Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could anyone recommend a good cleaning company? A deep clean for a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone know where I can buy florentines in the city?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

A garage in town that doesn't charge for air?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Inver, on the coast in Knocknacarra near campsite. At least it was free up to a couple of months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy florentines in the city?

This is just a hunch, but have you tried the italian place on Abbeygate St (near the back of the mall)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

canireally wrote: »
    Hi can anyone recommend a tiler to tile the downstairs of a house near athenry area? Thanks

I live in a Athenry and had a guy do some tiling recently, lovely fell who did a great job. I got his name from a mums group I was in, he came recommended by several people. Pm if you want his details

Can anyone recommend a really good framer? I have something special that needs a frame and don’t just want a big standard mount and frame, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Can anyone recommend a really good framer? I have something special that needs a frame and don’t just want a big standard mount and frame, thanks

I used the Frameshop in Liosban at the end of last year to have 3 pictures framed. Came in with an idea for the frames and they showed me what I wanted and then several alternatives. I went with something completely different to what I originally wanted and am more than happy! They really took their time to advise me, great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blue2044

Hey All,

Looking for somewhere/someone that will mount canvas paintings. Also wondering about the cost of this if any one could help.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ray on Domnick Street does excellent work. Think his shop is called the Frame Maker. He's beside E Bruins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

As the other poster stated - Inver.
    I used the air last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Your Face wrote: »
    As the other poster stated - Inver.
    I used the air last week.

Applegreen on the Tuam Road has one of the new machines, but it doesn't actually charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi folks, staying in Galway next week and looking to get a mini-valet for my car whilst there.

Any recommendations for a good valeter close to city centre, even better if within walking distance to the Meyrick?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

So maybe off the usual topic but Accommodation for Professionals someone asked me where the best avenue to find a good house share. I mentioned Advertiser and DAFT but was told there wasn't much and I checked they are right.

So if a late twenties or thirties Professional person was looking where would they locate a place to share nowadays?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Buddy74 wrote: »
    So maybe off the usual topic but Accommodation for Professionals someone asked me where the best avenue to find a good house share. I mentioned Advertiser and DAFT but was told there wasn't much and I checked they are right.

So if a late twenties or thirties Professional person was looking where would they locate a place to share nowadays?

Thanks

FB page, Galway House Hunting For Sound People.
    We've had good results from this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Hi all

Not sure if this is allowed on here but finding it hard to source reliable house cleaner in Roscam area. Looking for someone to come in once a week for a couple of hours to do general cleaning, bathrooms, kitchen, floors etc. Work long hours and finding it hard to keep up with two kids. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭obi604

Can anyone recommend a Car Valet company in Galway?
    Looking to do the full works.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

obi604 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a Car Valet company in Galway?
    Looking to do the full works.

The guys at the petrol station in Carnmore are good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭obi604

Wegian wrote: »
    The guys at the petrol station in Carnmore are good

Thanks. Might give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blue2044

Hi

Looking for someone that can do a little artwork and calligraphy writing in order to personalise a photo album. Any names of people that could do this kind of work would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement

There's a place on Dominic Street called (I think) Just Art It, they run art classes/have a kind of gallery, it might be worth trying in there
    Blue2044 wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for someone that can do a little artwork and calligraphy writing in order to personalise a photo album. Any names of people that could do this kind of work would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Looking for recommendations for attic insulators in or around Galway city or surrounding areas please.

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Howdy,
    Looking to buy some 4mm acrylic sheets - None of the usual suspects seem to do it (chadwicks, mcdonaghs etc) - any ideas?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

CJhaughey wrote: »

60e shipping. Hence asking about local supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr OBumble says he used to get some printed ones from somewhere in Ballybane Industrial estate - now known as http://www.georgesigns.com/ I think form the address.

guess they might do raw materials too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Was on B & Q and the have some as do Woodies

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Was on B & Q and the have some as do Woodies

Not 4mm though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Try Pat Rynn Engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Someone to re-align a satellite dish , oranmore area