Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google pixel 4 150€ off

Options
2»

Comments

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    can you port to vodafone and then port out to another network like gomo or do you have to be a customer with vodafone for a minimum period of time?

not sure. but it's definitely possible after a few weeks as I know somebody who did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭micks_address

I've had the pixel 4 for a couple of months and really like it. Battery is not an issue for me..it's not a cheap phone but it's easily the best android experience I've had..
    glasso wrote: »
    only the xl one is worth considering and that's more expensive

the non-xl pixel 4 has dire battery life - a real balls-up on the part of google.

e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ry-life-cameraf

get the pixel 3a instead through vodafone for a crazy €180 using a number port from a sim that you don't use - that's a real bargain and all the phone you need with a brilliant camera.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google-pixel-3a-pay-as-you-go-just-black

the mi 9 quoted above is a decent phone but the camera quality is not as good as the pixel phones. google's proprietary software that is specially tuned for the particular camera hardware on their phones produces brilliant images. you can run the same google camera app on the mi 9 but you won't get the same results in terms of colour interpretation or dynamic range.

I've had the pixel 4 for a couple of months and really like it. Battery is not an issue for me..it's not a cheap phone but it's easily the best android experience I've had..

well the battery life is sort of universally recognised as being bad on the non-xl model. you are very much in the minority there. you'll see if you ever try to sell it.

glasso wrote: »
    well the battery life is sort of universally recognised as being bad on the non-xl model. you are very much in the minority there. you'll see if you ever try to sell it.

Well I can only speak from experience. Im happy out with it.. hopefully will keep be going for two years. I have had the pixel 3xl, pixel 3a and now the 4.. p 20 pro, one plus 5s etc and this is my favorite phone. The only downside is not all apps have face unlock api integration yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well I can only speak from experience. Im happy out with it.. hopefully will keep be going for two years. I have had the pixel 3xl, pixel 3a and now the 4.. p 20 pro, one plus 5s etc and this is my favorite phone. The only downside is not all apps have face unlock api integration yet.

I'd be very interested in knowing your day to day usage and how the battery fares on it, i'm not a power user by any stretch and the 3a XL gets me through nearly two days if I let it, but the size of the 4 is very appealing.

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'd be very interested in knowing your day to day usage and how the battery fares on it, i'm not a power user by any stretch and the 3a XL gets me through nearly two days if I let it, but the size of the 4 is very appealing.

I'd say I'm a moderate user. I do have it connected to my car on the way to work and the way home for Android auto so I never have issues. I use mainly for some light browsing in the evenings, work emails, work calls etc..

Advertisement