Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster vs. Leinster, Saturday 6th March, 19.35 (Eir Sport 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

All this joviality aside, I am really looking forward to this. Should be a cracking weekend of interpros. Everyone has something other than pride to fight for (even if it's uphill for us and Connacht).

Although that is just the Irish teams. Have to wonder how much other teams' supporters have enjoyed this season.

"World class" isn't about things as trivial as performances and ability.

It's a state of mind.

Touche, sir. Touche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This is honestly some sickening behaviour for a match thread.

The real victim of Leinster's domanance in the Pro-whatever-it-is-now. No niggle, no bite. We need someone to really get the sparks flying.

Venjur, you're up. No pressure, man.

This is honestly some sickening behaviour for a match thread.

The real victim of Leinster's domanance in the Pro-whatever-it-is-now. No niggle, no bite. We need someone to really get the sparks flying.

Venjur, you're up. No pressure, man.

Shut up, Dave. Your team's rubbish.

Shut up, Dave. Your team's rubbish.

My team's rubbish does what?

I'll tell you what my team's rubbish does. It goes to play for ... *checks notes* ... Ulster.

And our players have nicer hair than yours do.

My team's rubbish does what?

I'll tell you what my team's rubbish does. It goes to play for ... *checks notes* ... Ulster.

And our players have nicer hair than yours do.

Whatever about the relative strength of the teams and whose aging players go where, there is simply NO WAY your team has nicer hair.

We took Jordi, an HEC level coiffured backrow while at Leinster, and gave him an above international class hair cut. Andrew, Baloucoune - you just don't match up. Gibson-Park alone ruins any claim you might have.

Ulster are miles out on top of the hair league.

You are better than Munster, who are, of course, last (i'm looking at you, Healy, Casey and Snyman).

Brad4-819x1024.jpeg

Bradley Roberts sez: Go home, Dave, you're drunk.

Magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Whatever about the relative strength of the teams and whose aging players go where, there is simply NO WAY your team has nicer hair.

We took Jordi, an HEC level coiffured backrow while at Leinster, and gave him an above international class hair cut. Andrew, Baloucoune - you just don't match up. Gibson-Park alone ruins any claim you might have.

You are better than Munster, who are, of course, last (i'm looking at you, Healy, Casey and Snyman).

Are you positive about this?

1225902.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Pffft Ulster forwards and their feminine outside back hairstyles.

Devin Toner, Rhys Ruddock, Ed Byrne, Scott Fardy, all REAL mens haircuts with their receding hairlines showing their experience and dominance.

Are you positive about this?

1225902.jpg

As befits a a member of the best offloading team in the league, I see a man at home with self-expression and freedom. Unafraid of being judged, even though he is ginger.

You wouldn't get a non-regulation haircut like that on any of the St Michael's clones playing for the Blue Automatons.

Pffft Ulster forwards and their feminine outside back hairstyles.

Devin Toner, Rhys Ruddock, Ed Byrne, Scott Fardy, all REAL mens haircuts with their receding hairlines showing their experience and dominance.

Might lift this for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

As befits a a member of the best offloading team in the league, I see a man at home with self-expression and freedom. Unafraid of being judged, even though he is ginger.

You wouldn't get a non-regulation haircut like that on any of the St Michael's clones playing for the Blue Automatons.

I see another south african.

bayern wrote: »

Oil is to vinegar as Bayern is to joy.

Apologies, Bayern.

I just feel your time is best spent cloistered somewhere typing out exhaustive lists of young talent, forensically researched except for all the youngsters from Ulster that you have "forgotten".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I would expect Ulster to win. They are more settled. Reintroducing Ruddock and both Byrne's could unsettle Leinster. I also think Ulster have an advantage in the engine room. Treadwell and O'Connor have been very good, imo. J.O.B back to his original position! I don't worry about him, he's appears to be a natural wherever he plays. I think Madigan is a key for Ulster. If he's poor, Ulster will struggle.
    This should be a hell of a good match. Lots of lads looking to get into the national set up. Massive opportunity for T.O.T, Stockdale and I think Jordi. For Leinster, a big outing for Ruddock, VDF and RB, to give AF something to ponder.
    Max O'Reilly obviously has to perform and he is so young and inexperienced. A big chance for him also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Surprised to see Leinster are favourites for this. Ulster look the stronger side and have home advantage, and the Leinster bench is the least experienced we've ever put out I'd say.

Surprised to see Leinster are favourites for this. Ulster look the stronger side and have home advantage, and the Leinster bench is the least experienced we've ever put out I'd say.

I think we (Ulster) should be favourites as well, but has home advantage meant less this season with no crowds? Have the bookies treated it as such? Don't really have a sense of it.

I think we (Ulster) should be favourites as well, but has home advantage meant less this season with no crowds? Have the bookies treated it as such? Don't really have a sense of it.

The Leinster lads will be unsettled knowing they won't be able to get a decent coffee and avocado smash after the game. Crucial.

The Leinster lads will be unsettled knowing they won't be able to get a decent coffee and avocado smash after the game. Crucial.

They're gonna wait til they've swapped jerseys and then head off into Belfast and try to get the Covid vaccine instead, before heading back down the M1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yes but what about the team in blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

They're gonna wait til they've swapped jerseys and then head off into Belfast and try to get the Covid vaccine instead, before heading back down the M1.

Do you reckon the Ulster lads will be swapping jerseys with the Leinster lads at full time to remind themselves of better times? :D

Buer wrote: »
    Yes but what about the team in blue?

The Blue Automatons? Leo will just put them back in their boxes, put the boxes in the truck and take them up to the Leinster rugby warehouse. Leave them charging overnight off the mains.

He'll be disappointed about the loss, but glad he didn't see any worrying signs of creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bayern wrote: »

Scarra moosh, scarra moosh, can you do the fan dango.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Cronin ruled out with back injury with Dan Sheehan coming into match squad

Sean Cronin has been ruled out with a back injury and is replaced on the bench by Dan Sheehan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Lads i wanted to be the first to let yous know, sean Cronin is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I don't know if ye heard, but Sean Cronin is out. Can anyone confirm?

I think Cronin's impact will be crucial tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Can’t believe Sean Cronin isn’t getting a game. Cullen is a joke. Time for a new coach I think. Declan Kidney wouldn’t over look him like this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So our very last remaining senior player is now on the bench?

Anyone know where I can watch Sheehan's cameo? If I have to sit through the rest of the match I'm OK with that also

Hugh O'Sullivan only senior player who is available not in 23 man squad.

I've Cronin down as first try scorer.

Fingers crossed.

mfceiling wrote: »
    I've Cronin down as first try scorer.

Fingers crossed.

Absolute cert, since I haven't seen confirmation that Sean Cronin isn't playing.

I could be wrong but I feel in recollection that Cronin has a very good try scoring record against Ulster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

What number is Cronin playing in tonight?

I could be wrong but I feel in recollection that Cronin has a very good try scoring record against Ulster...

That's why I have him down as first try scorer.

That's why I have him down as first try scorer.

I didn't bet on first try scorer, but I got good odds on how many pages the match thread would go before awec carded a Leinster fan...!

• Advertisement

I didn't bet on first try scorer, but I got good odds on how many pages the match thread would go before awec carded a Leinster fan...!

7?

Nice for Ulster to be able to start their first choice outhalf.

7?

Working on it...

Is that Baloucoune's first game back? Great to see - hope he picks up where he left off.

Is that Baloucoune's first game back? Great to see - hope he picks up where he left off.

He played 40 minutes last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Silly penalty from Cooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Luke McGrath just forced a knock on from Coetzee in the tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

A refresher in Frank Murphy, as if anyone would wish it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Seen yellows given for less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Yellow for that?

Harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

That's an horrendous decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement