Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Dispute between rival biker gangs sees man fatally shot in head''

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Hells Angels were run out of Ireland by the IRA, how long have they been back now?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Hells Angels were run out of Ireland by the IRA, how long have they been back now?

Whaaaaat? Where have I been! Wonder if there were any documentary's done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You sure you're still not thinking of Sons of Anarchy?

Where's that reality diagram Ted uses to help Dougal.........

ThisRegard wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

The difference between Ireland and the rest of the world is that the Irish MC's are banding together, calling themselves the 1%'ers, and are actively stopping foreign MC's from getting a foothold in Ireland.

Small correction to make here. They are not calling themselves the 1%. It is the Alliance Ireland, which is comprised of 1% clubs. 1% is a term used internationally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Their not the best at bouncing at Rolling Stones concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

ThisRegard wrote: »

heard it from a reliable source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

YFlyer wrote: »
    Their not the best at bouncing at Rolling Stones concerts.

Ah, I remember why I read their history. Was watching an Evel Knievel documentary and at one of his shows one member jumped in to give him a smack, the MC (in the non biking sense) had said something about Knievel setting the Hells Angels back a hundred years if he made the jump. The crowd were having none of it and kicked the crap out of the Hells Angels who were there. They showed footage, there were no holds barred.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

As someone said already the MC's in Ireland are pretty serious about the "back patch's" Craig,the aul lad was in a MCC in the 70's/80s(eventually president I believe)some of the stories he has of the rallies are mental,if you see a flyer for a major rally it'll nearly always have "back patch clubs by prior appointment" or something similar so there's no trouble at it.
    The blue gardenia aparrently was a big biker hangout back in the day(helmets to be left behind the bar upon entry or no service,due to numerous incidents of said helmets being used for the exact opposite of the intended purpose, ie cracking heads.....)

As regards to the club mentioned (foreign,hardcore,mc) I'm pretty sure I know the one your on about,very distinctive patch,pretty sure they were operating Around my way,very obviously dodgy as all hell,though that said haven't seen any around in a while so maybe dd's,rt's etc were successful in getting them to f off,though maybe that's changed with this development? Who knows really....
    Rip to the man anyway see bad way to go out regardless of what you're into.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Remember seeing a picture on Facebook not too long ago of a Hell's Angels member in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Organising their heroin importation business.

It looks like we have a cross between Mad Max and Love/Hate here :):D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What's the difference?

The difference is you don't know what you're talking about.

The difference is you don't know what you're talking about.

What's the problem Nehemiah Grumpy Children?

What's the problem Makikomi?

If you don't know the difference between MC and MCC then you don't know what you're talking about, or is that too complicated for you?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

These biker gangs dodgy?as in drugs protection etc

If you don't know the difference between MC and MCC then you don't know what you're talking about, or is that too complicated for you?.

Apologies now but did I state somewhere that I was au fait about motorcycle clubs sir??

How can they stop a motorbike club setting or why?

Apologies now but did I state somewhere that I was au fait about motorcycle clubs sir??

No bother. But there is a very big difference between MCC and MC.

The club involved Facebook page has a post up saying names and a number to ring.Sounds messy

No bother. But there is a very big difference between MCC and MC.

We discussed this earlier on in the thread, a fellow boardsie kindly explained the difference. Thanks though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

man was "blasted in the face" in a drive-by
    gun attack
    Limerick
    rival biker gang
    So.... man killed in gun attack in Limerick by another gang? How is this news?

Also, "rival bike gang kills enemy from car" sounds so GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...the surfacing problem in Ireland is that there is a new club. They consist of the rejects from MC's and MCC's who are too nuts to not cause trouble. As such, they are doing a lot of ground work for a foreign MC to get in here. I know the name of the club, but i'm not posting it here because it's not in the news yet...

The Mirror had an article largely to that effect yesterday in which they named a couple of fairly hairy clubs, one American and one English, I think. I put it down at the time to the Mirror taking a few basic established facts and making movies with them, as they do.

I couldn't possibly comment on the paramilitaries doing some sort of a St. Patrick on the HA, but they have a chapter in Belfast and they do venture down as far as Dublin in small numbers occasionally, at least.

sasta le wrote: »
    How can they stop a motorbike club setting or why?

I'm not an expert by any means and far from it, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say that the four main MCs here are quite happy with things as they are - doing their thing quietly, bothering no-one and not being bothered - and have no more interest in a bunch of violent head-cases turning up and causing mayhem than any other ratepayers. This would cause big trouble, with the State intervening and possibly eventually culminating in Australian-style draconian public association laws for patched-up bikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

They wear their patches on their backs. Unless you're in an MC, you can be attacked for wearing your clubs patch on your back. It's an unwritten rule, and one no one should break.

:confused:

so if i was to go around with a let say..honda 50 club patch on my back ill get the sh!t kicked out of me ?

is that rule worldwide??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

jimgoose wrote: »
    [...]

I couldn't possibly comment on the paramilitaries doing some sort of a St. Patrick on the HA, but they have a chapter in Belfast and they do venture down as far as Dublin in small numbers occasionally, at least.

They now have a club house down here and are flying an "Ireland" bottom rocker as different to "N.Ireland" in Belfast. Also there are different Web Pages for each one.

Other than the four MC clubs who are part of the Alliance, you also have Chosen Few MC, Brotherhood Nomads MC and another international club on the west coast, Outlaws MC.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    They now have a club house down here and are flying an "Ireland" bottom rocker as different to "N.Ireland" in Belfast. Also there are different Web Pages for each one...

Right. You live and learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

However, the surfacing problem in Ireland is that there is a new club. They consist of the rejects from MC's and MCC's who are too nuts to not cause trouble. As such, they are doing a lot of ground work for a foreign MC to get in here. I know the name of the club, but i'm not posting it here because it's not in the news yet. Sufficed to say, they're a dangerous bunch of people, and stone mad on top of it.
    Process of elimination leaves Sons of Silence MC, Mongols MC & Bandidos MC, the latter already being courted by one of the Alliance clubs & who now have a chapter on the channel islands but not the UK mainland.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Process of elimination leaves Sons of Silence MC, Mongols MC & Bandidos MC, the latter already being courted by one of the Alliance clubs & who now have a chapter on the channel islands but not the UK mainland.

Whats been courted?
    It was done by Caballeros MC who done the shooting, apparently offshoot off Bandidos MC. We already have the Outlaws MC. HA have a good few members in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

I was behind a Devils Diciples patched-lad today, he was on a snazzy sparkly green ape-hanger barred bike. Normally, I'd probably not have really noticed, but for some reason, after reading this, I did. Possibly heading down for the funeral? Savage bike anyway. From behind, it looked like Batman cruising along the road. I'm guessing there will/was be a huge turn-out for the funeral?

• Advertisement

I was behind a Devils Diciples patched-lad today, he was on a snazzy sparkly green ape-hanger barred bike. Normally, I'd probably not have really noticed, but for some reason, after reading this, I did. Possibly heading down for the funeral? Savage bike anyway. From behind, it looked like Batman cruising along the road. I'm guessing there will/was be a huge turn-out for the funeral?

I just seen the funeral arrangements on Facebook, Judging by their facebook page, loads of MCC's were writing their condolences. He will get a good send off I'm sure.

Advertisement