Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

madmoe wrote: »
    Ahhhh! Where should the customs declaration have been!? All new to this.

Cheers,
    M

Usually it's part of the address label.
    Declares the contents and value of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

banie01 wrote: »
    Usually it's part of the address label.
    Declares the contents and value of the item.

Like this?

Does that still mean it should have been opened?

Thanks,
    M

Like this?

Thanks,
    M

That's a freight forwarding label from a company that gives banggood a European tracking number for items originating in China.
    Very odd there's no additional non EU label on it.

Customs have the right to open anything they wish.
    It doesn't need to be specified, be glad your €19 drone wasn't held and a request for purchase confirmation sent to you with VAT assessed at full rate of purchase.
    Which would be @€;71 before delivery.

This really is a case of no harm, no foul if the drone is intact.

There are of course other reasons that a package may be taped in transit, a rip or bang in transit.
    But if everything is intact, it works and they are giving you $30 as a GWG?
    What more do you want?

That's a freight forwarding label from a company that gives banggood a European tracking number for items originating in China.
    Very odd there's no additional non EU label on it.

Customs have the right to open anything they wish.
    It doesn't need to be specified, be glad your €19 drone wasn't held and a request for purchase confirmation sent to you with VAT assessed at full rate of purchase.
    Which would be @€;71 before delivery.

This really is a case of no harm, no foul if the drone is intact.

There are of course other reasons that a package may be taped in transit, a rip or bang in transit.
    But if everything is intact, it works and they are giving you $30 as a GWG?
    What more do you want?

Yep, all good.

Thanks a million,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Like this?

Thanks,
    M

Why would there be customs on something that comes from belgium?

• Advertisement

padair wrote: »
    Why would there be customs on something that comes from belgium?

It originally came from China, the China warehouse of Banggood.

If anyone has any interest in a very lightly used 2020 X8-SE let me know.
    Complete with carry case, only had @35mins flight time all told.
    Spare rotor blades, gimbal protector and blade protection included too.
    It's a great Drone, as the posts by many on here will attest to, I just don't have enough use for it.

I checked my gutters and had a few spins around the neighbourhood.
    But really I have no actual use for it other than trying to make cinematic masterpieces that prove my talent is a far cry from my imagination ;)

From a quick look at adverts I think €375 is fair.
    Any interest drop me a PM as I'd rather sell it to a regular here. If no interest I'll stick it on adverts in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

If anyone has any interest in a very lightly used 2020 X8-SE let me know.
    Complete with carry case, only had @35mins flight time all told.
    Spare rotor blades, gimbal protector and blade protection included too.
    It's a great Drone, as the posts by many on here will attest to, I just don't have enough use for it.

I checked my gutters and had a few spins around the neighbourhood.
    But really I have no actual use for it other than trying to make cinematic masterpieces that prove my talent is a far cry from my imagination ;)

From a quick look at adverts I think €375 is fair.
    Any interest drop me a PM as I'd rather sell it to a regular here. If no interest I'll stick it on adverts in a few days.

I might have a buyer for you. Do u have a case or original box??

MorganIRL wrote: »
    I might have a buyer for you. Do u have a case or original box??

I have a case and I may have the original box but will have to check the Mrs hasn't gotten recycle happy.
    Will let you know asap.

I have a case and I may have the original box but will have to check the Mrs hasn't gotten recycle happy.
    Will let you know asap.

Can you send me a pic of the lot. I can DM email or phone # which ever suits.

• Advertisement

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Can you send me a pic of the lot. I can DM email or phone # which ever suits.

Of course, will drop you a message with the pics in the morning if that's ok?

Of course, will drop you a message with the pics in the morning if that's ok?

Ya sound. Thks very much.

This is listed now on Adverts if anyone is interested.
    €375 delivered is the boards price ;)
    https://touch.adverts.ie/other-photography/xiaomi-fimi-x8se-2020-drone-near-new/22126795

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

This is listed now on Adverts if anyone is interested.
    €375 delivered is the boards price ;)

This is now sold. Wish the new owner all the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Slightly off topic but does anyone know if these use similar restrictive geofencing like DJI drones?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Homer wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but does anyone know if these use similar restrictive geofencing like DJI drones?

Yeah. Page 10 - http://www.fimi.com/media/Productattachments//f/i/fimi_a3_drone_user_manual_3.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

I bought one of these but broke the controller. Anyone have a spare one willing to sell or where can I get one? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I bought one of these but broke the controller. Anyone have a spare one willing to sell or where can I get one? thanks

https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-2020-RC-Quadcopter-Spare-Parts-Remote-Controller-Transmitter-p-1719754.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

You might be lucky and get one from someone who has lost or crashed their drone.

Sorry this is the one I have

https://www.mi.com/global/drone/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Sorry this is the one I have

https://www.mi.com/global/drone/

I have one sitting in garage. Yours if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Mi 4K , controller here if u want with a few other bits and pieces , yours for the cost of postage .pm if u want

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Lads anyone interested in a FIMI drone? I decided to upgrade to the mavic air 2 today. It will come with a spare unused battery and an unused case.

Have it little over a month. Gonna make an adverts post later with photos etc.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Lads anyone interested in a FIMI drone? I decided to upgrade to the mavic air 2 today. It will come with a spare unused battery and an unused case.

Have it little over a month. Gonna make an adverts post later with photos etc.

I had the FIMI as well but gone back to Banggood now. Was nice but decided to go for the Mavic Air 2. Much better drone. Did you get the fly more combo?

I had the FIMI as well but gone back to Banggood now. Was nice but decided to go for the Mavic Air 2. Much better drone. Did you get the fly more combo?

I'm heading into Harvey Norman now for the flymore combo. Can't wait to fly it. Hoping the rain stays away today.

I think the FIMI is grand. I just used it as a cheap way to see if a drone hobby is for me before investing in an expensive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm heading into Harvey Norman now for the flymore combo. Can't wait to fly it. Hoping the rain stays away today.

I think the FIMI is grand. I just used it as a cheap way to see if a drone hobby is for me before investing in an expensive one.

Totally agree. I did the same, but went with the mini 2 and I'm soooo impressed with the stills quality. Video on the Fimi is great and so are the stills, unless you're a photographer, in which case, they are grainy when printing larger pics..

Mine is up on adverts if anyone in Galway is interested.

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Totally agree. I did the same, but went with the mini 2 and I'm soooo impressed with the stills quality. Video on the Fimi is great and so are the stills, unless you're a photographer, in which case, they are grainy when printing larger pics..

Mine is up on adverts if anyone in Galway is interested.

Just got my air 2 there. Rushing home to set it up haha.

I don't notice any fimi 2020 editions on adverts.

Got my Pgytech landing mat/pad in town today. Essential kit in my opinion, especially after paying what we paid for our drones! That gimbal needs to be protected at all costs!

Cheers,
    M

I have this drone. https://www.mi.com/global/drone/
    Got a controller here, thank you
    I was using an apple but they new update won't allow it to connect
    I do have an android and was going to use but I can't find the correct app. Wondering what is best app to use? Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I have this drone. https://www.mi.com/global/drone/
    Got a controller here, thank you
    I was using an apple but they new update won't allow it to connect
    I do have an android and was going to use but I can't find the correct app. Wondering what is best app to use? Thank you

Is it the same app as the 4K model? There's a direct link to the APK file here https://www.fimi.com/mi-drone-4k.html

No idea why they're bypassing the Play Store though...

Advertisement