Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Mandate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Send me your email address in a personal message and I'll put you in touch with our LARP guy if you want to hash out with him whether there's something there that might suit you or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

PM incoming.

Booking is now open! Follow the 'Registration' link on the right.

http://troops-in-contact.com/

The cost is €45 if you pay all at once now in advance, or else €20 deposit now to secure your place, and then €35 later in advance of the game.

For that you get a big (100+ player), story driven game with multiple factions and objectives. It will be run on the excellent Bellurgan Park grounds. We will have the run of over 130 acres of forested, open, and hilly ground, with buildings, roads and vehicles in play.

If you have a large group who wish to play together but are having difficulties with ticket numbers, get in touch directly and we'll try to accommodate you.

Bienvenida a Rionegro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will suss out who of the crew are going and get me ticket booked asap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I've my booking submitted. Looking forward to this. :)
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Will suss out who of the crew are going and get me ticket booked asap ;)
    You bring the boys & toys, I'll bring the noize! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm on for this! Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Booked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

fayer wrote: »
    Booked!
    Better be changing your location from "Guerilla HQ Chernaus" then so :)

The registration form link looks to be not working

Booked there

I assume picking sides comes at a later date or?

Applying for the holidays in work tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry about that, we'll get that fixed when Bellurgan Park are awake again.

If anybody has trouble with it again, drop me a line and I'll send you a fresh link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Ok so I've never done a game of this length before with the longest I've ever done was a 5-6 hour non-stop game.
    So what gear will I be needing?

AEGs,Mags (Mids I presume), Camo (spare camo too?), Batteries, Gas, BB's, Boots, Vest, Various Tac-Gear (gloves, knee-pads, etc.)

What I'm not sure about is the longer term things like a tent, sleeping bag and mat, MRE's and such.

Could someone help me with like a check list or something? It would really help me :)

And also the price is great its a lot cheaper than I imagined, so its €45 for early booking and a total of €55 if I choose to pay deposit?

Thank you for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

While it's possible to stay up for the whole event I wouldn't recommend it, you'll probably want to catch at least a couple hours sleep, maybe more depending on the unit (I personally expect those villagers to be at least trying to get a good nights sleep ...).

Sleeping arrangements also depend on unit, some of them have a safe zone camping option with optional in game camping, some have entirely in game camping.

Thanks stonewolf as much as I'd like to think I'd stay up for the whole thing, I'd probably be wreaked in the early morning :rolleyes: I'll probably be needing different things based on which side I choose then based on the info from the site anyway.

Thanks again :)

Agree with wolf, if your CO's know what they are doing, and your company CO's, they will rotate sections to ensure everyone gets downtime while there is still units up maintaining the lines

Sorry about that, we'll get that fixed when Bellurgan Park are awake again.

If anybody has trouble with it again, drop me a line and I'll send you a fresh link.

Document you gave me is uneditable ;)

• Advertisement

Not sure what happened to the registration form link (it was working earlier, honest guv). This is a working link Registration From.

You need to save it off (File-Save As). Enter your details and then send it back to the Bellurgan guys.

If we left it editable then anyone could change the form, and worse the next person in would see the nasty horrible details of your medical conditions, and have your girlfriend/next of kin's phone number.
    :)

I see MREs were mentioned. I asked the guys in SEAirsoft about them and the nice Ms MadMaxi has posted up a list of what they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Can we get a poll going to see where the numbers are with regards people's faction choice?

Unfortunately it's too late to edit this topic to get a poll going, but I've set one up over on the Troops in Contact forum.

The results of this kind of thing aren't really worth much though, a lot of airsofters are full of hot air. :)

You'll need to register if you haven't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Booked :D

• Advertisement

For anyone that has paid, can I remind you that you also need to send the completed registration form to Nikki at info@bellurganpark.ie

She will log your faction choice (securing your place) and then we can get you access to the faction forums.

This is especially important for anyone who registered last night (when the link to the form was broke), as we have money from a load of people but we don't know where to place you! :)

When does early booking end, won't have mine booked until next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Well intrested!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Looks good , I'll be up for this

richieffff wrote: »
    When does early booking end, won't have mine booked until next week?
    That will depend a little bit on the sort of numbers we see. But you should be okay next week. Don't leave it too late though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

and so it begins!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

booked:D

So is there a need for a large backpack as such?
    mf-30253v-details1.jpg

Do I need a tent and sleeping bag?
    I won a voucher for €150 from SEAirsoft :D so I'm looking to get some of the things I may need from that.

You'll certainly need a sleeping bag, and a ground mat.

What unit you're in will determine what equipment you need on top of that. I know you're interested in the Special Forces unit, who will need a rucksack (doesn't need to be huge, but should be low-visibility; I'm using one exactly like the one you posted there - it uses a special folding ground mat as an insert to give it shape by the way, so if it doesn't come with one and you're getting it make sure to grab one of those too) and some kind of low-profile, low-visibility shelter, like a bivvie bag, basha, swag or poncho.

If you're in one of the other units and would like to sleep in-game, you'll need a tent (or a mate with a tent). There may be a possibility of sleeping off-game in a barn in which case you wouldn't need a tent, but we haven't confirmed that yet and with insurance considerations and all kinds of weird stuff like that I wouldn't go banking on it.

Congratulations on the voucher! You could certainly stock up on some nifty kit with that amount.

You'll certainly need a sleeping bag, and a ground mat.

What unit you're in will determine what equipment you need on top of that. I know you're interested in the Special Forces unit, who will need a rucksack (doesn't need to be huge, but should be low-visibility; I'm using one exactly like the one you posted there - it uses a special folding ground mat as an insert to give it shape by the way, so if it doesn't come with one and you're getting it make sure to grab one of those too) and some kind of low-profile, low-visibility shelter, like a bivvie bag, basha, swag or poncho.

If you're in one of the other units and would like to sleep in-game, you'll need a tent (or a mate with a tent). There may be a possibility of sleeping off-game in a barn in which case you wouldn't need a tent, but we haven't confirmed that yet and with insurance considerations and all kinds of weird stuff like that I wouldn't go banking on it.

Congratulations on the voucher! You could certainly stock up on some nifty kit with that amount.

Good to know means i'll need to get this stuff as well .

• Advertisement

Double post sorry

jeawan wrote: »
    on another note will there be a forum for each different faction on the milsim forums lads ?

Indeed there are. Once you're booked, send me a personal message on there, with your payment reference number, and I'll add you to the appropriate one.

Indeed there are. Once you're booked, send me a personal message on there, with your payment reference number, and I'll add you to the appropriate one.

Cheers man sent .

I can't decide who to choose :o
    I like the sound of the Heavies, but i'm not a lmg or dmr man so that would be a bit off.
    Might go special forces or Penitent Brigade.

The Heavies aren't by any means supposed to be exclusively support weapons, there'll be plenty of ordinary guns mixed in there as well. The nickname is more to do with the mindset - it was explained to me today that their name in Spanish translates as "The Unmoveable Rock".

Perhaps the Republicanos should counter with "La fuerza imparable"

How are the teams split so far? As in number of players signed up for each side?
    I might just have to go Heavies then, I like there style or lack of :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im able to go to this now :D Cant wait!
    Now to read up on the factions and decide who to go with :/ Good few of us going aswell so should be class :D

richieffff wrote: »
    How are the teams split so far? As in number of players signed up for each side?
    I might just have to go Heavies then, I like there style or lack of :rolleyes:
    There is an even enough split on players at the moment. But one or two of the smaller units (like special forces) are nearly full.

• Advertisement

sliabh wrote: »
    There is an even enough split on players at the moment. But one or two of the smaller units (like special forces) are nearly full.

I'd imagined that they'd fill first :D

So suppose I bring dry rations in with me, what ways are there of heating water for some warm food? I've seen small alcohol cookers and another cooker on SE with wax tablets.

Anyone whos travelled to Bellurgan before, how long does it take to travel from dublin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone whos travelled to Bellurgan before, how long does it take to travel from dublin ?
    I think it was an hour and a half when myself and the lads went up.

Myself and Dwane were there in less than an hour from Swords but we didn't stop at the shop on the way. It's a quick enough run up the Motorway nearly the whole distance, one toll along the way.

Was looking at it on google maps and its just a straight run up the m1 and then a small bit of small roads :) 55 minutes google maps said, i tought it would have been longer tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭the monk5845

your probably talking 80 min max unless the traffic is really bad on the bus to dundalk your talking around an hour and a half(don't get the bus eireann it takes alot longer get the mathews coaches bus it leaves from the city center every hour on the half hour) + about 15 min in a taxi from town anybody need directions to the bus pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭the monk5845

there was a request for a list of things to bring so heres what i could think of off the top of my head that i would bring on a 24 hour exercise with the reserves with a few mods but its fairly much the same. I may have missed a few things but thats the main part of it if iv missed anything let me know

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Spare camo gear
    Spare socks
    Spare underwear
    Eating utensils (mess tins or metal mug, spoon, knife and the fork is optional)
    Rations
    Ground mat
    What u need for your rifle
    Snacks (things you can eat when you stop for 2 minutes)
    Combat gear (chest rig knee pads etc)
    Small med kit (though I doubt u will need it except for blisters etc)
    Warm top (very important for when u stop or sleeping in the night you can get very cold very quickly)
    Bergen or large rucksack and a small one for a grab sack
    Water 2 to 3 litres
    Small sewing kit (for those nasty crotch rips)
    Water proof gear
    Camo paint (optional)
    Wash bag (small towel, soap etc)
    Zip lock bags great for water proofing everything
    Boots 1 pair (I know obv but u never know)
    Spare t shirt
    Small cooker hexi or gas
    Pens, pencil and notebook
    head net
    radio (optional)

there was a request for a list of things to bring so heres what i could think of off the top of my head that i would bring on a 24 hour exercise with the reserves with a few mods but its fairly much the same. I may have missed a few things but thats the main part of it if iv missed anything let me know

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    radio (optional)

Thanks for that. We are putting together a recommended gear list which will go on the website. Suggestions are welcome.

Two things that will be helpful to have are:
    • A red or orange death rag. Its a big site and you may have a bit of a walk to your respawn. This will mean you won't have to keep your hand/gun in the air all the way.
    • A gray ribbon to indicate your gun has been hit.

I don't think we have said enough about why we picked Belurgan park for the "National Event"...

The size of the woodland alone is slightly over 200 acres, or 809,371 meters squared with a small lake on the outskirts. The terrain is extremely varied and dynamic with more than enough space for units to literally get lost in. Their are many spots were a camp would have a good chance of remaining hidden.

The guys there have a lot of experience in running big events. Large 12 hour endurance bike races, motocross weekends and off roading days have all been held on site before. They can fit over 200 cars in the field directly in front of the farm. There is an area of woodland to the right of this field that could be used as an extra in game area or a safe camping zone. They have permission to set up campfire areas also to facilitate cooking and create a social focal point for players 'off game'. There are large BBQ facilities for an end of game get together. At the last bike event a pig was spit roasted for example.

They have just installed two shower cubicles and permanent toilets in the building opposite the sign in room. Placing portaloos is an option for the outskirts of the forest which has been done at previous events. There are power facilities in the yard for charging batteries etc. There also is power in the shed on the far side of the wood.

Props and game-wise, they have a few jeeps for game use with roads through the site. There is also a 10k+ mountain bike trail throughout the forest that has been mapped with GPS accuracy and could be great for moving troops. Some of the wooden foot bridges also really look the part. The airsoft part of the site has been developed with milsim in mind. Every structure has a purpose so to speak. They have kept clear of using building materials that look out of place such as tyres and pallets. Currently they have a village, radio tower, prison cell, checkpoint and one general kind of outpost. I believe the church is going in this week.

Bellurgan is 10 minutes from Dundalk hospital and 20 minutes to Newry's hospital. From previous events the land owner has established a good relationship with the local ambulance service and will have them on standby or high alert during the event.

That good enough for ya? :)

anybody need directions to the bus pm me

Actually, if you wouldn't mind writing that up for the website we could stick it there. It dismays me that airsoft practically requires access to a car to even participate, so anything to open it up to the rest of the population is great.

Thanks for the list of stuff, too, some good ideas to add to the one we're putting together.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I should point out that the train is also a viable option for those North or South ( with a taxi or lift for the last hop from Dundalk train station to the site ).

• Advertisement
Advertisement