Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The most I’ve laughed in ages. Read one after the other.

' "Princes Harry and William"
    There are two princes mentioned here...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,613 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

1800 Ladladlad’s posts are always invisible to me. I think I remember someone saying that it was something to do with the format of his posts being incompatible with iPhones. Is there a way around this? Am I the only person who reads on an iPhone? (I’m sure I can’t be) Why does boards allow posting in a format that is invisible to whatever the percentage of users is?

At this point I find people complaining about his posts more annoying than the actual posts (I also can' t see them either, I just scroll past).
    FWIW it's because he only linking content from 9gag. If set him to ignore and you won't see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

83082412_2808482565886235_8476352085913239552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=BxZ8ZWiDsiAAX_4LTP3&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=f4db9accea38b0bd97d2c5f1c077be9d&oe=5E9198DF
    They weren't wearing the blue jumpers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ficheall wrote: »
    They weren't wearing the blue jumpers?

Which blue jumpers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

O0I640nm.jpg
    It would help of the truck didn't look like it was transparent.

Which blue jumpers?
    Either you're not following me, or I'm not following you. I'm not sure which it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

a34ftwAm.jpg
    when I saw this

I ran
    I ran so far away
    I just ran
    I ran all night and day

Which blue jumpers?
    if you look closely, you'll see that they're very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ok, put a sock in it, Capt'n! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm having nun of these puns. You get me sister?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

New Home wrote: »
    Ok, put a sock in it, Capt'n! :pac:
    That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112441546&postcount=1632

There are some memes that are posted too soon - this one just shouldn't be posted. Sorry Dougal. :o

UOiAlf1.jpg

Another politician promising to fix the potholes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Another politician promising to fix the potholes :rolleyes:

His name is Doug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    His name is Doug.

Hard working not afraid to get his hands dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

His name is Doug.

Remember that time he lost his shovel?

Called himself Douglas all week.

He has groundbreaking ideas. Vote Doug No.1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Doug. You dig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Doug. You dig?

Working like a........Oh wait I will be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

New Ross bypass bridge in this mornings fog:
    3oelry.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

2 things:

1: In the ‘Guess The Location’ threads (Ireland & International), there are detailed instructions in post one for how to post a picture. Yet I cannot recall the last time a poster actually put a picture in their post. Is it too much to ask for the posters not to be so lazy?

2: 1800 Ladladlad’s posts are always invisible to me. I think I remember someone saying that it was something to do with the format of his posts being incompatible with iPhones. Is there a way around this? Am I the only person who reads on an iPhone? (I’m sure I can’t be) Why does boards allow posting in a format that is invisible to whatever the percentage of users is?

/rant

Thanks!!

Just on the 'not seeing pictures', I was having awful trouble last year, was missing most posts in the pic threads. I gave up visiting them to be honest, because there were more blanks than pics. Eventually figured out it was my ad blocker. Now I'm seeing everything in all their glory, and delighted to do so.
    Thanks to everyone for what they post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not bad for a model plane.

Model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There have been instances of planes losing much / all of a wing and landing safely. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/02/20/f16-jets-collision-wing-sheared-landing/23758769/

It's all down to thrust-to-weight ratio.

i have to say that this thread was a great idea. If these chats were carried out on-thread, I can imagine there being all sorts of rows.

I'm happy this thread has the right sort of idiots and weirdos. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Political opinions aside, that post would make more sense if it was one of the other two.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112480700&postcount=1702

Or maybe that they just used planned on using their old tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I wonder why homophobic and traveller bashing pictures are allowed remain in YLYL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Can we just create a thread for the new bloody Ross bypass bridge photos?
    Yeah, some of them are good but it's total overkill at this stage.
    I'm expecting to see a headline about a man being arrested for indecent relations with a bridge any day now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

GreeBo wrote: »
    Can we just create a thread for the new bloody Ross bypass bridge photos?
    Yeah, some of them are good but it's total overkill at this stage.
    I'm expecting to see a headline about a man being arrested for indecent relations with a bridge any day now...

Do you know how to use the ignore function? Problem solved. I like them and appreciate that someone is posting their own work rather than something that they found on the internet. He definitely has a talent for taking photos

8827_7925.gif

A man out standing in his field.

561348.jpg

Microsoft no longer show this message but here's what it used to say
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180528095111/https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/276304/error-message-your-password-must-be-at-least-18770-characters-and-cann
    If you log on to an MIT realm, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, click Change Password, type your existing MIT password, and then type a new, simple password that does not pass the dictionary check in Kadmind, you may receive the following error message:

Your password must be at least 18770 characters and cannot repeat any of your previous 30689 passwords. Please type a different password. Type a password that meets these requirements in both text boxes.

Note that the number of required characters changes from 17,145 to 18,770 with the installation of SP1.

• Advertisement

DXQ37bG.png

Enrico Dandolo was the 41st Doge of Venice from 1192 until his death. He is remembered for his avowed piety, longevity, and shrewdness, and is known for his role in the Fourth Crusade and the Sack of Constantinople.

You can see a wall tapestry of him in the upper right of the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

The dark white shirt joke?

Grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The dark white shirt joke?

its a bit dull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

ganmo wrote: »
    its a bit dull

Shuda used "Vanish"...........................................

• Advertisement

Enrico Dandolo was the 41st Doge of Venice from 1192 until his death. He is remembered for his avowed piety, longevity, and shrewdness, and is known for his role in the Fourth Crusade and the Sack of Constantinople.

You can see a wall tapestry of him in the upper right of the picture.
    I saw that - is that what the joke was supposed to be?

I saw that - is that what the joke was supposed to be?
    Well, your list of things that were missed was missing a thing ;)

Well, your list of things that were missed was missing a thing ;)
    Well, yeah, being only a finite list, I guess some things out of the vast infinity of things that weren't in the Witcher were bound to get left out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Do you know how to use the ignore function? Problem solved. I like them and appreciate that someone is posting their own work rather than something that they found on the internet. He definitely has a talent for taking photos

Yep I do, thanks, but it doen't solve the problem.

Boards will notify me that there is a new post when in fact its just another bypass post.

561358.jpg

Are you ok hun?!

I dont wanna talk about it babes. x

GreeBo wrote: »
    Yep I do, thanks, but it doen't solve the problem.

Boards will notify me that there is a new post when in fact its just another bypass post.

Switch to the touch site (the mobile version) and voilà, no posts.

That new bridge is on Nationwide RTE 1 now, and +1 later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

9514_4b9a.gif

Is that the New Ross Bypass?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is that the New Ross Bypass?

:P

M17 was hoping to catch a new camera angle.........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement