Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

referendum on Covid approach

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You are not at all required to leave your children unattended in a public space, what are you talking about? , if you did such a thing, that would be your decision, no one else's and your responsibility and I might add would be disturbing and Reckless, I'm not getting how your equating restrictions to child Abandonment, it's beyond absurd. I can understand anyone's frustration at the past year but seriously!!
    I'm not. I can't explain it anymore than I have.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    If you follow the rules then why were you getting all prissy about the shop doing the same?

Actually, they didn't follow the rules and allowed you and your kids in the shop and you still got prissy.

Then you say you can't leave the kids with someone because they may develop symptoms. But also, that restrictions aren't needed so how could they develop symptoms.

So which is it? Follow the rules or don't follow them? Restrictions are needed or they aren't?

Don't bother answering, it's clear you're determined to be outraged about something and will ignore any and all logic in order to do so.

Their rules were their own rules, it didn't apply to other places. That's my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

It was done for foot and mouth.. just asking a question.

But you’ve conveniently ignored the other part of my post.

What’s the point of asking this bizarre question 16 months after the event?

Why would we have a referendum on how to tackle Covid now?

Or is this a wind up?

I'm literally about to go for a run along a beach, there's nothing stopping you from going to a beach.

Yeah, there is. I don't live close to one and the one time we wanted to go the guards are turning people back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This thread has managed to avoid lockdown anyway.

ineedeuro wrote: »
    :P
    Seriously you need two people to pick something out for the house?
    If that is the case one walks in with looks around, find anything they like just facetime the person in the car

Oh Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Notmything

Hopefully the next pandemic will give us a heads up before it starts so we can pick a date for the referendum and what options will be out to the public.

Before I vote OP, can you tell us what you do for a living and your educational background?

I'm a qualified rocket scientist but my day job is a pleasure beast for all cummers....
    Tell ya what buddy, move to the top right corner of you browser and hit X. It's a survey, don't answer it, get out of your basement and make your folks a cup of tea.
    You're obviously a superior, highly intelligent person, but I don't answer to you and I don't answer to the government.. the government answers to the people of the country. The sooner people here wake up to that the better.
    If people want to stay locked down till 2023 or 2024 then let them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Hi, i don't believe in having this lockdown, i suggest we have a referendum on how we approach tackling Covid. with that, can we have a vote on what approach to take instead of being dictated to. option 4 is what i would go for, this would entail better cleaning in pubs . restroom attendants at busy times, limit numbers in pubs/nightclubs for the next year or two depending on the virus. less travelling around to pubs, book yer pub like a resturant or concert. basically a better public health approach to how pubs operate. i would open everything else up backto normal, but if someone was afraid of the virus or wanted to stay isolated then they can be given the supports to do so(e.g. elderly people with other health concerns)

This is a windup right ??

A referendum on the response to a pandemic? You want to put a clause in the Constitution that says in the event of a global pandemic let pubs open ??

I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Yeah, there is. I don't live close to one and the one time we wanted to go the guards are turning people back

I thought you said you were following the rules?

I think you're making this up as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

I'm a qualified rocket scientist but my day job is a pleasure beast for all cummers....
    Tell ya what buddy, move to the top right corner of you browser and hit X. It's a survey, don't answer it, get out of your basement and make your folks a cup of tea.
    You're obviously a superior, highly intelligent person, but I don't answer to you and I don't answer to the government.. the government answers to the people of the country. The sooner people here wake up to that the better.
    If people want to stay locked down till 2023 or 2024 then let them.

I hate to break to to you but the government make the laws of the land, and you and everyone have to follow them.

You might not like it, but unless you find another island and start a Lord of the Flies kinda gig, you’re stuck with them.

Maybe you could have a referendum when you get to the island, on whether you should go to the island!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Rather than sanction a dozen or more posters, I'm going to lock this thread. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Please read the charter before posting in this forum, particularly:

High standards of debate and quality posts / threads are required. Repeated one liner, low quality style posts will result in a ban. Threads (and posts) that are not based on serious and legitimate Political discussion will be deleted without warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement