Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houses for heroes

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Apologies Manach.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Apologies Manach.

You could try sending a private message to actually have some sort of chance of getting an answer if you really wanted one, they might receive an email notification that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭FJMC

Hi,

I'm trying to find information on the Orion system used by Ryan Manufacturing for some of the early homes for ISSLT - appreciate any pointers anyone might have.

Thanks

F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭donaghs

It looks like Irish tenant’s of the Soldiers and Sailors Trust objected the the strict terms of tenancy, and became more militant (especially in Killester)

“In Eire, operations of the trust were complicated by a series of rent strikes culminating in a decision (the Leggett Judgement) by the Supreme Court of Eire in 1933 that the trust as constituted was not entitled to charge rents to ex-service tenants. The Northern Ireland courts reached the opposite conclusion and thereafter the trust received no rents from tenants in the South. As a result no further houses were built in the South after 1932 and maintenance was reduced to a minimum. In Northern Ireland building continued, the last house being completed in 1952.”

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14

Just noticed Robin Villas in Palmerstown village. The house designs and roof tiles look the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aaron Killester

Hi folks , great thread, I'm the chairman of the Killester WW1 Memorial Campaign please check out our social media pages and website.

I'd love to get copy of the thesis, documents and ISSLT reports I believe Jo's said he had?

My email is aaroncrampton@live.ie

Advertisement