The first time with the former, and the second with the latter. There's a sound effect slightly obscuring the dialogue, so I may have been mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

What does it mean "in association with Marvel". Normally the non-Marvel Studio films just have the "Marvel" title card, with nothing else. Does the fact it says "in association with" mean they are working alongside Marvel Studios with this being an indirect extension of the MCU in some way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,876 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks decent to me anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

He seems more like Carnage than venom in a powers sense to me.
    As in maybe to get around not having Spiderman in the film and inheriting his powers i.e wall crawling and webbing (although technically Spiderman makes his own).
    They seem have given him Carnages powers with the projecting stuff from his body.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    He seems more like Carnage than venom in a powers sense to me.
    As in maybe to get around not having Spiderman in the film and inheriting his powers i.e wall crawling and webbing (although technically Spiderman makes his own).
    They seem have given him Carnages powers with the projecting stuff from his body.

Venom could always shoot strands out of any part of his body to strike an object, stick it to things or pull them. He doesn't have the finesse or ability to leave these strands sticking out of his body for any length of time and to turn them into weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Venom looks like something from the playstation 2  . The CGI is awful looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The voice for Venom sounds a little like Lance Reddick.

The film looks interesting. I don't know very much about Venom, but I like Hardy and the film looks like it could be fun. Not expecting miracles or profundity might help its cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Very generic looking - Lab accident gone wrong, man develops "powers" and is pursued by bad guys to obtain these "powers" at all costs.

Not only that, but, to me, the trailer looked like something from the 90s. My Spidey-sense is picking up a turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He looks and sounds like Bunchy from Ray Donovan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I thought it looked quite good, has definitely got my attention now. Also that 'We Are Venom' dialogue finish is better than most things Marvel try to finish their trailers with, really well executed. I like the 'wet' look on Venom rather than a different colour Spiderman look.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

This is nailed on to be horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The non-cam version of the trailer from the Sony youtube channel:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Oh my favorite type of baddie in a super hero movie.

Corporate Dude'

That will undoubtedly transform into some crappy looking cgi monster for the finale!

Exciting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't remember: has it been confirmed whether or not this will be part of the MCU, or even some variant of the Spiderverse? If not, then I presume they're just going to try and sidestep past the fact the Venom 'suit' is meant to be a corruption of Spider-Man's.

The trailer was OK, but nothing special and about as ... obligated and uninspired as all the other Sony superhero flicks. The bike stunt was a bit naff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

pixelburp wrote: »
    I can't remember: has it been confirmed whether or not this will be part of the MCU, or even some variant of the Spiderverse? If not, then I presume they're just going to try and sidestep past the fact the Venom 'suit' is meant to be a corruption of Spider-Man's.

The trailer was OK, but nothing special and about as ... obligated and uninspired as all the other Sony superhero flicks. The bike stunt was a bit naff.

Its sort of in between its not an MCU film but apparently might have connections with Spider-man so its a Spider Verse film that may or may not have connections with Spider-man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Favourite Childhood Character ruined in 5..4..3..2..1

Poor attempt to Copy Fox's R rated Deadpool knowing that venom along with all other Spider Man characters will ultimately be handed back to Marvel after this flops hard...I feel bad for Tom Hardy..and hope Tom Holland knows to keep far, far away from this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was expecting much worse after seeing the initial teaser trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

Venom wrote: »
    I was expecting much worse after seeing the initial teaser trailer.

Don't you mean 'we were expecting much worse'?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I know nothing about the comic but the trailer looked all right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I know nothing about the comic but the trailer looked all right to me.

It's okay neither do the makers of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

his powers reminds me of The Darkness more than Venom or from the game Prototype

also this is funny

giphy.webp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm really hoping its better than the trailer let's on.

Something just felt off.

I did like the talking to the voice in his head, and the We bit. I'll give it another watch tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could it be in the MCU but more like the Netflix shows are connected to a much greater extent ?

Where the f is Spiderman when all this venom stuff is going on ??? Doing exams ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

weiland79 wrote: »
    Oh my favorite type of baddie in a super hero movie.

Corporate Dude'

That will undoubtedly transform into some crappy looking cgi monster for the finale!

Exciting.

you're not far wrong...
    you can see in the trailer that there is more than 1 symbiote.... Carnage is the big bad here.. although, I haven´t seen Woody Harrelson yet, so it's probably him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wasn't that impressed with the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I seen online, might have been Tom Hardys instagram, that the release date on a poster was 10. 5. 18.

Now, I thought it strange that it was coming out in the wake of the Avengers film, so was a bit miffed and had a bit of a mini rant until herslef pointed out it was more than likely October 5th and they were using the American way of reporting the date.

I felt like an idiot. :rolleyes: :o

Advertisement