Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

New Home wrote: »
    Anything tomatoey or red-peppery. Sweet and sour sauce would also do that. Also, the type of pasta shape isn't really affecting anything.

It's from lycopene which is contained in the tomatoes.
    Rub with lemon juice and put them in the sun

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The sun? You do know this is Ireland, right? :D We use sunny days to do loads of washes ("there's great drying in it"), we don't have time to sun-bleach our kitchen containers! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They're called "butterflies". :cool:
    Flutter By is still a better name :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

The sun? You do know this is Ireland, right? :D We use sunny days to do leads of washes ("there's great drying in it"), we don't have time to sun-bleach our kitchen containers! :pac:

Lol, it did cross my mind as I posted. I live in Sydney, so might be a bit easier here!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In this case, only if it's fast food, and "diet", too. :D

That's what my oldest used to call Butterflies. Makes way more sense.

I thought that was their old name, too, but etymonline disagrees. Anyway, both names are very fitting, they do flutter by and their wings "melt" like butter if you touch them.

and their wings "melt" like butter if you touch them.

I wouldn't know, not being a butterfly serial killer :pac:

joujoujou wrote: »
    dOAtr2j.jpg

The accessories for Barbie have kept apace with modern living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

vh4sd wrote: »
    fuYGC5U.jpg
    I'm guessing he's saying zip.
    k8KKAJV.jpg
    You won't know whether its a cat or a baby or both or a cat baby until you open it.
    545863.jpg

I was in London about 18 months ago and there was a guy on the tube eating a cardboard box. Well, that's what it looked like - you can get squares (blasphemy!) of takeaway pizza in lightweight boxes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

fritzelly wrote: »

10mm Socket. As soon as you open a socket set these little blighters make a mad dash for freedom. Looks like this one drowned in an effort to escape

Why does it look like it was soldered on? It can't be just the rust, can it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Like all home mechanics, I've lost a few of them.
    I found one in my shed a few months ago. Have no idea where it came from but it definitley wasn't one of my sets :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Why does it look like it was soldered on? It can't be just the rust, can it?

It fell into the cooling system of an engine.

Got caught in the thermostat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you are missing your 10mm socket, your partner may have put it in here. What a monster to do that :/
    3cUAM2Q.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

10mm Socket. As soon as you open a socket set these little blighters make a mad dash for freedom. Looks like this one drowned in an effort to escape
    It's a myth.

Then again I can never find a 13mm when I need one so there may be something in it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116482589#post116482589

I call BS. There's not even one pair of blunt scissors with glue residue on their blades in there, nor can I see any screwdrivers with broken handles, nor is there a roll of ancient, yellowed, deformed, fused-together sellotape. No string or fuses either, or oven/fridge lightbulbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I call BS. There's not even one pair of blunt scissors with glue residue on their blades in there, nor can I see any screwdrivers with broken handles, nor is there a roll of ancient, yellowed, deformed, fused-together sellotape. No string or fuses either, or oven/fridge lightbulbs.

It is an old picture.
    The updated version, nowadays, has at least 3 mobile phones in it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

inforfun wrote: »
    It is an old picture.
    The updated version, nowadays, has at least 3 mobile phones in it.
    Which aren't compatible with the four chargers also in there!

And none of them will ever be used as the device they used to power have long since been obsoleted out of existence.

546067.jpg

'Dicknomore"

I'm way too much of a dickhead to risk the possible side effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

joujoujou wrote: »
    The less popular follow-up to the Laura Branigan hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

???????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭josip

Victor wrote: »
    ???????????????

It's a PS5

Victor wrote: »
    ???????????????
    I think he's sneeking in a games console.

https://heavymetalknitting.com/
    Finland. 'nuff said.

8767_9f01.gif

^^^
    Needs more knitting needles.

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116517224&postcount=9393

First time I see them smile with something resembling tenderness in their eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

And not a single Ikea hybrid allen key/flat head screwdriver.

Velcro, I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The red circle is a red herring, and is not the "detail" you should be looking for! :pac:

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    The red circle is a red herring, and is not the "detail" you should be looking for! :pac:

Ahhh jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

Mr E wrote: »
    OF65MgriU6adraYfEPWnhGAnpZVgqp9qu7sIH-SvWQ7vdg21VzVvemb_OACGJUY_sLtu-2smtBFwJ-pmesQKhINv2c3C5tKG3PWahy1WICLdg-RtLhQjXw4cWZutjkNVY6xVcWgQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Notmything

Bueller on the coffee cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Notmything wrote: »

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

What's the Debbie Harry / Homer Simpson thing?

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »

You can make out the outline of Homer Simpson on her body. Her boobs are his eyes, nipples the pupils, the midriff is his upper lip.

frash wrote: »

The boobs are his eyes etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

The joke

My head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Notmything wrote: »
    Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Suckit wrote: »

OK only a joke that viewers of the film would get.
    Never heard of it, yet alone seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭josip

OK only a joke that viewers of the show will get.

show? :eek:

You never heard of Ferris Bueller's Day Off?!?!?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

josip wrote: »
    show? :eek:

and just like that, i feel old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You've never heard of or seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off????? How?

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    You've never heard of or seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off????? How?
    I live in an alternative universe that seldom ventures into into the US centric sphere. :P

Advertisement