Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So long folks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Getting rid of this forum because they want to do a clean up !..please don't discuss this decision here !!.. Laughable stuff
    Hatch , Mullo .. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Can someone recommend a decent alternative Spurs forum? Where will most ofnyoubfolks be going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Liverhampton fans laughing at us currently as we speak in the SF pool thread ..

Surely we can't finish above them next season (8 seasons in 9) with their spending power!!!..

Always looking down at Liverhampton .. Always ����

Ha ha ha ..Our dear friend beasty just deleted the Spurs trolling in the SF forum ..# priceless ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Hundreds of forums that haven't had a post in months, and they decide to close down one that has traffic. Bizarre decision yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

peteeeed wrote: »
    i don't want to play with the bigger boys

This type of response is the exact reason nobody wants to post in that hell hole of a forum. It is full of children like this particular poster.

I shall not be contributing in there unless people need help with tickets. Enjoyed the chat here over the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Another nail in the Boards (Bored?) coffin...
    Really baffling decision, but hey its the way Boreds is going...
    I will not go into the main Soccer thread, too many trolls and wind up w€nk ers in there..

Slán , agus COYS !!!! TTID

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I don't own this website so I've little enough right to complain about the decisions that are made about it's running, but it strikes me that if you're trying to maintain something worthwhile about boards then a decision to close down an active and thriving subgroup which has developed as a community is counterproductive.

The decision is one thing, the discussion-free method is another. Thanks for the offer to discuss this in private but no thanks, if you've so little respect for your contributors that you want them to grovel in private you don't really deserve their efforts in any way.

I've hardly posted on boards in about a year, partly because the real world got a lot realer, and partly because the decisions that have been made about the running of the site have grated on me. This is yet another dunder-headed move that will please only the serial whiners on the soccer forum.

Thanks to everyone who I've met or conversed with over the years, you know where to find me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I don't own this website so I've little enough right to complain about the decisions that are made about it's running, but it strikes me that if you're trying to maintain something worthwhile about boards then a decision to close down an active and thriving subgroup which has developed as a community is counterproductive.

The decision is one thing, the discussion-free method is another. Thanks for the offer to discuss this in private but no thanks, if you've so little respect for your contributors that you want them to grovel in private you don't really deserve their efforts in any way.

I've hardly posted on boards in about a year, partly because the real world got a lot realer, and partly because the decisions that have been made about the running of the site have grated on me. This is yet another dunder-headed move that will please only the serial whiners on the soccer forum.

Thanks to everyone who I've met or conversed with over the years, you know where to find me if you want.

Fairplay Ronan, you are the man who got this whole thing up and running. Because of this forum I have gained many friends who I now meet on a regular basis when traveling over. Once again thanks to yourself and Mullo and Hatch who also moderated over the years. It will be sadly missed but will keep in touch.

And meanwhile Snowboarding is still there if anyone wants to discuss anything... Most posts were in 2013 tho ....

And , "PM to discuss "..... :mad:
    Moderation should be moderate, not definitive !!!!

Ridiculous ..... 2nd post on the Soccer page was a slag/joke ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Watch a decent sport.

daveyeh wrote: »
    Watch a decent sport.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Check out the Irish Skateparks forum, Jesus wept.:confused::confused:

But im sure there is a great reason to close our Forum down......
    but they just wont tell us.......

Anyone know if the Spurs Club shop sells Spurs Snowboards ??

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Chelsea group is being closed too, granted its a LOT less active, theres only been 200 odd posts this year, compared to 2,300 in this forum but theres a reason for that, all the Chelsea fan are over in the Soccer Forum already.

IMO, its pointless having 2 sub-groups that can be easily accommodated in the main forum, especially on a forum like Boards where debate and interacting with others is what keeps the community going.

Nobody is being forced to use the forum either, I counted 60 users in the Chelsea group, 59 have access to Soccer already and probably a good 20-25 post regularly enough in the main forum as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Chelsea group is being closed too, granted its a LOT less active, theres only been 200 odd posts this year, compared to 2,300 in this forum but theres a reason for that, all the Chelsea fan are over in the Soccer Forum already.

IMO, its pointless having 2 sub-groups that can be easily accommodated in the main forum, especially on a forum like Boards where debate and interacting with others is what keeps the community going.

Nobody is being forced to use the forum either, I counted 60 users in the Chelsea group, 59 have access to Soccer already and probably a good 20-25 post regularly enough in the main forum as it is.

Does it matter what the contributors to the forum actually think? Sounds like a couple of mods made this decision to suit themselves

So its just shutting down forums, just to get everyone into the main soccer forum ??
    Was there not enough "debate and interacting" within the Spurs Forum?
    Or do yee just rather petty bickering and trolling that require banning/cards etc etc .....
    "Nobody is forced to use the main forum "..... Ahm, yes they are , because yee are shutting the Spurs one !!!! :confused:

slegs wrote: »
    Does it matter what the contributors to the forum actually think? Sounds like a couple of mods made this decision to suit themselves

Well I'm assuming (could be wrong) its too move the two football "private" forums under the Sports category and into the Soccer Forum.

Its not a Mod decision either, its happened at Admin/Office level.

Theres nothing stopping Spurs fans just posting inside their own thread in Soccer too, plenty of fans stay exclusively within their own threads and dont bother with the Match threads which can be a bit heated, or other teams threads too because it doesnt offer them anything. I dont go into the Celtc thread, for example, it serves my no purpose, unless we were linked with a player and I was looking for some knowledge or opinions.

greenspurs wrote: »
    "Nobody is forced to use the main forum "..... Ahm, yes they are , because yee are shutting the Spurs one !!!! :confused:
    Well I'm assuming (could be wrong) its too move the two football "private" forums under the Sports category and into the Soccer Forum.

Its not a Mod decision either, its happened at Admin/Office level.

See above, it was decided at a higher up level, Admin/Office level.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The decision was taken at Admin level. We pushed on with it to allow anyone who so wishes to get established in the main forum ahead of the new season, (and indeed ahead of the annual Soccer Feedback thread as the topic of these forums usually gets raised there).

However as I've already indicated this is not the place to discuss the decision itself. I've offered options where it can be discussed but to date no-one has taken up that offer.

I understand the frustration over the way this announcement has come across, but it was part of a wider process.

And I'll leave this thread open for now, as again I understand the desire of some regulars to say their goodbyes and indeed express disappointment at the decision itself. However if it does descend into further discussion of the decision the thread will be closed

• Advertisement

Just cant help themselves .....

COYS .......

FOYM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sorry to hear about the Ridiculous decision.

We all know the real reason why we are being shut down.

As for the main Soccer thread,

it's like listining to the gob****es you hear and see on the sidelines at every match played in local parks

giphy.gif

To all who have partook in this forum throughout it's existence, I bid you Bon Voyage and many thanks for your friendship and camaraderie.

Ya never know where we will meet again.

I'm going for a Pint in The Fighting Cock.;)

Cheers all

:pac: COYS Forever

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Beasty wrote: »
    The decision was taken at Admin level. We pushed on with it to allow anyone who so wishes to get established in the main forum ahead of the new season, (and indeed ahead of the annual Soccer Feedback thread as the topic of these forums usually gets raised there).

However as I've already indicated this is not the place to discuss the decision itself. I've offered options where it can be discussed but to date no-one has taken up that offer.

I understand the frustration over the way this announcement has come across, but it was part of a wider process.

And I'll leave this thread open for now, as again I understand the desire of some regulars to say their goodbyes and indeed express disappointment at the decision itself. However if it does descend into further discussion of the decision the thread will be closed

Feedback is ineffective for discussion. How could it be? Posts need to be moderated so there is no flow to a conversation. This is obvious to all except the powers that be.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

think Ronan (Recklessone) summed it up quite well.

Nothing anyone can do and as Beasty mentioned it was a decision made up the chain so not getting into discussing it so thread can remain open for a short while to allow others who haven't spotted yet post their goodbyes.

Over the years this board has led to making a great number of friends in real life who I have been to games with and still go in cases and others who we have helped out get tickets + travel advice etc.

It never really needed any mod intervention as in essence it was a proper community of like minded people who although we didn't always agree generally just got on with it and accepted differing opinions - Daniel Levy anyone??

Sad to see it go but a lot here have my email so if you ever need help with tickets etc don't hesitate to drop me a mail and will help out if I can.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Don't want a dedicated forum anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Well that's another load of posters alienated and another tap opened to drain overall site traffic too.

See yous around folks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

I have created a new forum www.irishspurs.com (I have access to quality server space and will fund other costs for the moment)

I know its a long shot with forums on the decline but if there is a demand I am willing to support the forum

I guess this post will be removed soon but spread the word if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have created a new forum www.irishspurs.com (I have access to quality server space and will fund other costs for the moment)

I know its a long shot with forums on the decline but if there is a demand I am willing to support the forum

I guess this post will be removed soon but spread the word if you can

Good man, I'm in and am willing to help all I can. I've tried using Facebook groups and it's just a mess

Edit; just registered as White Hart Loon

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement