Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venom

Options
  • 07-02-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,353 ✭✭✭✭

Trailer arrives tomorrow.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F02%2Fvenom-dom-vnm_online_1sht_tsr_rd3dimax_01_rgb.jpg&w=1100&q=85

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hardy seems a much better fit than Topher Grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

When are they gonna say one way or the other if Spidey is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

About damm time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Damn. I have an eight year old obsessed with him. He won't shut up about it for months if he sees this is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Isn’t this supposed to be a hard R rated horror film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A spider man villian in a world without Spider man ???

Big rumours that it's part of the MCU but going on the direction of all the MCU Netflix series where it's not really affecting the main MCU story??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When are they gonna say one way or the other if Spidey is in it?

I think he may have a cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone else look at that poster and think "yup thats a bra"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ps3lover wrote: »
    Isn’t this supposed to be a hard R rated horror film?

hopefully !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tefral wrote: »
    Anyone else look at that poster and think "yup thats a bra"
    Now I will...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Really Really want this to be good, but I have a nagging feeling they won't be able to get the character right, not just visually.

They can't really go the anti-hero route like Deadpool so it'll be very interesting to see how they set up Venom and then how they use him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

How long has it been the case that we need a five second burst-montage to grab our attention before the trailer actually begins? Have we become so moronic, so distracted by anything, that we need a super-cut (usually of explosions and action) to get our attention?

When that happens it makes me think: "Quick, kids! Look what's coming! Be ready!"

Trailers worked perfectly fine in the past with a proper introduction.

Anyway, I like Hardy as an actor, but I don't know anything really about Venom. He's the extra-dimensional virus/bug thing that comes to blows with Spiderman, right? I vaguely remember him having a black suit and long tongue in the old cartoon series I used to watch.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

will56 wrote: »
    Really Really want this to be good, but I have a nagging feeling they won't be able to get the character right, not just visually.

They can't really go the anti-hero route like Deadpool so it'll be very interesting to see how they set up Venom and then how they use him

Why wouldn't they go the anyti hero route? Venom was always more anti-hero than straight up villain from what I remember.

Either way that trailer looks bland as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not a great trailer.

Needed a good money shot at the end. Eddie Brock shaking his head and going nuts isn't something that makes you go "WOW, now I want to see that!"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a quick question,is the picture in the background in the cat scan room taken in Ireland,looks a lot like the lake and valley used in Vikings.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,162 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just a quick question,is the picture in the background in the cat scan room taken in Ireland,looks a lot like the lake and valley used in Vikings.

Mountains in that pic look a fair bit steeper and bigger than where Vikings is filmed.

Too big to embed but this is the spot in wicklow you're thinking of I think: https://i0.wp.com/atriptoireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Lough-Tay-Viking-Set-2013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Falthyron wrote: »
    How long has it been the case that we need a five second burst-montage to grab our attention before the trailer actually begins? Have we become so moronic, so distracted by anything, that we need a super-cut (usually of explosions and action) to get our attention?

When that happens it makes me think: "Quick, kids! Look what's coming! Be ready!"

Trailers worked perfectly fine in the past with a proper introduction.

Anyway, I like Hardy as an actor, but I don't know anything really about Venom. He's the extra-dimensional virus/bug thing that comes to blows with Spiderman, right? I vaguely remember him having a black suit and long tongue in the old cartoon series I used to watch.

Apparently, it's something to do with how the trailers can pop up as ads on youtube/phone apps and they are trying to make sure people don't skip them. Still really irritating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That might be the most generic trailer ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Some can get away with the less is more approach, others need to come flying out of the traps from the off. This teaser should have been the latter.

Seen some bloke on Facebook refer to it as one of those shat fan made YT trailers.....he's not far off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They probably don't have the CGI looking anywhere decent, so held off on a proper money shot.

Looks pretty bland, but i'm ok waiting for a better trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kiith wrote: »
    They probably don't have the CGI looking anywhere decent, so held off on a proper money shot.

Looks pretty bland, but i'm ok waiting for a better trailer.

You'd have to think, cut off from the MCU and with a side character most people haven't heard of, they'll be under more pressure to need to sell this to audiences than other comic book stuff. They've certainly time enough to still get people interested though.

But yeah, that was nothing in particular.
    If it wasn't for gratuitous exploding SUVs it could've been a trailer one of those spooooky psychological thrillers I don't like.

Also, his voice/accent was annoying.
    His own voice is fine, but I don't think I've liked him putting on non-english accents.

Admittedly, I've got Bane and this to go on from memory but it's not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It is a teaser and for a teaser it did a good job, much better than the solo trailer IMO, I dont want them giving away Vemon's look too early before the VFX are finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A spider man villian in a world without Spider man ???

Big rumours that it's part of the MCU but going on the direction of all the MCU Netflix series where it's not really affecting the main MCU story??

Venom transcended being a Spider-man villain though, due to his popularity in the 90's, so should be able to carry a franchise by himself. He's gone from being majorly over-used to criminally under-used by Marvel, so hard to gauge his popularity as he's no longer a household name. But in saying that, from a story point of view, hard to see how he can tackle Carnage without Spider-mans help.

Sam Rockwell's performance as 'Wild Bill' in the Green Mile would have been perfect for Cletus Cassidy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Mr E wrote: »
    Not a great trailer.

Needed a good money shot at the end. Eddie Brock shaking his head and going nuts isn't something that makes you go "WOW, now I want to see that!"

My first reaction was something like...

OH ****, LOOKA THE BLACK STUFF CREEPING UP THE VEINS OF HIS NECK :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Trailer was "ok", I reckon the theory that the cgi work on Venom isn't complete could be accurate. I'd rather wait and see a proper Venom than have a laughing-stock Commodore 64 effort flying around the screen.

The thinking is we'll get a first glimpse at him in the Comic Con trailer.

Also, here's an improved poster done by the awesome BossLogic

v7r35n79o3f01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ok, watched that a fair few times.

Trailer due in a few hours / early tommorrow so I'd say it'll stay up.

Only 8 seconds but it's definitely a money shot. Looking at the replies... That Venom Vs current Spiderman! I assume in a different film later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Worst part of the trailer... Venom face.

Also... Is that how symbiote is pronounced?

Advertisement