Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Centra sell concert tickets?
    blastman wrote: »
    The one in Swords does.

That's the one i went to ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

got mine, see you all at a board drink before it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Ordered mine this morning. Man I cannot wait for this gig. I've been waiting forever to see them! Gonna be so, so class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Got this morning - me and the missus are as excited as kids going to Disneyland - but we want to see them NOW!

Saw them at rock-am-ring last year and they were totally amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Here's a little treat:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭dirtypanties

Manchester here I come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

One ticket bought. Now to see if anyone else I know is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Want to see them, but can't currently afford tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I hope they sing my song :P

Veles wrote: »
    Who wants to meet up for a pint before the gig?

I'd say a meet-up will be definite with the amount of people going!

And I quote.......
    Veles wrote: »
    Yey!:D i will do a cover of Moskau for all of ye :D

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah meeting up before hand sounds like a cool plan. This gig is gonna be so epic! And there will be an awesome atmosphere at it. Haven't seen as much interest in a gig in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I only started listening to them 3 days ago and now I find out there playing the O2 in Feburary... really considering going but don't know anyone else that would really be into them to go with but after looking at a few of their shows on youtube :eek::eek: looks feckin amazing...

if ye're going to be having a few beers beforehand I wouldn't mind heading...

dunno how I've managed to overlook this band before now... really missing out so I was

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I only started listening to them 3 days ago and now I find out there playing the O2 in Feburary... really considering going but don't know anyone else that would really be into them to go with but after looking at a few of their shows on youtube :eek::eek: looks feckin amazing...

if ye're going to be having a few beers beforehand I wouldn't mind heading...

dunno how I've managed to overlook this band before now... really missing out so I was

sucks not to have someone to drag, don't miss out though, there's loads of boardsies going, sure tag along! If you've not seen it already I'd recommend looking up their playlist for live at volkerball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvglFZUQAg&playnext=1&list=PL8926C4EB33A69AAE

Just acquired it >_>, makes me so excited watching it........ages away though :|

--LOS-- wrote: »
    sucks not to have someone to drag, don't miss out though, there's loads of boardsies going, sure tag along! If you've not seen it already I'd recommend looking up their playlist for live at volkerball...

Just acquired it >_>, makes me so excited watching it........ages away though :|

I spent all this afternoon watching that :D then I google rammstein tour ireland and see it up on ticketmaster...

gonna try to scrape the few euro together and get a ticket if I can at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

On Friday morning after buying my tickets I watched Volkerball, Live Aus Berlin and Bizarre 96 all one after the other, now there aint a hope in hell I am going to be able to wait until February to see them. The excitement is just too damn much for me too handle. I just very well may have to try and source tickets for one of the German gigs of a tout to put out the fire that burns within me for Rammstein for a wee bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Ooh I ordered the Volkerball dvd on friday. Should be good. Can't wait to watch it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Ooh I ordered the Volkerball dvd on friday. Should be good. Can't wait to watch it.:D

Awesome DVD especially for Rein Raus which was recorded in London

Awesome DVD especially for Rein Raus which was recorded in London

I vowed for years, that if ever a situation arose wherein I needed entrance music that Rein Raus would be the one, with nothing else ever up for consideration.

Then finally last November I fought my housemate in a charity fight night and came out to it, not too many people knew what was going on :D

But by god it rocked the joint!

Superb entrance music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Got my ticket. :D

Cannot wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

It's an awesome DVD. :) The only problem is that Till's throat is a little dry and it's reflect in his singing. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

A capella Du Hast = Win.
    (Sorry if this has been posted here already)

jamezy wrote: »
    A capella Du Hast = Win.
    (Sorry if this has been posted here already)

Post #206 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I saw Rammstein support KMFDM in the tiny Edge nightclub in Palo Alto, California back in December 1997. Ticket was only $12 (still have the stub). They did a simulated sex thing with lots of liquid and one of the band got in a rubber dingy and crowd surfed. Fantastic music and stage show.

After the gig there were guys giving out cassette singles (yeah, I'm that old) with Du Hast on it. That's when I started buying their albums.

A year later I saw the in Cow Palace as part of the Family Values tour, with Ice Cube and others. Lots of pyro and the same sex thing. Some of the intensity was lost in the larger venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Got my tickets,get in there!!!

any idea who might be supporting them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Crystal Swing featuring Amanda Brunker

There's been no mention of support at all. I hope to christ it's not combichrist!!

There's been no mention of support at all. I hope to christ it's not combichrist!!

SNAP!

God they are pretty poor now I must say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

got my ticket today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Really should get my tickets to this on friday... I'll probably cry if I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Nea wrote: »

whats the ramstien version. cant find it on youtube?

Vanhalla wrote: »
    whats the ramstien version. cant find it on youtube?

It's after the original version in that clip. It's a kind of Rammstein-style version of the song. It starts at 2:15 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

It's after the original version in that clip. It's a kind of Rammstein-style version of the song. It starts at 2:15 ;)

yes i know. i meant did ramstein do a version themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I'd go but I hate the O2 with a passion. Also, come on, no chance I'm paying 60 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd go but I hate the O2 with a passion. Also, come on, no chance I'm paying 60 euro.

That's your loss then, i've been to hundreds of gigs since the mid 80's and Rammstein 5 yrs ago in Birmingham is in the top 3, if ever a band was worthy of a 60euro ticket then it's these guys

what's wrong with the o2? It's not often I hear people give out about it.

It's too big. If you're sitting on the balcony you're too far away. It's too warm during the summer.(I'd say about 40 people fainted at Maiden last year) Finally..... they sell popcorn and snacks of that ilk........ at metal concerts, unthinkable. This in particular annoys the hell out of me.

It's too big. If you're sitting on the balcony you're too far away. It's too warm during the summer.(I'd say about 40 people fainted at Maiden last year) Finally..... they sell popcorn and snacks of that ilk........ at metal concerts, unthinkable. This in particular annoys the hell out of me.

Get a standing ticket
    Rammstein are playing in February

That's two out of three gripes sorted straight away

Get a standing ticket
    Rammstein are playing in February

That's two out of three gripes sorted straight away

Two out of four.

• Advertisement

Two out of four.

You only mentioned 3 ;)

Here's a 3rd solution - bring ham sandwiches so that you don't have to buy popcorn or "snacks of that ilk".

Remember, a lot more goes on in the O2 besides metal gigs!

I said it was too big as well, and it is, for metal shows anyway. Another problem I have is you have to share the Luas back with culchies and nordies who have nothing better to do but b**ch about how crap Dublin is. Not that I have a problem with either group but come on, you're in the capital show a bit of respect. For some reason culchies become weird when they reach the "big shmoke"

Back on topic, I tend not to eat at metal gigs, being a traditionalist and I would nearly start a fight with a f***er for eating a bucket of popcorn at a metal gig. It's unnatural and quite frankly unnerving. I know that other stuff goes on in the O2 but they could close the popcorn place for metal gigs. Or maybe they leave it open for profiling purposes.

Add the price of beer to the list too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

you're right Shreddingblood, you should stay home that night, you'd not enjoy it.

I said it was too big as well, and it is, for metal shows anyway. Another problem I have is you have to share the Luas back with culchies and nordies who have nothing better to do but b**ch about how crap Dublin is. Not that I have a problem with either group but come on, you're in the capital show a bit of respect. For some reason culchies become weird when they reach the "big shmoke"

Back on topic, I tend not to eat at metal gigs, being a traditionalist and I would nearly start a fight with a f***er for eating a bucket of popcorn at a metal gig. It's unnatural and quite frankly unnerving. I know that other stuff goes on in the O2 but they could close the popcorn place for metal gigs. Or maybe they leave it open for profiling purposes.

Add the price of beer to the list too.

You won't be able to smoke your pipe in there either and you might get your foot broken if you wear your slippers :D

old gregg wrote: »
    you're right Shreddingblood, you should stay home that night, you'd not enjoy it.

You're right , I stay home, I stay home from gig. Maybe I read.

• Advertisement
Advertisement