Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Mandate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Ok so I've never done a game of this length before with the longest I've ever done was a 5-6 hour non-stop game.
    So what gear will I be needing?

AEGs,Mags (Mids I presume), Camo (spare camo too?), Batteries, Gas, BB's, Boots, Vest, Various Tac-Gear (gloves, knee-pads, etc.)

What I'm not sure about is the longer term things like a tent, sleeping bag and mat, MRE's and such.

Could someone help me with like a check list or something? It would really help me :)

And also the price is great its a lot cheaper than I imagined, so its €45 for early booking and a total of €55 if I choose to pay deposit?

Thank you for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

While it's possible to stay up for the whole event I wouldn't recommend it, you'll probably want to catch at least a couple hours sleep, maybe more depending on the unit (I personally expect those villagers to be at least trying to get a good nights sleep ...).

Sleeping arrangements also depend on unit, some of them have a safe zone camping option with optional in game camping, some have entirely in game camping.

Thanks stonewolf as much as I'd like to think I'd stay up for the whole thing, I'd probably be wreaked in the early morning :rolleyes: I'll probably be needing different things based on which side I choose then based on the info from the site anyway.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agree with wolf, if your CO's know what they are doing, and your company CO's, they will rotate sections to ensure everyone gets downtime while there is still units up maintaining the lines

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sorry about that, we'll get that fixed when Bellurgan Park are awake again.

If anybody has trouble with it again, drop me a line and I'll send you a fresh link.

Document you gave me is uneditable ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Not sure what happened to the registration form link (it was working earlier, honest guv). This is a working link Registration From.

You need to save it off (File-Save As). Enter your details and then send it back to the Bellurgan guys.

If we left it editable then anyone could change the form, and worse the next person in would see the nasty horrible details of your medical conditions, and have your girlfriend/next of kin's phone number.
    :)

I see MREs were mentioned. I asked the guys in SEAirsoft about them and the nice Ms MadMaxi has posted up a list of what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Can we get a poll going to see where the numbers are with regards people's faction choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Unfortunately it's too late to edit this topic to get a poll going, but I've set one up over on the Troops in Contact forum.

The results of this kind of thing aren't really worth much though, a lot of airsofters are full of hot air. :)

You'll need to register if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Booked :D

• Advertisement

For anyone that has paid, can I remind you that you also need to send the completed registration form to Nikki at info@bellurganpark.ie

She will log your faction choice (securing your place) and then we can get you access to the faction forums.

This is especially important for anyone who registered last night (when the link to the form was broke), as we have money from a load of people but we don't know where to place you! :)

When does early booking end, won't have mine booked until next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Well intrested!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Looks good , I'll be up for this

richieffff wrote: »
    When does early booking end, won't have mine booked until next week?
    That will depend a little bit on the sort of numbers we see. But you should be okay next week. Don't leave it too late though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

and so it begins!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

booked:D

So is there a need for a large backpack as such?
    mf-30253v-details1.jpg

Do I need a tent and sleeping bag?
    I won a voucher for €150 from SEAirsoft :D so I'm looking to get some of the things I may need from that.

You'll certainly need a sleeping bag, and a ground mat.

What unit you're in will determine what equipment you need on top of that. I know you're interested in the Special Forces unit, who will need a rucksack (doesn't need to be huge, but should be low-visibility; I'm using one exactly like the one you posted there - it uses a special folding ground mat as an insert to give it shape by the way, so if it doesn't come with one and you're getting it make sure to grab one of those too) and some kind of low-profile, low-visibility shelter, like a bivvie bag, basha, swag or poncho.

If you're in one of the other units and would like to sleep in-game, you'll need a tent (or a mate with a tent). There may be a possibility of sleeping off-game in a barn in which case you wouldn't need a tent, but we haven't confirmed that yet and with insurance considerations and all kinds of weird stuff like that I wouldn't go banking on it.

Congratulations on the voucher! You could certainly stock up on some nifty kit with that amount.

You'll certainly need a sleeping bag, and a ground mat.

What unit you're in will determine what equipment you need on top of that. I know you're interested in the Special Forces unit, who will need a rucksack (doesn't need to be huge, but should be low-visibility; I'm using one exactly like the one you posted there - it uses a special folding ground mat as an insert to give it shape by the way, so if it doesn't come with one and you're getting it make sure to grab one of those too) and some kind of low-profile, low-visibility shelter, like a bivvie bag, basha, swag or poncho.

If you're in one of the other units and would like to sleep in-game, you'll need a tent (or a mate with a tent). There may be a possibility of sleeping off-game in a barn in which case you wouldn't need a tent, but we haven't confirmed that yet and with insurance considerations and all kinds of weird stuff like that I wouldn't go banking on it.

Congratulations on the voucher! You could certainly stock up on some nifty kit with that amount.

Good to know means i'll need to get this stuff as well .

• Advertisement

Double post sorry

jeawan wrote: »
    on another note will there be a forum for each different faction on the milsim forums lads ?

Indeed there are. Once you're booked, send me a personal message on there, with your payment reference number, and I'll add you to the appropriate one.

Indeed there are. Once you're booked, send me a personal message on there, with your payment reference number, and I'll add you to the appropriate one.

Cheers man sent .

I can't decide who to choose :o
    I like the sound of the Heavies, but i'm not a lmg or dmr man so that would be a bit off.
    Might go special forces or Penitent Brigade.

The Heavies aren't by any means supposed to be exclusively support weapons, there'll be plenty of ordinary guns mixed in there as well. The nickname is more to do with the mindset - it was explained to me today that their name in Spanish translates as "The Unmoveable Rock".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Perhaps the Republicanos should counter with "La fuerza imparable"

How are the teams split so far? As in number of players signed up for each side?
    I might just have to go Heavies then, I like there style or lack of :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im able to go to this now :D Cant wait!
    Now to read up on the factions and decide who to go with :/ Good few of us going aswell so should be class :D

richieffff wrote: »
    How are the teams split so far? As in number of players signed up for each side?
    I might just have to go Heavies then, I like there style or lack of :rolleyes:
    There is an even enough split on players at the moment. But one or two of the smaller units (like special forces) are nearly full.

• Advertisement

sliabh wrote: »
    There is an even enough split on players at the moment. But one or two of the smaller units (like special forces) are nearly full.

I'd imagined that they'd fill first :D

So suppose I bring dry rations in with me, what ways are there of heating water for some warm food? I've seen small alcohol cookers and another cooker on SE with wax tablets.

Advertisement