Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

youwould wrote: »
    Yeah that’s her.

Some appalling hair highlights back in 2005. Also, Wayne Molloy #2 is in it.

Leo looks like he's wearing the same jacket these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

youwould wrote: »
    Yeah that’s her.

Some appalling hair highlights back in 2005. Also, Wayne Molloy #2 is in it.

If that's her I want to know her secret, she hasn't aged a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Watched the Ciaran episode on Wednesday. Turns out FC is still incredible crap! Not a sign of him till the end and the first thing he does is kidnap someone, where was he planning to keep a man twice his size?? And nobody saw him running away from town.
    I see Snarler is still snarling, same old gangster crap from Carol, and Damien still hunching away with his massive head. I knew RTE would make a balls of his return and they outdid themselves. Plus has there ever been a more boring character than Laura, walking around town like wallpaper with her hands in her pockets. Im surprised they even remember the character shes that dull. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That Mairead is one nasty bitch. I can’t wait till Will makes an absolute fool of her again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Cash_Q wrote: »
    And the same with Saoirse, surely not too complicated to show the child for more than the grand total of 5 seconds that they did, especially when she was mentioned about 50 times since Caoimhe got back

Yeah, you'd think Damo would be seen spending time with his daughter, instead she's always pawned off with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

No sign of Caoimhe studying medicine after all the fuss about it a couple of years ago 🙄

And the same with Saoirse, surely not too complicated to show the child for more than the grand total of 5 seconds that they did, especially when she was mentioned about 50 times since Caoimhe got back

Wasn't Saoirse an invisible baby too? Just a crying sound? Oh actually they had one piece of footage of a baba asleep in a pram and recycled it endlessly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Caoimhe gone now, back to Germany or down to Kilkenny?

When Melanie was working at the hotel, first introduced, was her mother not in Ireland in a hospital sick or nursing home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The annual "how do we write Child X or Teenager Y out?" has begun; Will & Maireads kid's off on a hockey scholarship.....don't recall it being a storyline prior to the announcement.....

Mondos Young Wan seems to've disappeared too; last in it this time last year too or more recently?

As for the fete or whatever it's being called.........holding it on a work/school day's not odd at all like......

And with Melanie & her young lad off to Armenia that's another student off the Fair City wage bill!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,163 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Doblin wrote: »
    So was Ciarans return just a once off Cameo so ?:rolleyes:

Back for a period of a few weeks, so we'll get to see a lot more of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Where is Caoimhe gone now, back to Germany or down to Kilkenny?

Maybe that's why they showed Tommy and Jane in the crowd; FC style explanation of her packing her backs, leaving Damos house and moving over to theirs. As if Jane would take them in, are Dearbhla and the brother still there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭893bet

mojonta wrote: »
    Was she in it before that even. Watching this episode from 2005 and to me it looks like her anyway talking to Heather at about 1:30

Would fair city use the line “who is the black guy” these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

893bet wrote: »

If you look back on the some of the stuff that was said/done in the soaps/programs in the mid 2000's they'd be a good bit that would not air Today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

[/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

893bet wrote: »

Funnily enough I believe we have come full circle and you can say black man/ woman these days and you can't say coloured person or so I was told by some gob****e over on the AH forum at one stage. Mind you that could be different this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Funnily enough I believe we have come full circle and you can say black man/ woman these days and you can't say coloured person or so I was told by some gob****e over on the AH forum at one stage. Mind you that could be different this week.

Don't think there was ever a "problem" referring to someone as black.

Ever heard of James Brown - Say It Loud, I'm Black And Proud?
    Or the Black Music Awards?

Coloured, nig-nog, sambo, spade - I wouldn't recommend using those expressions nowadays. Unless you're quoting lines from Love Thy Neighbour or Til Death Us Do Part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

L
    Strazdas wrote: »
    Doblin wrote: »
    So was Ciarans return just a once off Cameo so ?:rolleyes:

Back for a period of a few weeks, so we'll get to see a lot more of him
    Good

At least Dolores believes him

Is she Will's boss, she put the cash in the holistic centre?

I do think it's amazing how poor little Junior has being forgotten about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Don't think there was ever a "problem" referring to someone as black.

Ever heard of James Brown - Say It Loud, I'm Black And Proud?
    Or the Black Music Awards?

Coloured, nig-nog, sambo, spade - I wouldn't recommend using those expressions nowadays. Unless you're quoting lines from Love Thy Neighbour or Til Death Us Do Part.

Sambo I and others often use as it means Sandwich and also Spade when working in the garden. Never heard terms used as a racist term just on telly and Love Thy Neighbour brilliant TV show people forget how anti white terms where also used showed a African Doctor in hospital a couple of episodes when i was binge watching it in hospital he bloody loved it.

• Advertisement

Maybe that's why they showed Tommy and Jane in the crowd; FC style explanation of her packing her backs, leaving Damos house and moving over to theirs. As if Jane would take them in, are Dearbhla and the brother still there?

The brother is already gone back down to Kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

So diarrhoea is cover story for mondo while he's off getting married

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Will is crackers lol. He will almost certain to be Fair Citys next killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Will is crackers lol. He will almost certain to be Fair Citys next killer

Mairead could walk in on him wearing the skin of his victim and he could convince her it was Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Robbie’s death
    feels very rushed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Well done facing up to the angry old mob Barry

Well done Nora you daft bint. At least shes a bit smarter than Mairead and realised she was wrong.

I’d still press charges if I was Barry, Nora could have killed him. Sorry is no good when ur lying six feet under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Could we be that lucky that Melanie will book a one way ticket to Armenia.

• Advertisement

Damian, forget about that asshole.... plenty of other genuine women out there.

Damien stop wasting oxegen on her. Let the stupid cow be with her gay husband happily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Someone please put Laura on the next flight to Manchester and replace Ole with her.

She is wasted as a top class football manger with Carrigstown United, who although have never been actually seen playing football, are clearly going to win whatever the heck made up championship they’re in

bazermc wrote: »
    Someone please put Laura on the next flight to Manchester and replace Ole with her.

She is wasted as a top class football manger with Carrigstown United, who although have never been actually seen playing football, are clearly going to win whatever the heck made up championship they’re in

Why the FAI have not contacted her yet for to help the Irish main team is astonishing, #Lauro #Lauro #Lauro :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

bazermc wrote: »

Didn't someone mention 5-a-side a few days ago. Faint memories of the brothers playing 5-a-side and it being indoor soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Didn't someone mention 5-a-side a few days ago. Faint memories of the brothers playing 5-a-side and it being indoor soccer.

There was a story a few years ago with the Udenze (I think) family and your man only being 16 and playing in the over 18s league on Damians team against Paul Brennan and that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

youwould wrote:
    feels very rushed.

How? He hasn't died in FC yet has he?

Even before this incident between Damo and Will, I can't understand Maraide being so pally/loyal to him, he's a prick and she still can't see it.. :rolleyes:

Even before this incident between Damo and Will, I can't understand Maraide being so pally/loyal to him, he's a prick and she still can't see it.. :rolleyes:

Mairead still wants Will, who moves up to where the ex works and lives with his boyfriend

I'm unsure really from what I remember she found out Will had being going off with fella's for years and she still trusts him!

It looks like they're getting into a 'gender neutral' storyline with the football team that we are yet to see, although I don't want to see 10 minutes of the show spent on a 5 aside game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can someone please explain to me how Ciarans dead sister ended up in Carraigstown?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Can someone please explain to me how Ciarans dead sister ended up in Carraigstown?

The brain dead script writers ;)

After Ciaran's "death" she came to sell the flat but ended up living with Eoghan as she had a kid by Emmet

She came on the scene and she said she was selling the apartment.
    I think she said something along the ling of Ciaran could be very intense and she needed time away from him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So she faked her own death or disappearance?
    And where is Emmett now?
    Sorry, I haven't watched since the kidnap storyline and dipped in to watch the 30th episode when I heard tango tastic Johnny Ward was coming back.

To thine own self be true

And where is Emmett now?
    Sorry, I haven't watched since the kidnap storyline and dipped in to watch the 30th episode when I heard tango tastic Johnny Ward was coming back.

I think she basically just cut off Ciaran.
    If Tessa was missing surly Emmet would have seen it in the media.

Emmet is in jail. They went to visit him a few episodes ago.

And where is Emmett now?

Ciaran claimed that Tessa became depressed in the period before she vanished.

It's never been fully explained why she went missing for a long time and why Ciaran thought she was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Mairead is just ridiculous there’s no way she can actually be so stupid. Damien is such a lovely genuine fella and she’s treating him like dirt. Tessa is acting very strangely. One minute she’s madly in love with Dean and planning a future with him. Next minute she won’t even speak to him on the phone. She’s so dull and dreary it’s hard to imagine what she could be hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Sparko

Melanie was a bit much, demanding her deposit back in cash on a Sunday. Any excuse to fly off the handle as usual.

Mairead is just ridiculous there’s no way she can actually be so stupid. Damien is such a lovely genuine fella and she’s treating him like dirt. Tessa is acting very strangely. One minute she’s madly in love with Dean and planning a future with him. Next minute she won’t even speak to him on the phone. She’s so dull and dreary it’s hard to imagine what she could be hiding.

If I was Damien, I would assume that anyone who could dump you in the space of two seconds is not even worth my time and there would be no point in trying to get back with her.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement