Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-05-2019, 10:31   #796
Copper_pipe

What would be the best AirPod clone?
Advertisement
11-05-2019, 11:35   #797
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper_pipe View Post
I think it depends on who you ask and where they bought them. There are so many now, and they range from $4 (probably being resold at €40) up to hundreds on Chinese sites.
There are the i7s up to the i20s (i30s due out soon if not already) and many may have the same internals or worse.

The XY Pods
AirPod Super Copy (Identical looking in size and shape).

There are own-brand versions like the Huawei Honor FlyPods and FlyPods Pro and Lite versions.
Xiaomi Airdots and Airdots Pro and many more.
The list is huge and growing.

Last edited by Suckit; 11-05-2019 at 11:38.
11-05-2019, 12:33   #798
corkie

iXXs TWS 1:1 clones!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper_pipe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
There are the i7s up to the i20s (i30s due out soon if not already) and many may have the same internals or worse.

The problem with the iXXs TWS series is there is clones of clones from various resellers at varying prices. And it is put luck if you get a good and reliable version. Check youtube reviews as the i30 TWS is recent, nobody on here has probably got it to review yet.

[YOUTUBE] The Best Fake Airpods Clones - i12 TWS vs i30 TWS - W1 Chip
(2) thanks from:
11-05-2019, 13:20   #799
Suckit

The W1 chip is optimised for Apple products, so if using with Android, it won't be of much benefit. I didn't watch the video, but going by the titles of the other videos (apart from the cryptocurrency ones) the reviewers seem to mention that as an advantage.
Youtube 'reviewers' are often people who have signed up to an affiliate program and emailed a few stores promising reviews. I would rely more on user forums over those.
The reviewers of these seem to have declared them as the best without any other reviews of the other models.
12-05-2019, 12:50   #800
Tazium

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximoose View Post
My outliers shipped yesterday, have the tracking number and due to be here Tuesday. Order status all normal.

Oddly though they reverted my card payment this morning
I had the same, mine arrived day after shipping but they reverted my payment too.
Advertisement
12-05-2019, 13:53   #801
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisedevil View Post
Just tried mine out. Wanted them for running and gym mostly. Can shake my head as hard as I like and jump about and they don't budge. So all good with the fit. Feels comfortable.

Sound is excellent.

Buttons are better than I had anticipated as I had seen reviews saying they were too hard to press. I think they are alright.

But. Getting drop outs. Sometimes one ear and sometimes both. I'll have to test them out a bit more as I had my phone in the kitchen as I moved about and maybe they are better when the phone is on you but it's disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the Bose soundsport connection I had. I really don't want to send these back, very pleased otherwise.
I have a pair of the Bose ones.. I've tried others and nope I keep going back to the ones I know works tbh.
Thanks from:
12-05-2019, 23:45   #802
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Went with QCY's on AliExpress for a smidge over €20.

Meant to be excellent.

2019 QCY T2C TWS BT5.0 Wireless Earphones with Dual Mircophone 3D Stereo Bluetooth Headphones For All Phones
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ra1Hu2M
Thanks from:
13-05-2019, 10:34   #803
ImARebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
Went with QCY's on AliExpress for a smidge over €20.

Meant to be excellent.

2019 QCY T2C TWS BT5.0 Wireless Earphones with Dual Mircophone 3D Stereo Bluetooth Headphones For All Phones
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ra1Hu2M
I'd be interested in hearing how they go for you

my biggest issue with any of the ones I've tried so far is the minute my phone goes into a pocket they stop working which is no good when going for a walk in the rain, you can't be holding your phone in your hand
14-05-2019, 12:23   #804
Baggly
Of house Pter

Mine (Creative Outlier Airs) arrived today. Great fit, great sound, nice and compact.

Will be flying later today, and using them while i do, so ill report back on battery and any dropouts.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 12:24   #805
maximoose

Just got mine too, nice and easy to set up - first impressions very good!
14-05-2019, 12:57   #806
chrislad

Must be the day for it, as mine arrived too. Mainly using them to supplement my QC35s when I don't want to have the big headphones. They're very nice so far, but it's early days. I've a flight in a week or so, and the next week will see if they will be suitable for that. I have some foam tips that I hope will work, as I'm hearing mixed reviews that some foam tips make them not fit in the case, and they're don't sit in right, so it stays connected and doesn't charge.

Last edited by chrislad; 14-05-2019 at 15:58.
14-05-2019, 13:32   #807
maximoose

Sitting at my desk - these are brilliant. Very comfortable, sound is great and good isolation.

Went for a quick walk outside though at lunch, the level of dropout and crackling made them unusable. Gonna charge, reset and repair and give another go but that didn't inspire confidence.
14-05-2019, 14:28   #808
blastman

Mine are supposed to be delivered today, but I got a text from DHL asking me to confirm by 8am there would be someone available to accept delivery that I didn't see until 9.30, so I don't know whether they will bother trying to deliver them or not.

Last edited by blastman; 14-05-2019 at 14:39.
14-05-2019, 14:44   #809
Tazium

I've occasional drop outs while walking but nothing too bad. I've drop outs with QC35's too. But I'm struggling to feel any warmth of sound, bass response isn't great which I think is odd as they sit well into the ear canal. I've used them for running, good stability and not one drop out during exercise at all which makes them great. Up to these been I'd using the Wireless BT Outlier Ones, those with the wire for round the next, in the gym and find those to sound better.

Interested to hear if the Bose Soundsport wireless have warmer bass response. Anyone opt to the new PowerBeats wireless?
14-05-2019, 14:52   #810
lafpat

My Creative Outlier Airs arrived today from DHL and they are going straight back awful dropouts ,did master reset etc and they are unusable. Will look elsewhere I think.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion