Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-12-2019, 11:31   #541
nox001

The desire to emigrate, just hate the idea of living outside of Ireland.

The way some people almost look down on others because they want to stay living where they grew up or move back there when it’s time to settle down - particularly in relation to rural areas.
Advertisement
29-12-2019, 11:34   #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
The desire to emigrate, just hate the idea of living outside of Ireland.

The way some people almost look down on others because they want to stay living where they grew up or move back there when it’s time to settle down - particularly in relation to rural areas.
Some people always want to leave and others always want to stay, it's just the way it's always been. Some are happy with what they have and others want something more. The problems come when like at Christmas, people come back for a while and they have stories they want to tell about how great their new lives are. The people that moved on changed and so did the people that stayed behind. Sure, people will meet up to catch up but they do it out of habit or obligation, they're strangers now and always will be and that's fine.
(2) thanks from:
29-12-2019, 13:02   #543
freshpopcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beer revolu View Post
Who's the fella in the check suit and brown shoes?
Philly McMahon.
The same guy as got married a few posts back.
Thanks from:
29-12-2019, 13:24   #544
pgj2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millicently View Post
Some people always want to leave and others always want to stay, it's just the way it's always been. Some are happy with what they have and others want something more. The problems come when like at Christmas, people come back for a while and they have stories they want to tell about how great their new lives are. The people that moved on changed and so did the people that stayed behind. Sure, people will meet up to catch up but they do it out of habit or obligation, they're strangers now and always will be and that's fine.

something more or something different? just because you leave Ireland doesnt mean you have something more than the guy who stayed in Ireland. the guy who stays in Ireland or even his home town might have a business, a house, a nice car, a family, great friend etc. The guy who moved to australia might be living in a small rented flat, have a poor paying job, no friends etc
29-12-2019, 14:26   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgj2015 View Post
something more or something different? just because you leave Ireland doesnt mean you have something more than the guy who stayed in Ireland. the guy who stays in Ireland or even his home town might have a business, a house, a nice car, a family, great friend etc. The guy who moved to australia might be living in a small rented flat, have a poor paying job, no friends etc
Something more than what they're used to. I've seen it with a lot of groups of local Milennials they've known each other most of their lives, hung out with the same crowd since they were teenagers, gone to the same parties and the same pubs with the same people and formed tight little groups. Then one day the girls turn 30 and realise that tick tock went the biological clock, they've hit 30 are single and still doing the same old same old and they need to make a change or get left behind. So they emigrate.

There's probably something similar for the lads. Some people are happy with their routine others want out. Nothing wrong with staying nothing wrong with leaving. It's not so much about material things so much as some people feel like they need to leave to fully breathe and be themselves.
Advertisement
29-12-2019, 19:50   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpopcorn View Post
I think he looks very pale on his wedding day compared to him here. His wedding suit really washed him out.
How does he manage to look better in a random photo than he does in his wedding one? You have months and months to look your best at your wedding and he wore an ill fitting suit that displayed his ankles
(3) thanks from:
29-12-2019, 20:09   #547
Seamai

Bikes without back mudguards, when did mudgoards become so uncool? I was in the National Park in Killarney today, 9 out of every 10 cyclists that passed had no back mudguard and as a result had a spray of mud and pony sh*t (from the jaunting cars) up their backside and back. Do people not see this as a huge messy inconvenience that could be solved with a simple piece of metal?

Last edited by Seamai; 29-12-2019 at 21:00.
(3) thanks from:
29-12-2019, 20:33   #548
freshpopcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy Cow View Post
How does he manage to look better in a random photo than he does in his wedding one? You have months and months to look your best at your wedding and he wore an ill fitting suit that displayed his ankles
I'm not sure.
The guy who dressed him for his wedding defended him for wearing what he wore and put him in for his wedding.
I think Philly was probally trying to look cool and fashionable for his big day but he may have got it a little wrong in my opinion.
People always nearly tell brides and sometimes grooms they look great when they try something on no matter how they look.
Thanks from:
29-12-2019, 20:42   #549

Quote:
I'm not sure.
The guy who dressed him for his wedding defended him for wearing what he wore and put him in for his wedding.
I think Philly was probally trying to look cool and fashionable for his big day but he may have got it a little wrong in my opinion.
People always nearly tell brides and sometimes grooms they look great when they try something on no matter how they look.
So he actually paid a stylist to look that bad? It all makes sense now. People pay stupid money to look edgy and in vogue, but just end up looking ridiculous!

I can understand telling a bride or groom they look fabulous on the day of their wedding (you'd have to be an awful person to say otherwise) but in the run up to a wedding someone should take them aside and have a talk with them.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-12-2019, 20:47   #550
freshpopcorn

Quote:
So he actually paid a stylist to look that bad? It all makes sense now. People pay stupid money to look edgy and in vogue, but just end up looking ridiculous!

I can understand telling a bride or groom they look fabulous on the day of their wedding (you'd have to be an awful person to say otherwise) but in the run up to a wedding someone should take them aside and have a talk with them.
I think it was the owner of a shop or taylor who dresses him.
I think people just do it to keep them happy. If they say they are happy you go along with it. People nearly start threads if somebody says they don't like there wedding dress in advance of the wedding.
29-12-2019, 21:43   #551

Quote:
I think it was the owner of a shop or taylor who dresses him.
I think people just do it to keep them happy. If they say they are happy you go along with it. People nearly start threads if somebody says they don't like there wedding dress in advance of the wedding.
I get that the bride and groom have their perfect day and no one gets to say anything bad etc etc but how on earth do two people get it so wrong? No one on this thread seems to know who they are but everyone thinks his suit is awful. It wouldn't be as bad if it covered his ankles but there is so much wrong with it. And I get the impression that this is a couple who want attention.
29-12-2019, 21:50   #552
freshpopcorn

Quote:
I get that the bride and groom have their perfect day and no one gets to say anything bad etc etc but how on earth do two people get it so wrong? No one on this thread seems to know who they are but everyone thinks his suit is awful. It wouldn't be as bad if it covered his ankles but there is so much wrong with it. And I get the impression that this is a couple who want attention.
I'd actually wouldn't be a tad sporty but I'd know who he is but I didn't really know him in his wedding photo.
I know some guys who tired to do similar and they were generally just trying to be cool and popular sometimes hoping to set a trend.
29-12-2019, 22:01   #553

Quote:
I'd actually wouldn't be a tad sporty but I'd know who he is but I didn't really know him in his wedding photo.
I know some guys who tired to do similar and they were generally just trying to be cool and popular sometimes hoping to set a trend.
There's no way that trend is ever going to catch on
Thanks from:
29-12-2019, 22:08   #554
dickface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheman View Post
Transgender for under 18s
The problem is if they transition after 18 they look very manly, why some Thai ones look so good, they started early on the hormones + some genetics.
29-12-2019, 22:12   #555
Prominent_Dawg

Seeing sweetcorn on people's Christmas dinner

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion