Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Anyone covered this little piece of stoopid yet?

“We ask it in the name of the monotheistic God… God known by many names and by many different faiths. Amen, and awoman,” said Mr Cleaver, a representative from Missouri and an ordained United Methodist pastor.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/congress-prayer-cleaver-amen-awoman-b1781843.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,057 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well I like girls too does that help

Technically, no :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Omackeral wrote: »
    It’s honestly not easy to tell at times what’s parody and what is not.

Doubly so for the people who are so primed to be outraged at even the slightest bit of silliness they see on the web and then go running around like Chicken Licken claiming all sorts of hysterical nonsense.

I think this is a major part of the Titania MaGrath twitter account - I've honestly seen poeple quote her in debates in the same way people occasionally quote The Onion.

And therein lies the problem with the woke crowd: they aren't offended, they're angry and use the emotions to hide behind the fact that ultimately aren't all that intelligent. Consequently, everything gets blown out of proportion way too much attention in the same way tabloids do.

The "problem" doesn't just lie with the woke crowd though. The other "side" is just as bad. The ones who love searching out this tripe, getting all worked up about it and then go spreading it around further than it ever would have got in the first place.

The two camps a choc-a-bloc with cretins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tony EH wrote: »
    The "problem" doesn't just lie with the woke crowd though. The other "side" is just as bad. The ones who love searching out this tripe, getting all worked up about it and then go spreading it around further than it ever would have got in the first place.

The two camps a choc-a-bloc with cretins.

Ah the old they're-both-as-bad-as-each-other, last seen on this Island whenever a loyalist paramilitary walked into a catholic area and sprayed a shop full of punters with bullets

The "other" crowd arent trying to run people off social media and get them fired from their jobs until all opposing viewpoints are silenced, so the false equivalence can go away and ****e.

Bambi wrote: »
    Ah the old they're-both-as-bad-as-each-other, last seen on this Island whenever a loyalist paramilitary walked into a catholic area and sprayed a shop full of punters with bullets

The "other" crowd arent trying to run people off social media and get them fired from their jobs until all opposing viewpoints are silenced, so the false equivalence can go away and ****e.

With the shite you've just typed, you're in no place to make accusations of "false equivalence". :rolleyes:

Trying to equate paramilitary murder with Twitter spats. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Elmo wrote: »
    This might be connected to that

*More interhemispheric connectivity in females

Yes, but isn't the male brain optimised for intrahemispheric communication.

Sorry, how is this the same thing?

For a start, which side represents which in the analogy? Who's just a punter in a shop? Did the punters do something or are they innocent bystanders in the woke or anti-woke crowd just, eh "punting"? Or are the woke crowd armed now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

• Advertisement

With the shite you've just typed, you're in no place to make accusations of "false equivalence". :rolleyes:

Trying to equate paramilitary murder with Twitter spats. FFS.

It's the same oul nonsense, both sides are as bad as each other, desperately trying to dismiss something that you don't want to acknowledge.

It's the same oul nonsense, both sides are as bad as each other, desperately trying to dismiss something that you don't want to acknowledge.

But in your analogy, one side were people in a shop and other side just walked in and gunned them down. How is this "as bad as eash other"?

Wihtout getting up on some moral highhorse, please.

Internet spats and an occupation of a country leading to a paramilitary war are not even remotely the same thing.

Stop talking crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If I make the statement that one side is just as bad as the other, regardless of how bad each side in whatever context they are as bad as one another.

A general thing with the history of the North is to state "look at what the nationalist did", followed by "but look at what the unionist did", and so on and so fore.

It's very easy to turn around and say "but they are as bad as one another". It has nothing to do with the problems that exist with in the north or describing someone as a terrorist. The poster is just describing the problem with such a statement.

Kind of like saying "But you started it".

The poster is just point out that its very easy to say that the woke crowd and the un-woke are as bad as one another.

The question is where is the middle?

The middle, in case of the thread topic, is the vast majority of people laughing at the cretins on both sides. Those who claim all sorts of gibberish new paradigms usually on behalf of a group of people who never asked for their disingenuous heroics in the first place, and the other bunch of morons who claim that the sky is falling in because the left, queers, trannies or brown people are coming to take over.

Each fringe is just as bad as one another in their nonsense.

And it has fuck all to do with the conflict that occurred in Northern Ireland in any way. That's simply a ludicrous attempt at an analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

And it has fuck all to do with the conflict that occurred in Northern Ireland in any way. That's simply a ludicrous attempt at an analogy.

That's just what Hitler would say :pac:

If I make the statement that one side is just as bad as the other, regardless of how bad each side in whatever context they are as bad as one another.

A general thing with the history of the North is to state "look at what the nationalist did", followed by "but look at what the unionist did", and so on and so fore.

It's very easy to turn around and say "but they are as bad as one another". It has nothing to do with the problems that exist with in the north or describing someone as a terrorist. The poster is just describing the problem with such a statement.

Kind of like saying "But you started it".

The poster is just point out that its very easy to say that the woke crowd and the un-woke are as bad as one another.

Except that that's not what said poster is doing - his terrorist version portrays one side as vicious murdderers and the other as innocent bystanders.

And even if he did correctly portray it, it's still inaccurate because the woke crowd don't engage the non-woke crowd - they engage what they feel (wrongly or rigthly) are social injustices. So in effect there are three parties instead of two.

Fruthermore, vengeance is a big part of the Northern Ireland conflict, whist nothing to do with the woke/anti-woke dispute.

So, if you care to enlighten me as to how "as bad as the other" relates to both conflicts - accurately and simultaneously - I'd love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Er-EHs-SOWMAIw-ZXK.jpg

I don't think depicting a Muslim as a Christian saint is kosher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Danish kids tv-show about a man with a giant penis he can't control and of course the #metoo crowd have gone mad. I'm guessing one of two of the anti-woke crown might be in agreement.

This might - just might - have the nutjobs on both side of the fence coming (no pun intended) together...

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/children-s-tv-show-about-man-with-giant-penis-airs-in-denmark-1.4451619

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Danish kids tv-show about a man with a giant penis he can't control and of course the #metoo crowd have gone mad. I'm guessing one of two of the anti-woke crown might be in agreement.

This might - just might - have the nutjobs on both side of the fence coming (no pun intended) together...

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/children-s-tv-show-about-man-with-giant-penis-airs-in-denmark-1.4451619

"DR responded to the latest criticism by saying it could just as easily have made a programme “about a woman with no control over her vagina” and that the most important thing was that children enjoyed John Dillermand."

Make that show. A big gobbly sheela na gig stalking toon town.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    "DR responded to the latest criticism by saying it could just as easily have made a programme “about a woman with no control over her vagina” and that the most important thing was that children enjoyed John Dillermand."

Make that show. A big gobbly sheela na gig stalking toon town.

Maybe they did - sounds like a B-movie I watched back in the 80s...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watched both clips and cant see any rioting.

Except that that's not what said poster is doing - his terrorist version portrays one side as vicious murdderers and the other as innocent bystanders.

Nope.

Try again.

Nope.

Try again.

I've pointed out several inaccuracies in three posts and requested multiple clarifications. I most certainly am NOT going to try again.

But in your analogy, one side were people in a shop and other side just walked in and gunned them down. How is this "as bad as eash other"?

Wihtout getting up on some moral highhorse, please.

And even if he did correctly portray it, it's still inaccurate because the woke crowd don't engage the non-woke crowd - they engage what they feel (wrongly or rigthly) are social injustices. So in effect there are three parties instead of two.

Fruthermore, vengeance is a big part of the Northern Ireland conflict, whist nothing to do with the woke/anti-woke dispute.

So, if you care to enlighten me as to how "as bad as the other" relates to both conflicts - accurately and simultaneously - I'd love to hear it.
    Sorry, how is this the same thing?

For a start, which side represents which in the analogy? Who's just a punter in a shop? Did the punters do something or are they innocent bystanders in the woke or anti-woke crowd just, eh "punting"? Or are the woke crowd armed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭AllForIt

AllForIt wrote: »
    I was listening to a race debate on UK media recently. They were talking about black visibility, for e.g. in soap operas (yawn) and that sort of thing, mostly TV.
    Proportional representation is not what they are after, it's equal representation, i.e. the same number of black ppl on TV whether it's news, drama, weather forcasting. 50/50 b/w and noting less.

Sorry to quote myself, but I tuned into RTE today as the lottery numbers were being pulled. Guess what, a Johnny Foreigner presenting the show. Just like I said, the diversity Nazi's want it seen everywhere, like I said even in trivial areas such as weather forecasting, etc.

Imagine you went to Pakistan and an Irishman was pulling the numbers for their version of the lotto. Or you went to China and a Spaniard was pulling the numbers.

Any problem in itself? No. But the efforts RTE go to to pander to this diversity nonsense is unreal. The whole point is they went to the effort rather than it was ever a naturally occurring thing in the first place. No way did it come about naturally. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Youve done this before Emmet, where is the 'woke' ...

You should be more clear in what youre getting at, for example this tweet...

https://twitter.com/nward905/status/1346904566449795077

#StayWoke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was it an ageist thing???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement