Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Cab Disassembly/Transport

Options
2»

Comments

If you have a yellow builders transformer you can use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Go the whole hog, get an airlink :D

https://airlinktransformers.com/category/japan-uk-voltage-converters

Parcel motel makes them a lot more affordable with cheaper postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I struggled to get a 60kg super king size mattress up my U shaped stairs the other day, I can only imagine the sweat and swearing involved with taking doors off or needing ramps!

Feck that :D

Master of the Universe

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I struggled to get a 60kg super king size mattress up my U shaped stairs the other day, I can only imagine the sweat and swearing involved with taking doors off or needing ramps!

Feck that :D

It's totally worth it once it's finally in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

the mattress or the cab :P

good to see another aero enter these shores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have a spare stepdown if you need one. It's not an airline but it's the black one a few people here have used the same one.

I got it with my cyber lead hassle, with 110/220 and not being told it was converted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Cheers for that, I bit the bullet and ordered an Airline stepdown - I've got a good few Japanese systems and only one stepdown so having one in the game shed will suffice for other stuff too!

Cabinet should be here on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Cheers for that, I bit the bullet and ordered an Airline stepdown - I've got a good few Japanese systems and only one stepdown so having one in the game shed will suffice for other stuff too!

Cabinet should be here on Monday!

Is it here yet?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Is it here yet?

Oh yes. Turns on, but the game I ordered to test is still enroute.

Getting it through the door wasn't so bad

516477.jpeg

Not it's final home, need to drag it to the shed in the garden. My wife won't be able to help there!

516478.jpeg

It's filthy inside.

516479.jpeg

Wired for Neo Geo

516480.jpeg

Master of the Universe

Wow, that's absolutely gorgeous. The externals look to be in great condition - nice to see you got an original marquee holder for the top too.

• Advertisement

Great job, looks in super condition. What game are you waiting for?

It's filthy inside.

Wired for Neo Geo

Am i the only one who thinks its clean inside !:pac: looks in great condiotion and you even got the manual !

looks to be just wired as std 4 buttons ,just in case you get confused on neo /Jamma wiring !

Cheers all! Just realised I should've made my own thread instead of continuing to hijack this one!

o1s1n, the plastic marquee came as a surprise alright! Up close, you can see the wear and tear, but I'm going to play the long game when it comes to restoring any issues.

eddhorse, I bought Puzzle Bobble and a 1-slot MVS as a tester, I love the game and the missus will enjoy it. My wish list is LONG, but I think most of the time I'll have a MiSTer in there connected to a JPAC.

geotrig, Ah, I thought MVS wiring was just the 4th button into an unused pin on the Jamma harness?

geotrig wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thinks its clean inside !:pac: looks in great condiotion and you even got the manual !

looks to be just wired as std 4 buttons ,just in case you get confused on neo /Jamma wiring !

Absolutely agree, nice and clean compared to some things I've seen and I've only seen a few cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Do you mind me asking where you sourced this machine Colonel Panic - was it from RKLOK? I'll be looking for something along similar lines myself in a couple of months.

Yeah I got it from RKLOK.

To answer your original post. Lifting it is a 2 man job.

You can take the panel off if needed, but the Aero City is probably narrow enough so you won’t need to disassemble anything.

Do some measurement!

geotrig, Ah, I thought MVS wiring was just the 4th button into an unused pin on the Jamma harness?

technically that is still just jamma as it can support up to 5 buttons , a few other games utilise 4 buttons so its not unique to n/g hence the extra options ,most use an additional harness , ng mvs std is wired slightly different for 2-6 slots and 1 maybe 2 variations of the 1 slot but they have a switch iirc to work with jamma wiring ,its mainly the sound output that different. Most 1 slots are Jamma

Yeah, been doing a lot of reading and spending of money over the past few days.

The 4th buttons aren’t wired up all the way to the harness anyway, so I think I’ll do something modular so I can connect to button 4 for Neo Geo stuff, and 6 button games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

eddhorse wrote: »
    Absolutely agree, nice and clean compared to some things I've seen and I've only seen a few cabinets.

Jayzus not sure what yokes you've seen so! :pac:

@Colonel - congrats on the lovely get!! Brings back fond memories that does.

Half tempted to see what an Egret 2 sells for these days... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Half tempted to see what an Egret 2 sells for these days... :)

CiDeRdrew76 is born...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inviere wrote: »
    CiDeRdrew76 is born...

Do they come with an SD card slot these days?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do they come with an SD card slot these days?? :p

We're probably both about to be banned :o

Advertisement