Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options
1707172737476»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Been a long time since I've flown but just fired up everything today and noticed the image quality in app is terrible. Looks fine again when downloaded.
    Has this always been the way, it's so long since I used it last I can't remember if the view in app always looked so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Anyone buy a fimi from the sat nav repairs shop in Dublin there €380

Are the legit

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Or is anyone looking to sell there drone I’d be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

steven087 wrote: »
    Anyone buy a fimi from the sat nav repairs shop in Dublin there €380

Are the legit
    It's only €310 online including delivery, often dropping to below €280.

https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-2020-8KM-FPV-With-3-axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-HDR-Video-GPS-35mins-Flight-Time-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-One-Battery-Version-p-1658676.html?cur_warehouse=CZ&ID=62878456288102&rmmds=search&DCC=IE&currency=EUR

Should be relatively fast delivery.
    I have no idea if these codes still work to lower the price.

BGX8SEMI
    or
    BGX8SEAM
    or
    BGX8SEQM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AlfsBoard

Has anyone had a problem with their drone just falling out of the sky. Landed in sea water, retrieved the drone and now not working.
    I checked the flight log and 2no. errors showed up.
    "magnetic interference" & " Motor stopped"
    does anyone have any advice on how to go about contacting either Bangood or Xiaomi on this matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

steven087 wrote: »
    Or is anyone looking to sell there drone I’d be interested

I think I'd sell mine, I've only used it a handful of time since I purchased it - fimi x8 se 2020 but don't really have the time or interest for it. (with extras)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

AlfsBoard wrote: »
    Has anyone had a problem with their drone just falling out of the sky. Landed in sea water, retrieved the drone and now not working.
    I checked the flight log and 2no. errors showed up.
    "magnetic interference" & " Motor stopped"
    does anyone have any advice on how to go about contacting either Bangood or Xiaomi on this matter?

I had to contact them for a different issue and found them helpful.

https://www.fimi.com/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Need some help. I think I'm doing something dumb. Got the Fimi X8 back in March, but haven't had chance to fly it as I was living close to airport. Tried it last night and I can't turn the frigging on. I know I must be doing something wrong cause I had the same trouble in March when I was first testing it out, but I got it going then.

So I've charged both the drone and the controller. I have my phone connected via cable to the controller. I simply press and hold the power button on the drone for 2 seconds and I get nothing. Testing battery shows full battery.

What steps to the sequence am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

You need to do a quick press and then hold it on the second press - the 4 lights will then light up
    Controller is the same a quick press and then a second press holding it until it beeps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Tweaky wrote: »
    You need to do a quick press and then hold it on the second press - the 4 lights will then light up
    Controller is the same a quick press and then a second press holding it until it beeps

Thank you, that worked and of course I didnt read the quick start guide correctly :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭irishgeo

when trying to test flight option like follow me or spiral I get stuck.

You get the target icon on screen and some text
    like fly to the top of the circle.

I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

irishgeo wrote: »
    when trying to test flight option like follow me or spiral I get stuck.

You get the target icon on screen and some text
    like fly to the top of the circle.

I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do next.

On the top right, you can tap next (I think it is an arrow) and it goes to the next option (On that one, I believe is the radius, so it ask you to fly to the outside of the spiral). After you do it, then you should have a "go" button (I believe it was in the bottom right)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

My first time using the drone in months so I was pretty pleased with this effort, considering the piloting rustiness! 😅

A few shots from the weekend in various locations around Achill Island, Co. Mayo with the Fimi X8 SE.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Anyone found a battery supplier for the Fimi A3?

Both batteries are dead and it's a paperweight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Great vid. Made a few at weekend myself.

Could anyone recommend a decent (novice friendly) video editing software, which would also have screen recording capability?

Too many choices, so would preferer recommendation.

I don't mind paying the few euro for all functions and ad free.

Would love to see your videos if you fancy sharing!

As regards editing software, what platform are you on, Mac or PC?

PC. Sent you pm.

Thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Quick one. My pics are perfect when I take them with the drone but when I record video, the screen goes really dark on my Samsung Note but also when I play back the video it's bright for the first half a second and then so dark I struggle to see it. Am I missing something obvious in the settings or has anyone else seen this ?

Got the PM, thanks and well done!!

VideoPad is a very simple and easy to use video editor for novices, it's also free so definitely worth checking out to see if it suits you

Lightworks is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Does anybody know how to remove the 500m distance limit on the mi drone 4k? I read that you have to have 300 minutes flight time to remove it, is there any way around that?

I tried searching here but the search on the new site is useless.

• Advertisement

Hi.

Battery nackered on my Fimi x8 se 2020.

Any users here have a recommended, reliable, short lead time, value source?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I upgraded to a s22+ and the app crashes all the time.just when I get to enter device. Any fixes out there.

Advertisement