Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

mindhorn wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between the F1 and E60?

Just following up on this and see that the seller for both is the below. No other option for new versions of either. Genuine products I presume?

shenzhenshifutianqufutianjiedaofuhuashequ
    fuhonglu 4hao huaqianggarden Azuo 31B
    shenzhen
    futian
    Guangdong
    CN

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got a pair of LG Tone Free FN4's free with a TV over weekend.

Haven't gotten yet but seem to have decent reviews

Missus also picked up a pair reduced on Amazon for €50.

Anyone tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Out of Stock....boooo

Outliers back in stock tomorrow. Looks like they're still reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Has anyone tried the Irish Earphones, BXS-HD1 True Wireless Stereo Earphones by Onesonic, seems like a good price?

https://onesonic.com/product/bxs-hd1-true-wireless-stereo-earphones/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

i was looking for an adaptor that could link up your wireless headphones to a TV, i suppose would be a bluetooth adaptor, does anyone know of any?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    i was looking for an adaptor that could link up your wireless headphones to a TV, i suppose would be a bluetooth adaptor, does anyone know of any?

usb powered

works assuming that your tv has 3.5mm audio out

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZXFD-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Connections-Wireless-1/dp/B08LZ7GFS8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2892GULC6SL41&dchild=1&keywords=tv+bluetooth+transmitter&qid=1606766202&sprefix=tv+blue%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-4

seems like there may be a time lag with that one - maybe look into a better product...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

showpony1 wrote: »
    I have this, working perfectly almost 2 years - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957558209.html
    There is a newer one but I haven't tried it - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32951982010.html
    Both of these are recommended too, I saw them after my purchase, and are apparently better. Laziness has been the only reason I haven't bought either.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954167592.html
    More expensive
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32840887897.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ I got this few months back.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001153937245.html

It's more expensive but works very well. No lag while watching telly, which was my main criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Hi everyone,

That age old question of any recommendations on what in ear bud to get, never had a pair, been looking myself on amazon but am frazzled at this stage with all the different types on there/selection.

Preferbly would be looking for ones that are:

-In ear bud/no wires,
    -noise cancelling
    -Won't fall out easily
    -Good battery life
    -very good battery life & waterproof
    -budget about €150-170ish with some flexibility

Won't be used for gym/sport, mainly listeneing to podcasts/radio/music.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

54and56 wrote: »
    Check out the Mpow M30 Plus. Excellent fit, excellent sound and 100 hours of use from the "Plus" case which also doubles as a powerbank for charging your phone on the go.

Just ordered these, hopefully they are good and like the sound of the powerbank included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

upinthesky wrote: »
    Just ordered these, hopefully they are good and like the sound of the powerbank included.

They are fantastic I haven charged my holder yet, I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

That age old question of any recommendations on what in ear bud to get, never had a pair, been looking myself on amazon but am frazzled at this stage with all the different types on there/selection.

Preferbly would be looking for ones that are:

-In ear bud/no wires,
    -noise cancelling
    -Won't fall out easily
    -Good battery life
    -very good battery life & waterproof
    -budget about €150-170ish with some flexibility

Won't be used for gym/sport, mainly listeneing to podcasts/radio/music.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

I've being using the Jabra Elite Active 75t for the last six months and I have to say that I'm impressed with both sound and call quality. They recently received a firmware upgrade which included ANC. When used with the accompanying app they can be set up for your hearing and it also includes an equaliser which again can be adapted for your personal taste.
    They've been superseded by a new model, the 85t, so are now available for around €160 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

These look interesting. Have a cool app to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They are fantastic I haven charged my holder yet, I love them.

Mine arrived at the weekend but I haven't had a chance to use them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I've being using the Jabra Elite Active 75t for the last six months and I have to say that I'm impressed with both sound and call quality. They recently received a firmware upgrade which included ANC. When used with the accompanying app they can be set up for your hearing and it also includes an equaliser which again can be adapted for your personal taste.
    They've been superseded by a new model, the 85t, so are now available for around €160 or less.

Thanks for the reply The Gardener. Is the 85t superior than 75t?
    Is the difference between the two worth forking out the extra cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply The Gardener. Is the 85t superior than 75t?
    Is the difference between the two worth forking out the extra cash?

The 85t has a dedicated chip for ANC, whereas the 75t had ANC upgraded on to its existing chip AFAIK. From what little I've read about the 85t, sound quality is just the same. In my opinion, ANC only comes in to its own on over ear headphones, while noticeable on the 75t, I rarely use it. If it were me, I'd go for the 75t. There is no technical difference between the 75t and the Active 75t, the latter is for sports use and is waterproof (ish).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I don't like those bulky true wireless things. They just do not stay in while exercising.

I would go for either these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-UTWS1-Bluetooth-Ears-Connector/dp/B081MYK27K

or
    these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-okcsc-Earphone-Connector-Detachable-MMCX/dp/B07T7NDNJX

They are rock solid, in a few minutes they aren't even noticed. You can use any IEMS you like with them too which is a huge bonus if you own a lot of IEMS like me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭dingdangdoo22

Sorry to jump in but can anyone recommend a pair of over ear noise cancelling headphones for about 100 ?

Sorry to jump in but can anyone recommend a pair of over ear noise cancelling headphones for about 100 ?

This is on offer for £75:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078VGQCZ4/ref=twister_B079K2LLH9

Or slightly updated version for £77
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WH-CH710N-Cancelling-Headphones-Assistant-Black/dp/B086LLYK4S/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Wife has the Sony WH-CH700N and I have to say the active noise cancelling is pretty weak on them, I was disappointed.

I bought the Soundcore Q20 and found the ANC to be much better and very comfortable. My only negative is the lack of USB type C.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancellation-Playtime-Black/dp/B07NM3RSRQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2BJFUY34OIA4B&dchild=1&keywords=soundcore+headphones+q20&qid=1606998554&sprefix=soundcore+headphones+q2%2Celectronics%2C178&sr=8-3

• Advertisement

Wife has the Sony WH-CH700N and I have to say the active noise cancelling is pretty weak on them, I was disappointed.

I bought the Soundcore Q20 and found the ANC to be much better and very comfortable. My only negative is the lack of USB type C.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancellation-Playtime-Black/dp/B07NM3RSRQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2BJFUY34OIA4B&dchild=1&keywords=soundcore+headphones+q20&qid=1606998554&sprefix=soundcore+headphones+q2%2Celectronics%2C178&sr=8-3

thanks might taka a chance on them, sound is decent too? I will use them mainly on the treadmill to listen to podcasts as current gym music too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Same. My better half has the WH-CH700N and I’ve the Soundcore Q20.

Q20’s ANC wins hands down!

thanks might taka a chance on them, sound is decent too? I will use them mainly on the treadmill to listen to podcasts as current gym music too loud.

Sound quality is very good and you have a option to add more bass if you want. holds charge well, especially if you dont use the ANC much and comfy to wear.

If you are working out, the leather(ish) ear cups may get a bit sweaty but as I use them for chilling out to music ive not had any problem.

How does the sound quality of Soundcore Q20 compares with WH-CH700N?

I usually find Sony sound quality to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

coldfire1x wrote: »

700Ns infijd are great for everything except noise cancellation and portability.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NM3RSRQ

It will work out slightly cheaper even with the extra delivery charges.

These were down to about £36 during the black friday week.

yeah i saw that kicking myself now

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

glasso wrote: »
    got these and tested them out

phone call quality is exceptional - other person can hear you very very clearly.

brilliant for podcasts

for music listening they are very good but I would say that a good pair of the ones that can be inserted further your ear give you a more immersive bass sound. still very good.

if you're looking for something for phone /zoom calls, podcasts and also music (but not audiophile level) then very good.

could be used for running / jogging - won't easily fall out or anything like that.

touch controls are very good and accurate for volume, start/stop and next/previous

can't comment on battery life really

Ordered this when I saw your post and it arrived today.

I ordered it for phone calls, I will test it out more in the coming days. Seems to work very well from first inspection. Microphone included on each earphone. Person on other end of phone can hear you very well.

However, the touch buttons on the earphones require you to be cautious during a phone call - if you accidentally touch the top of it, it will end the call. But a very cool feature all the same. Maybe all modern wireless earphones are like this!

Music sound quality is good also.

Thanks glasso!

coldfire1x wrote: »

Honestly I have listened to my q20 for so long I can't remember if the Sony is better / worse / same.

For the price range, I'm very happy sticking with the Soundcore for sound and comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Trojan wrote: »
    I just got the E60s. The sound quality for music & podcasts is ok, and a test call was reported as "ok" by the recipient. However, there's a tonne of voice reverb when making calls that I don't get on the wired iPhone headset.

(When I say voice reverb, what I'm talking about is hearing your own voice coming through as a strong base like when you stick your fingers in your ears and say something).

This could be something that's endemic to all wireless earphones, but it makes it pretty much unusable for me. For context, I have 17 calls scheduled for today - that much reverb kills the option of using these.

Can anyone confirm if the Apple Airpods (regular or Pro) have this kind of reverb? Am I doomed to sticking with the wired headset?
    Trojan wrote: »
    I did some more testing with the ENACFIRE E60s, listening to podcasts, music and doing a couple more calls.

They feel very secure in the ear, no fear of losing them.

The touch controls are a bit annoying when you're not wearing - it's very easy to start a podcast or music playing by picking them up and hitting the touch surface. On the other hand, the touch controls are fantastic when they're actually in use - my only criticism is there's a second of lag to pause. Other than that, the single click, double click and hold to change volume are all brilliant and become intuitive very quickly.

Sound quality:
    Music: sound quality is good but not perfect
    Podcasts: sound quality is perfectly good for voice podcasts
    Calls - there are 3 aspects to consider:
    1) I can hear the other party just fine (same as a voice podcast)
    2) They can hear me just fine (it's been reported to me as better than my car handsfree bluetooth, but not as good as the iPhone headset)
    3) Unfortunately, the reverb of my own voice makes it unusable for frequent calls

They're certainly great quality for under €40, just not quite right for what I need them for.

Brief update on all of this:

1) I got the Apple Airpods and I'm using them daily. The call sound quality is not as good over bluetooth as it is on the wired mic, but it's good enough, and I don't get any voice reverb, which is the most important for me.

2) I posted the above review of the Enacfire on Amazon and - while I don't want to give too much detail because I don't want people to abuse their goodwill - I think their customer service was top notch to the extent that I'll be actively looking for more of their products.

HTH

Advertisement