Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You have to laugh about all the constant mental health concerns in the media and then they proceed to hound Gordon Elliott every single day since the story broke, he apologised, what more do they want from the man?

For him not to sit and pose like an eejit on dead animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

CB is really pushing this, she wants him cancelled.

I would agree with this guy, we have lost the ability to forgive these days. People must be ruined, and nothing else will satisfy the mob and social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

NIMAN wrote: »
    CB is really pushing this, she wants him cancelled.

I would agree with this guy, we have lost the ability to forgive these days. People must be ruined, and nothing else will satisfy the mob and social media.

Yes, she seems very keen to push this as far as she can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Being pregnant during mid lockdown, with a glowing Susie who writes for some RTÉ page.

The researchers have outdone themselves big time here. May as well just give them the 2021 PPI award for investigative journalism here and now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

dulpit wrote: »
    For him not to sit and pose like an eejit on dead animals?

If the whole country is so upset by a man sitting on a dead horse why don't the hound the lads that drive the horses into the ground with their sulky racing.

Wait, we cant talk about them or we will be discrimination against then, but the can hound a decent man into the ground, makes no since to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

You have to laugh about all the constant mental health concerns in the media and then they proceed to hound Gordon Elliott every single day since the story broke, he apologised, what more do they want from the man?

"Think of my Mental health" is used far too often as a defence by unscruplious chancers like Elliot. It does a massive disservice to people with genuine mental health issue. He should take his punishment and his supporters need to cop on.

mgn wrote: »
    If the whole country is so upset by a man sitting on a dead horse why don't the hound the lads that drive the horses into the ground with their sulky racing.

Wait, we cant talk about them or we will be discrimination against then, but the can hound a decent man into the ground, makes no since to me.

Because this "decent man" works in an industry that attracts huge amounts of funding from the exchequer?

pc7 wrote: »
    Must be retired or doing it for safety, as Henry McKean (who I am convinced is DOB lovechild) as how he has a job is beyond me, is constantly at them.

I tweet Paddy, he replied to say he hopes to be back post-covid:

https://twitter.com/paddyogormanRTE/status/1367437976838537219

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Because this "decent man" works in an industry that attracts huge amounts of funding from the exchequer?

Travellers have their own 'industry' on the go that costs the tax payers tens of millions every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

RTE also attracts huge amounts of funding from the taxpayer, what should we do about them.

One would swear Elliott was some sort of trophy hunter sitting on his kill the way the are going on about it.

The horse was dead for f*ck sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Eamon Dunphy's on now.

If CB can't control a politician....

Dunphy is an embarrassment at thus stage and a terrible pundit to have on "Declan Rice is one of the best players in the world" and "Jack Grealish is on the brink of the England team" :pac:
    touts wrote: »
    He think's Stephen Kenny is open to anyone playing for Ireland who qualifies! That'll come as news to the likes of premiership striker Michael Obafami who has seen semi-professionals from League of Ireland selected ahead of him.

Names?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Names?

Jack Byrne, Graham Burke and Aaron McEneff. All called into the Irish Squad from the basically semi-pro ranks of the LOI while real professional footballers like Obafami were not deemed good enough.

Them Neanderthals also cost the state millions every year - crime, social welfare, forever homes,
    At least GE works and employs around 100 people who all pay tax to the state
    Them scum of the earth dont work pay taxes or contribute to society, and yet they are savage bastards when it comes to horses
    One cnut crashed his horse and trap into a car then left the horse dead and the poor woman in the car injured

So ye like for like GE is a decent man compared to knackers
    1. Where did I say that what Elliott did is wrong, but everything else you mentioned is right?
    2. Horseracing is big on the "love of the animal", but I find it hard to believe that someone who loves animals like is professed would immediately forget about that once an animal dies and sees it as a handy seat
    3. I'm not defending sulky racing or similar, it's as indefensible as GE. The difference is that Gordon Elliott has a public persona so of course it's a bigger news story
    4. Love that anti-traveller bias has made it's way to the radio forum. Endemic on boards these days, and seemingly is acceptable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Michael McNamara, what a buffoon, if he could listen to himself, he'd shut up. Just absolutely clueless and by all accounts hapless.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Michael McNamara, what a buffoon, if he could listen to himself, he'd shut up. Just absolutely clueless and by all accounts hapless.

Was he on for the gathering or another topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Klonker wrote: »
    Was he on for the gathering or another topic?

For the gathering albeit I'm not at all sure why, ranting against NPHET, lockdowns, restrictions etc, I wouldn't mind so much if he had any coherent answers, hard to believe he actually chaired a Dail committee on covid, particularly given his clear Bias.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Dempo1 wrote: »
    For the gathering albeit I'm not at all sure why, ranting against NPHET, lockdowns, restrictions etc, I wouldn't mind so much if he had any coherent answers, hard to believe he actually chaired a Dail committee on covid, particularly given his clear Bias.

I actually just listened to to it there and I think he was fine. I certainly wouldnt say he was incoherent.

I thought he came across better than the guy who was calling for all students at the party in Limerick to be expelled and how Horse Racing Ireland should have made a statement condemning the Mary Robinson story last week. I don't even remember any political or media pressure on them to make a statement and to be honest I didn't even know there was any link between and HRI until I listened to this and I'm still not sure what the link is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The sheik owns a few stud farms here including the kildangan network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The sheik owns a few stud farms here including the kildangan network

He also had a big interest in SR Technics in Dublin airport when it closed in 2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

We lika da sheiks moneee, we dona aska no questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

We lika da sheiks moneee, we dona aska no questions

The Sheik is Italian :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Does he still have the endurance race in donard co Wicklow that he wins every year?

Does he still have the endurance race in donard co Wicklow that he wins every year?

No not him, I think that’s Mustapha run!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

touts wrote: »
    Jack Byrne, Graham Burke and Aaron McEneff. All called into the Irish Squad from the basically semi-pro ranks of the LOI while real professional footballers like Obafami were not deemed good enough.

FULL TIME footballers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

1. Where did I say that what Elliott did is wrong, but everything else you mentioned is right?
    2. Horseracing is big on the "love of the animal", but I find it hard to believe that someone who loves animals like is professed would immediately forget about that once an animal dies and sees it as a handy seat
    3. I'm not defending sulky racing or similar, it's as indefensible as GE. The difference is that Gordon Elliott has a public persona so of course it's a bigger news story
    4. Love that anti-traveller bias has made it's way to the radio forum. Endemic on boards these days, and seemingly is acceptable :rolleyes:

TBH I am not sure what the fuss is about Gordon Elliott only sat on a dead horse. The processed food industry made you eat them 5+ years ago

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

So there's a skin care expert in studio later on today.

Less breaking news, more breakout news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

FULL TIME footballers

Correct.

So there's a skin care expert in studio later on today.

Less breaking news, more breakout news.

I Clearasil didn’t see that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Simon Harris doing yet another car crash interview on CB.

She is giving him a soft easy interview but he is still effing up.

What the hell is this guys secret?

Utterly devoid of charisma, a college drop out, a political failure on multiple fronts, yet still a cabinet minister !?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Simon Harris doing yet another car crash interview on CB.

She is giving him a soft easy interview but he is still effing up.

What the hell is this guys secret?

Utterly devoid of charisma, a college drop out, a political failure on multiple fronts, yet still a cabinet minister !?

I thought he gave a fairly decent interview despite Claire asking negative questions and finding fault with everything.

Claire going from 'those scenes from the college students were disgraceful ' to ' do you not agree that expelling students is a bit much,we all did things we shouldn't have when in college '......

Advertisement