Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutts Nuts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭H_Lime

When they make a movie of this who do you want to play you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 csouto

H_Lime wrote: »
    When they make a movie of this who do you want to play you?

Liam Neeson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

csouto wrote: »
    Liam Neeson.

Mr. Bean would be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

I'm adding my review of this workshop as what happened needs to be made public. Please find bellow my Google review:

Had my bike in for valve clearance, ultra-sonic carburetors cleaning and balancing, fitting a new triple clamp and full exhaust. Went to collect bike and genuine parts are damaged and missing. Also I highly doubt the carbs were ultra-sonic cleaned so I was scammed out of 80 euro just for that. The missing genuine Honda fairing screws are on sale at Fowlers for 2,90 euro each and 3 were removed from the bike and replaced by used rusty ones. They didn't had the decency to tell me they had damaged the mirror and they didn't fit the supplied main jets so bike is running like ****e. Charging people for labour they didn't perform is FRAUD and a claim at the Small Claims Court was filed. The workshop counter claimed in the amount of 1000 euros for loss of income and to pay for expert witness in court even though this is not accounted for by the rules of the court. Perhaps they want to claim also an Uber and breakfast at Tiffany's?
    Update 3/7/2020: Upon settling my claim thru the Small Claims Court my bike was stolen from the backyard.

Would you think the bike being stolen
    May be connected too them ?
    How much did ya get from small claims court ?

Would you think the bike being stolen
    May be connected too them ?
    How much did ya get from small claims court ?

I can only say I am surprised as I thought they would dispute my claim of 350e, they even made a counter-claim of 1000e for loss of income and to cover expert witness and at the last minute they changed their minds as to not waste the judge's time (their words).

The bike was only taken after what I believe is an illegal disclosure of my address by the court and I'll seek to confirm this disclosure asap.

• Advertisement

I can only say I am surprised as I thought they would dispute my claim of 350e, they even made a counter-claim of 1000e for loss of income and to cover expert witness and at the last minute they changed their minds as to not waste the judge's time (their words).

The bike was only taken after what I believe is an illegal disclosure of my address by the court and I'll seek to confirm this disclosure asap.

Jayus they should of just payed up €350.
    Loss of income 🀣They were just trying it on.fair play for seeing it through though.
    What type of bike was it ?

Jayus they should of just payed up €350.
    Loss of income ��They were just trying it on.fair play for seeing it through though.
    What type of bike was it ?

It IS a 1994 Honda RVF400. They haven't burned it yet.

It IS a 1994 Honda RVF400. They haven't burned it yet.

Oh very nice.
    What do you mean they haven't burned it yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Liam Neeson.

Solid choice.
    If you are looking for €1000, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.
    I have access to the boards.ie motorcycle section.
    If you let my rvf go now, that'll be the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 czaszi

I'm adding my review of this workshop as what happened needs to be made public. Please find bellow my Google review:

Had my bike in for valve clearance, ultra-sonic carburetors cleaning and balancing, fitting a new triple clamp and full exhaust. Went to collect bike and genuine parts are damaged and missing. Also I highly doubt the carbs were ultra-sonic cleaned so I was scammed out of 80 euro just for that. The missing genuine Honda fairing screws are on sale at Fowlers for 2,90 euro each and 3 were removed from the bike and replaced by used rusty ones. They didn't had the decency to tell me they had damaged the mirror and they didn't fit the supplied main jets so bike is running like ****e. Charging people for labour they didn't perform is FRAUD and a claim at the Small Claims Court was filed. The workshop counter claimed in the amount of 1000 euros for loss of income and to pay for expert witness in court even though this is not accounted for by the rules of the court. Perhaps they want to claim also an Uber and breakfast at Tiffany's?
    Update 3/7/2020: Upon settling my claim thru the Small Claims Court my bike was stolen from the backyard.

Sorry to hear your bike was stolen.
    Did they offer to fix your bike? I find this hard to believe that any workshop would not offer to fix customers bike if they damaged it in some way?
    You 'highly doubt' the carbs were ultrasonic cleaned. How did you determine that? Did you see the carbs before and after?
    Were fairing screws missing when you left the bike there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement