Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutts Nuts

Options
  • 15-09-2014 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of changing the bike and see one I fancy in Mutts Nuts, Leixlip. Has anybody here ever bought from them, or would you recommend them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

have only heard good reports about there, but not a customer myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Got my '99 Bandit from Tomasz when he was still with Dog's box in Kinnegad (~4 years ago).
    Did all my services and mod with him since then and never had a problem.

He sorted me multiple time when I broke down for various reason (fuel tap leaking and filling the cylinders, clutch slave cylinder dying, ...).

I don't know if he's the cheapest but he never failed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Hope it's not the 04 cbr 1000😥

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Plopli wrote: »
    Got my '99 Bandit from Tomasz when he was still with Dog's box in Kinnegad I don't know if he's the cheapest but he never failed me.

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear

cikearney wrote: »
    Hope it's not the 04 cbr 1000😥

No, the zzr14..........now I'm curious, what's the story with the cbr??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear

No, the zzr14..........now I'm curious, what's the story with the cbr??

I have my eye on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

cikearney wrote: »
    I have my eye on it!

The one I just bought?

Only messing:p

Go for it!!!!
    Brilliant bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

I had a very bad experience with Derek and his mechanic in Dogs Box a few years ago but have never dealt with Mutts Nutts so I can't comment on them. Although they do seem to get good reviews. That said, so did Dogs Box and hence I went there, very sorry I did. I suppose all you can do is pay them a call and see what you think really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I'm thinking of changing the bike and see one I fancy in Mutts Nuts, Leixlip. Has anybody here ever bought from them, or would you recommend them??

Hes done some work on my pride and joy and will be doing more, sound fella and very happy with the work he did.
    Factory trained ktm technician and I'd use him over their Dublin dealership any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Re mutts nutts leixlip. I was there today dealt with Tomas ... Very competent - most helpful - delighted with job done on bike / very highly recommend paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You would be BARKING mad to go there.....

I'll get my coat!!!!

• Advertisement

mnnnbit too much time on someones hands me thinks

Ahh sure i am just lying here licking my own nuts!!!

Can't say I'm surprised ... Unlikely a third party would have any interest enjoy ðŸ‘

So so tempted to type "your ma, would be" but that would be counter productive to an otherwise excellent thread.

sense of humour.

phrase of humour

1.a person's ability to appreciate humour.
    "in all the ups and downs of his life he never lost his sense of humour"

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So so tempted to type "your ma, would be" but that would be counter productive to an otherwise excellent thread.

sense of humour.

phrase of humour

1.a person's ability to appreciate humour.
    "in all the ups and downs of his life he never lost his sense of humour"

What is the point of making stupid non relevant juvenile comments on a thread where you add absolutely nothing of interest to the subject. Try " psychology" you might attract the interest of a trainee or someone taking interest in people with unusual traits

Ahh here mate think of my feelings :(

Apart from one comment your's are of the highest intellect are they not, in fact mine was in jest as noted at bottom of post, and it was your good self that commented further with the insulting and degrading posts that made me take a long hard look at myself. I am off now for a session with the social welfare depression counselor and a pint of solpadeines!

With a nick knack paddy2012awhack give the dog a bone
    Grumpy paddy came rolling home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Who pissed on your cornflakes Paddy?
    A joke was cracked and you wander in acting the bollox

Actually Goodlad you would make an excellent counselor, are you free tomorrow around noon?

Actually Goodlad you would make an excellent counselor, are you free tomorrow around noon?

Attn: MODS. Please review post. Members Abusing boardies should receive a warning. Nothing relevant posted by these two.
    Thank you
    Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Heard good things too, but jasus, that's a woeful name.

• Advertisement

Who did I abuse? In fact it was you that made a personal remake about me! And for what its worth there is a private alert button on the left for reporting posts....#thenewequalizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

I also fail to see any abuse here. Apart from us all having to experience the drivel being post by paddy the thread is a good read :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

You would be BARKING mad to go there.....

I'll get my coat!!!!

Oh look, it's a pun, as defined by the Oxford Dictionary
    pun. the humorous use of a word or phrase so as to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or applications, or the use of words that are alike or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play on words. the word or phrase used in this way.
    People need to lighten up. The world is a miserable enough place, lets have some humor. Besides which, I remember a time when a biker took a slagging off another biker as a sign of affection and acceptance. Have we really gone that PC? Next we'll be afraid to wave in case our hand gestures might be misinterpreted.

Oh look, it's a pun, as defined by the Oxford Dictionary
    pun. the humorous use of a word or phrase so as to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or applications, or the use of words that are alike or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play on words. the word or phrase used in this way.
    People need to lighten up. The world is a miserable enough place, lets have some humor. Besides which, I remember a time when a biker took a slagging off another biker as a sign of affection and acceptance. Have we really gone that PC? Next we'll be afraid to wave in case our hand gestures might be misinterpreted.

Indeed very valuable addition to other motorcyclists that may be seeking references to particular garages they may be thinking of going to ( nuts is right lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Indeed very valuable addition to other motorcyclists that may be seeking references to particular garages they may be thinking of going to ( nuts is right lol)
    Its the difference between googling a thing, and asking opinions, which is what boards.ie and this forum is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

What is the point of making stupid non relevant juvenile comments on a thread where you add absolutely nothing of interest to the subject. Try " psychology" you might attract the interest of a trainee or someone taking interest in people with unusual traits
    Attn: MODS. Please review post. Members Abusing boardies should receive a warning. Nothing relevant posted by these two.
    Thank you
    Paddy
    The force is strong in this one...

'I'm a motorcyclist, not a biker' :P :D

Hey Paddy, take a chill pill & enjoy a bit of harmless banter FFS :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Going to take a trip down to Mutts Nuts this weekend, I have a feeling I wont be coming back empty handed :D

Something like this KTRIC, A GSXR K-9 :pac::pac:

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/24fbpzq.jpg[/IMG]"]24fbpzq.jpg[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Something like this KTRIC, A GSXR K-9 :pac::pac:

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/24fbpzq.jpg[/IMG]"]24fbpzq.jpg[/URL]

Ah no, something a little more sedate. ;) i have my eye on a particular machine there but size wise it might not go down well with the missus. Just going to take a "look see".

I have to look a little father a field for a decent bike these days. Does anyone else have recommendations for very clean second hand machines that can be viewed online ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 csouto

I'm adding my review of this workshop as what happened needs to be made public. Please find bellow my Google review:

Had my bike in for valve clearance, ultra-sonic carburetors cleaning and balancing, fitting a new triple clamp and full exhaust. Went to collect bike and genuine parts are damaged and missing. Also I highly doubt the carbs were ultra-sonic cleaned so I was scammed out of 80 euro just for that. The missing genuine Honda fairing screws are on sale at Fowlers for 2,90 euro each and 3 were removed from the bike and replaced by used rusty ones. They didn't had the decency to tell me they had damaged the mirror and they didn't fit the supplied main jets so bike is running like ****e. Charging people for labour they didn't perform is FRAUD and a claim at the Small Claims Court was filed. The workshop counter claimed in the amount of 1000 euros for loss of income and to pay for expert witness in court even though this is not accounted for by the rules of the court. Perhaps they want to claim also an Uber and breakfast at Tiffany's?
    Update 3/7/2020: Upon settling my claim thru the Small Claims Court my bike was stolen from the backyard.

Advertisement