Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode Tour 2013

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ ugsparky - I used a Nikon D3100 with a Nikkor 85mm 1.8G lens.

I put the camera strap over my shoulder and put my jacket on over it.

They never frisk anyone anymore at the O2.

Id be interested to know if its the same at the Odyssey in Belfast, as Im heading there next month for Black Sabbath.

Maybe somebody who went up for thursdays DM gig can advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

I don't know how any of them could even keep their hands in the air for that long

It takes years of practice (Yes I'm getting too old for this.. :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Spent 4 hours drive, 45 mins Luis , 1 hour que to get in, 3 hours wait for them to hit stage, 2 hour concert, 45 min Luis ride, 3 hours home, speeding ticket . But the best ticket was the one I bought all that way back at 9am .

Fan bloody tastic . Well worth every min of the traveling !

I was watching fletcher some times, that guy does feck all . And looks bored off his tree.

I was praying all day they would play behind the wheel . I made sure all tour I didn't check out set lists so it would all be surprise.

The people who record pretty much the entire thing are confusing creatures. "I've got to have it on me technology!". I don't know how any of them could even keep their hands in the air for that long with the heat inside the place. Mr. Gahan puts you through some workout!

The way I did it was , I'm gonna enjoy the Gig , not take any pictures or video, people with better cameras and sound quality will record it and put it on YouTube for me . And they did .. THANK YOU NICE PEOPLE,!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

@ poundhound

The security were very stringent on Thursday night in Belfast .. full pat down when I was going in to the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@martingore

Mmm, not what I wanted to hear, but I have now been warned.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

yeah i got a pat down @ the Odyssey I think they were looking for bottles more than anything they looked in my bag and didn't mention my camera (a crap one btw)

yes i got the full pat down, guy next to me had to get rid of water before he went in, apparently apples were ok tho, he felt it in pocket and asked me what it was, i said apple, he said ok. good job it wasnt a grenade :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

poundhound wrote: »
    @ ugsparky - I used a Nikon D3100 with a Nikkor 85mm 1.8G lens.

I put the camera strap over my shoulder and put my jacket on over it.

They never frisk anyone anymore at the O2.

Id be interested to know if its the same at the Odyssey in Belfast, as Im heading there next month for Black Sabbath.

Maybe somebody who went up for thursdays DM gig can advise?

I'd chance taking my Panasonic but if I was stopped I'd have nowhere to leave it as I was on public transport - different if I could walk back to the car ... anyway - your pics are great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

That was my first Depeche Mode gig and I was absolutely blown away. It probably wasn't far off the best gig I've been to and I was sitting in probably the worst spot in the venue.

They sound more relevant now than 90% of the bands that are around today. I don't understand why they are never touted to headline Glastonbury or any of these type festivals. There are far better live act than any band thats headlined there from what I can see.

Still buzzin after it. What are the chances they'll play some festivals next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sabrewulf

bonoman66,

impressive quality! Especially the audio. What equipment are you using?
    Hope you liked the audio I put up on dime... :D

sabrewulf wrote: »
    bonoman66,

Thanks for your great recording - always appreciate your work! You're constantly so generous in terms of you trying to capture the shows (as I know its not easy & can take away from some enjoyment as you focus on getting decent sound) & for sharing them with the fans. So much obliged to you.

I didn't capture audio but was supplied with audio for some songs from an M10 with some external mics (maybe CA11's not sure) & a preamp (9100 or 9200 I think).

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

sabrewulf wrote: »
    bonoman66,

Any chance I could get a link to that audio of the gig? Would love a copy.

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Any chance I could get a link to that audio of the gig? Would love a copy.

I'm sorry but I don't have access to the original recording & I don't know with 100% certainty that the whole gig was recorded as I wasn't the person doing the recording.

I've always shared freely with other fans where I could in the past (I've spent years of my life creating multicam concert mixes freely for other fans) & will gladly share this recording if I can get it (if it does exist in its entirety).

Hope that's ok at this point please.

My experience with some recorders/tapers is that they sometimes want to hold onto their recordings initially as they strive to trade with others in 'trading circles' & then at a later stage the recordings may surface more publically .

Created this for the recently passed 6th year anniversary of the gig..

Just in case anyone was interested or hadn't already seen it..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Depeche Mode film "Spirits in the Forest" in cinemas Thursday of next week 21/11/19 - for one night only!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Depeche Mode film "Spirits in the Forest" in cinemas Thursday of next week 21/11/19 - for one night only!

Also in Waterford, tickets in hand

Advertisement