Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone speak Spanish?

• 23-08-2016 10:41pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2

If so maybe you could translate something for me? I can't use Google translate since I've no way of knowing the spelling of these phrases.

Basically, I work with a bunch of Spanish speakers and they all seem to have a nickname for me. They will always call me "Merry Cone" whatever that means. Sometimes it is "Peachy Merry Cone". I figure this refers to some type of ice cream they have in Spain. One day I told them I prefer the orange flavour which they found hilarious. Occasionally they will also call me "Merry Connette".

Anyway I'm glad I make people laugh and be happy but I'm really curious as to what these phrases mean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Si Senor. Je parle deutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bad troll is a bad troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Your spelling is wrong. They're basically calling you a dickhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Really? First link on Google shows the exact post:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130501123028AAmwMA2

At least try have some originality

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Muchas grassyarse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's a homophobic slur op.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Normal Guy

I thought these guys were my friends...those spics will pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

0/10 attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Please see the video below for the correct pronunciation and intonation...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was known as pajero during in my time in Mexico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Arseh0le. Sometimes Peachy Arseh0le.

Copy and paste trolls are the worst

Copy and paste trolls are the worst

Edit - copy and paste trolls who create a new account just to paste the troll are the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I was known as pajero during in my time in Mexico.

When I was in Brazil the locals used to call me after a car too - pinto, that made me sad.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

When I was in Brazil the locals used to call me after a car too - pinto, that made me sad.

Same here. They used to call me Volvo X70

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Chapiri

Im spanish and can tell you than this word are no commun use in Spain

They are very popular in the "movies" and popular in latin america.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Si

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

The OP's obviously having a laugh but I've genuinely been in this situation before.

Years ago we had two Italian students, but at times it felt like we had the half of Florence in our house because they used to congregate here in their masses some nights, when they weren't in McDonalds or destroying Irish people's experiences on the 46a with their voices.

My friends and I got quite friendly with them, but one night in my driveway two of them gave me a nickname. For the life of me I can't remember it, but I do remember your man's explanation: 'We call you this because, ay, you are strong-a-like bull.' I thought, 'I'll have that. They're saying I'm strong for some reason, so that's fine'. I'm 13 or 14 at the time so I take things at face value.

So that's grand anyway, but then a few days later your man who christened me with this name calls me by it in front of another lad who wasn't there for the christening, and he starts laughing. At this point I grow suspicious, so I ask one of our students, a girl, what this word means and she goes, 'it's like, eh, a deek?' Your man was basically calling me a d*ckhead behind my back for a few days.

F*cking Italians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Im going to guess he called you a testa di cazzo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

They're calling you a ****** OP. They may or may not be right.

bear1 wrote: »
    Im going to guess he called you a testa di cazzo.

It began with a C but it was one word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Cornuto?
    Means 'the horned one', and is used to refer to someone who's wife is cheating on him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Bastards got the OP banned too. First the annihilation of the Incas, then this.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Cornuto?
    Means 'the horned one', and is used to refer to someone who's wife is cheating on him...

No I'd have probably associated that with Cornetto and would have remembered. This is a complete guess but it was something like 'chocho' or something, which sounds more Hispanic to me but I dunno. The bottom line is f*ck Italians.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    No I'd have probably associated that with Cornetto and would have remembered. This is a complete guess but it was something like 'chocho' or something, which sounds more Hispanic to me but I dunno. The bottom line is f*ck Italians.

Chocho means fanny in Spanish if that's any help.

It might help if I'm in Spain one day and want directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Someone above said Testa di cazzo, which means dickhead, but it may just have been Cazzo on its own, is pronounced 'katso' and means dick in Italian

• Advertisement

Hammer89 wrote: »
    It might help if I'm in Spain one day and want directions

Do you not know where to find fanny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

Perhaps it's Pinche Cabron? I heard the phrase every so often when I lived in southern California.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Vinculus wrote: »
    Muchas grassyarse

I'll translate that into Scottish for you....

It wasn't the grass that tickled my arse, it was your finger.

I speak Spanish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AvBBrother

Not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Advertisement