Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Mandate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jay_F

when does the early booking end

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Paid there and sent off the registration, well hopefully :P was giving me hassle for a while trying to fill in the info :P stupid laptop :P , just waiting on my confirmation email, Guerilla's all the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Jay_F wrote: »
    when does the early booking end

Already asked and answered:
    sliabh wrote: »
    That will depend a little bit on the sort of numbers we see. But you should be okay next week. Don't leave it too late though.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Well done to all involved in putting this together. There is a lot of work gone in to it, and if it plays out as well as I hope , it will be fantastic.
    Looking forward to this soooo much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Signed up, cant wait for this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

The Patriota Special Forces unit is now full!

We've got a great poster for the game, and because more players will only make the game better, it's in everybody's benefit to plug it. If you'd be willing to print out some posters to stick up anywhere you think it'd reach interested eyes, please go to:

http://troops-in-contact.com/poster/

RioNegro_Web_Large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭the monk5845

Directions to the Mathews bus stop from the spire
    From the spire head to Parnell street when you get to the cross roads turn right up Parnell st and cross over to the left side of the road carry on up till you reach the Deer's head pub and paddy powers bookies theres a small enough sign on a poll that has the times on it.
    They also stop opposite Whitehall church car park at the Dublin bus stop on the swords road this service isn't very reliable as they often don't stop if they have a full bus so you may have to wait for the next bus and due to the timings of this event the next bus would be cutting it very tight as the earliest bus on a Saturday is at 9.30 from Dublin.
    Heres the time table for Mathews.
    http://matthews.ie/images/pdfs/01-dundalk-timetable.pdf
    one way tickets are 7 euro and returns are 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

Hey lads,
    I'm just wondering how the ammo restrictions on the Milsim units(Patriota Special Forces) are going to work.
    Can we leave ammo at a supply tent or can we only carry what we have in our mags?!
    Also with sniper rifles(VSR) can we only hold 6 rounds in a mag?!
    Cheers.

Troyad21 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how the ammo restrictions on the Milsim units(Patriota Special Forces) are going to work.
    Can we leave ammo at a supply tent or can we only carry what we have in our mags?!

Each faction will have a supply tent which, while it's operational (in other words your enemies can knacker it if they put their minds to it) can be used to reload. Failing that, you can voluntarily respawn, as if you'd just been killed, and come back after half an hour fully reset.
    Also with sniper rifles(VSR) can we only hold 6 rounds in a mag?!

Dead right, just like in real life (assuming that's the real-life capacity of that gun). You can carry as many mags as you like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

Thanks for clearing that up Shane.
    Well I just found that the M24 sniper rifle can carry a 10 round mag so I think that will be the max I can hold in a mag... The VSR is pretty much a mix of that and an M700 rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

What faction would you be in if you wore a watch cap(beanie). Or are
    these not allowed. cheers B

Ive paid and sent off my registration yesterday but still havent gotten anything saying my place is confirmed any idea on how long it takes ?

What faction would you be in if you wore a watch cap(beanie). Or are these not allowed. cheers B

I suppose you'd be a civilian or guerrilla. If you're cold though, you can fit a watch cap under any other unit's designated headwear.
    Harveey wrote: »
    Ive paid and sent off my registration yesterday but still havent gotten anything saying my place is confirmed any idea on how long it takes ?

There's been a bit of a back-log in the office, it's all being handled by the nice lady at Bellurgan Park and she's a bit swamped. Hopefully it'll get caught up tomorrow (Wednesday) - I'll certainly ask what the situation is and see if we can get it delegated a bit.

Thanks shane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

Bring it on!!!!

Harveey wrote: »

Okay, Marko's working on this now and says it'll all be up-to-date by this evening. Sorry about the delay - the procedure itself at the admin end is simple enough in theory, but slows down immensely when people for whatever reason don't include their payment reference, unit choice (!), and so on, which seems to be happening a distressing amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

I don't think we have said enough about why we picked Belurgan park for the "National Event"...
    At the last bike event a pig was spit roasted...

*chokes on dinner

Definitely making the trip for this, fair play to all involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

The Leathernecks are booked and ready for deployment.. HORRAH

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

If you buy a ticket, but it winds up you can't make it, is it possible to get a refund/sell on your place

I have a friend who wants to go but wont find out if he can get off work for another 2 weeks (as in if he does have to drop out it wont be last minute)

Don't want to miss the early booking! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

is it okay if i email my details with out using the registration form as my laptop isnt supporting it? :(

• Advertisement

When u click into the google.docs form on the site, just copy and paste it. Thats what i done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

cheers damo :)

If you buy a ticket, but it winds up you can't make it, is it possible to get a refund/sell on your place

Selling it on is absolutely possible, no worries there. I'll have to get back to you about refunds, that'll be down to Bellurgan Park, so I'll look into it.
    is it okay if i email my details with out using the registration form as my laptop isnt supporting it? :(

You bet, no worries. As long as all the right info gets there (in a manner the nice lady in the office can interpret it) that's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ironman Collie

All booked, looking forward to this one, specially since I had to pull out of Senny.......

Ooorahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

FYI, Guerillas and Special Forces are now full. Spaces still available in the other units.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FYI, Guerillas and Special Forces are now full. Spaces still available in the other units.

Special request that Executive Decisions is just me please, wreaking havoc.

And I can go around just mouthing off telling everyone that I've a massive company with hundreds of men dotting the battlefield and we make millions a minute

And it will be immense, and a great sly hand dig at the irish airsoft market :P

I booked on monday evening but still havent got a confirmation email :confused: Could you please clarify if i got the spot I wanted or not? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭chris20

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I booked on monday evening but still havent got a confirmation email :confused: Could you please clarify if i got the spot I wanted or not? Cheers

same as myself,booked tuesday night

Working through the backlog right now. Sorry for the hold-up, we'll be sending out emails as we process them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Hmm,

Executive Security Solutions...

Interesting

I love profiting from the addictions helplessness of others....:pac:

Advertisement